Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
crbngville2
Hart
MosquitoPower
Forum Pirate
Serious_Much
PlasticandRage
Onion Knight
drdrack
SirArchmage
skarekrow13
Encore
SadPanda
16 posters

Any Good Casual Games?

SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Any Good Casual Games? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any Good Casual Games?

Post by SadPanda Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:33 pm

aceluby wrote:How about Dragon's Dogma?  I've put a few hours into it and it seems like an arcade version of skyrim w/ better monsters.  Really enjoying it so far and I haven't even explored the class changing part.
    I have around 200 hours on Dragon's Dogma happy
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:18 pm

I've got a give that another shot. I bought it when I was still Dark Souling every day. Played it the night I bought it, then DkS went back in the next day and I haven't touched it since. Seemed cool.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:31 pm

MosquitoPower wrote:Everyone I talk to seems to hate it, but I say Dragon Age 2 was pretty fun type game that is pick up and play.
    I played through it on hard setting and was not particularly stressful (except for those DANG 1 hit kill backstab attacks from enemy rogues). Im sure on normal or casual setting it would be like watching a movie. But you do push buttons to attack unlike Dragon Age 1... so you will still feel involved.

If Dark Sector didn't have those dang "puzzles" I would recommend it also. Fun to just walk around throw a controllable spinning blade and zombies/monsters/troopers.
    You don't have to, its a setting. And I hate 2. Its "actionafied" to please "wider audiences" instead of the slow and strategy heavy dragon age.
    MosquitoPower
    MosquitoPower
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MosquitoPower Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:46 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:
    MosquitoPower wrote:Everyone I talk to seems to hate it, but I say Dragon Age 2 was pretty fun type game that is pick up and play.

You don't have to, its a setting. And I hate 2. Its "actionafied" to please "wider audiences" instead of the slow and strategy heavy dragon age.

What must have happened to me was that I missed Dragon Age 1 and started with 2.
    Then when I went I started Dragon Age 1 I found myself really frustrated at not being able to direct characters move/stand in specific points (I was all about setting up the crossfire killzone in DragonAge 2).

Also as per my strange mind, I found myself really enjoying Dragon Age 2 for the story. Something that I have been told is not nearly as good as the story in Dragon Age 1. But I say having your create a character actually talk in DA2 was just too cool cheers 

But I do agree totally that Dragon Age 2 is waaay "arcade" in combat:
    Shoot! Slash! Push Buttons! MASH THAT ATTACK BUTTON! FASTER!
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:03 am

I really disliked DA2 also. The combat wasn't what bothered me though. I felt like the combination of the entire game taking place within one city and their recycling of areas made it feel very stale very quickly. Hopefully they learn that lesson for 3.
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:59 am

PlasticandRage wrote:I really disliked DA2 also. The combat wasn't what bothered me though. I felt like the combination of the entire game taking place within one city and their recycling of areas made it feel very stale very quickly. Hopefully they learn that lesson for 3.
    Luckily they said that it would be in many different areas, and that there would be no more re-used areas. Also, customizing armor will be back. I didn't particularly enjoy that unless you had the whole set for the armor, though. Until you got the whole set they usually just looked pretty odd.

I actually liked both games pretty equally. I agree that Dragon Age 1 had much, so much better story, and much more challenging combat, but there were too many things I enjoyed of Dragon Age 2. I felt it game me more immersion then 1, despite the immersion being broken by the re-using of levels. Though all the time my immersion was broken by the dumb look on your characters face in 1 just all the time. A lot more immersion when you choose to say something, and you actually hear your character say it. Looking forward to 3 though, and hoping the story will be as great as 1.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:27 am

SirArchmage wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:I really disliked DA2 also. The combat wasn't what bothered me though. I felt like the combination of the entire game taking place within one city and their recycling of areas made it feel very stale very quickly. Hopefully they learn that lesson for 3.
    Luckily they said that it would be in many different areas, and that there would be no more re-used areas. Also, customizing armor will be back. I didn't particularly enjoy that unless you had the whole set for the armor, though. Until you got the whole set they usually just looked pretty odd.

I actually liked both games pretty equally. I agree that Dragon Age 1 had much, so much better story, and much more challenging combat, but there were too many things I enjoyed of Dragon Age 2. I felt it game me more immersion then 1, despite the immersion being broken by the re-using of levels. Though all the time my immersion was broken by the dumb look on your characters face in 1 just all the time. A lot more immersion when you choose to say something, and you actually hear your character say it. Looking forward to 3 though, and hoping the story will be as great as 1.

I really enjoyed pretty much every aspect of DA1. Really felt like massive tragic defeat in the beginning, then the climax when you rush the city was just epic. The character development in Bioware games is absolutely amazing too. Have to say that was my favorite part. So far, in my personal experience with Bioware, the characters in DA1 are my favorites too. They all have such depth. I went so far as to buy the DLC with the Golem character pretty much just to have an extra character to explore. Hardly ever used her in combat.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:07 am

I strongly disliked the main character being voiced in DA2. The point of such games is to roll play, and when its text based its easy to formulate a response in my head and simply pick the response closest to it, I can't do that in DA2 because the main character is voiced, and thus I don't actually create their personality but simply chose which of the 3 paths it takes (being humanitarian, "suave" and prick.)

@MosquitoPower You can direct characters to stand in specific locations and create directed crossfire zones in dragon age 1. On the higher difficulties constant and intelligent use of that exact feature is just about the only way to succeed, even with a well designed party.
    MosquitoPower
    MosquitoPower
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MosquitoPower Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:44 am

Forum Pirate wrote:@MosquitoPower You can direct characters to stand in specific locations and create directed crossfire zones in dragon age 1.

Wowzers how did I miss that one.
    I need to go back and revisit me some dragon age 1!

Forum Pirate wrote:I strongly disliked the main character being voiced in DA2. The point of such games is to roll play, and when its text based its easy to formulate a response in my head and simply pick the response closest to it, I can't do that in DA2 because the main character is voiced, and thus I don't actually create their personality but simply chose which of the 3 paths it takes (being humanitarian, "suave" and prick.)

What must have happened for me was this:
    My DragonAge2 character was a old man were I had beforehand imagined him as a wise peace loving sage type during character creation. So the humanitarian answers were exactly the type of things I wanted him to say.

The same thing went for my sisters character, she wanted a suave prick, and that was exactly the options that were available.

But I can see how if you wanted something other than the predetermined options... it would be a major letdown.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 9:12 am