Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
divinebeanpole
Animaaal
Leet
RANT
SeriousDogg
9 posters

Obsidian Greatsword OP Build

Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Obsidian Greatsword OP Build - Page 2 Empty Re: Obsidian Greatsword OP Build

Post by Sentiel Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:51 pm

Shame you don't know what I meant. I was hilarious ya know.

Sorry Glute, I just expected something more than aiming unlocked to hit opponent as he exits roll. That's all. Definitely not enough for me to even imagine it tbh, thanks to the casting speed. If it had CSS casting speed, then I can see and do it myself, but WDB is just so slow. Not only casting, but the actual spell as well.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:56 pm

sorry to disappoint you but spells are pretty basic,  unlock and aim where the person is expected to be.

the difference between CSS and WDB as i said is. WDB is easier to manually aim (imo) as you dont have to worry about shooting the ground or shooting into the air, and being exactly dead on.  Since WDB stays on the ground a bit you have a longer "hit box" to cause damage.

i don't know how else to better explain it, you asked how i use it, thats how i use it, i have good success with it, don't know what else to say brah.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:13 pm

One time in Depths. Host, that I invaded casted WDB in the tight corridor leading to bonfire. He manually aimed it on the wall of the corridor, so the spell traveled all over the place in a spiral, instead of in a straight line like usual.
    I almost had to change my underwear.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:36 pm

Here's a pretty decent pvper using WDB.  

An attempt at WDB:

As you can see, the only people he/she hits with WDB are simply not very good.  

Shortly after release, sans made a vid with a guy in the Kiln using a whip and WDB.  It was a little better imo, but even that video shows the weakness of WDB in serious pvp.

I agree with every single thing Sentiel has said.  Can you use WDB in pvp??? Sure.  But there are many other better options.  I never get hit by it, and wont ever get hit by it again in an open area, no matter who I'm playing.

WDB is fun, but that's all it is.  It might be a little more effective at 45 dex because of the bonus it receives to casting speed, but even then its too slow to be an optimal choice considering the other options available.

Its a fun spell for invaders though...I'd imagine.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:58 pm

lol wasn't are people used that spell as a serious tactic.
    divinebeanpole
    divinebeanpole
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by divinebeanpole Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:42 pm

Soo, yeah the Obsidian Greatsword is pretty great, even without magic or its buffs

Pretty awesome for my Forest Hunter Hunter VIT/ATT//END Dump Pyro, the fire resin is enough of a buff against those tards , but then we talk about Gold?! Well What is it Farmin Mushies for daaayzzz

And if anyone makes a OGS build and doesnt have an elemental Washing Pole to hotswap to after your weapon breaks, then.. I guess I feel sorry for you. Identical weight and stat investment. Sometimes I just switch midway for fun, or if Im fighting someone who is too quick for my OGS swings, like a DMB poke-flip-fest

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 4:50 pm