Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
Sentiel
hey its andres
LunarFog
tofucactaur
RANT
Emergence
Soris Ice Goldwing
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Oh_the_Humanity
13 posters

It's Official! Backstabs are Back!

Werdax
    Werdax
    Addicted
    Addicted

It's Official! Backstabs are Back!  - Page 2 Empty Re: It's Official! Backstabs are Back!

Post by Werdax Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:08 am

Maybe this will also discourage people to rely on backstaps in pvp, though it remains to be seen how it would work against another player. Quite frankly, I welcome this new backstap mechanic. It made the game WAAAAAY easier then it had to be.
    We still haven't seen anything to parries, yet. I wonder if same changes has been made to parries and ripostes.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

It's Official! Backstabs are Back!  - Page 2 Empty Re: It's Official! Backstabs are Back!

Post by Jansports Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:26 pm

^ That. There still is no Word on Parry/Riposte

I think the change is great for PvE, not so great for PvP. As the only time the i-frames matter in PvP is when outnumbered. If gank squads are possible again they'll be even tougher to deal with solo.

But the PvE implications are wonderful, between these new backstabs and the more dynamic looking combos weapons are doing combat looks to be shaping up to be quite engaging.

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 11:58 am