Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
MOTHAX300
strangejoy
Serious_Much
Godless Servant
justwant2play
Carphil
Brokewilly
User
Prinny
Scudman_Slayer
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Comodreha
bending_sinister
Baal-Avatar
RANT
dominoboy
Glutebrah
21 posters

forest invaders got good??

Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

forest invaders got good?? - Page 2 Empty Re: forest invaders got good??

Post by Carphil Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:46 pm

Serious_Much wrote:I think he made a mistake maybe?

or perhaps it was a glitch where one of the guys who invaded was summoned as white phantom instead?

I would black crystal him and then invade n kill him for just trying to invade my danm world
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:50 pm

I don't know if it was a glitch or not but one guy (color: yellow or white) attacked me with magic wearing robes, I guess he saw that I was prepared for him (i.e. right defenses) so he ran back towards the castle, then two more melee dudes (both were white or yellow phantoms) came down to the area where the killer trees are near the cliff. They kicked my butt basically. I never saw the host. So either one of the two melee characters completely changed his/her appearance it was three phantoms (white or yellowish) plus the host - so four enemies in total.

Per this website - http://darksouls.wikidot.com/white-phantom

"White Phantoms are players that you invite to help you in your world via the White Soul Signs created by using the White Sign Soapstone. These players affect your world by participating in killing one of the Bosses in the area. Up to 3 White Phantoms can be summoned by a given player at one time. To summon, find a White Soul Sign and follow the prompts. You must be Human to summon a Phantom."

So I do think it is possible under the right conditions (e.g. the host had not killed Sif yet) which appears this host was able to meet.

Anyone else fight 3 white phantoms and a host at the same time?

"You can't say civilization don't advance ... in every war they kill you in a new way." - WILL ROGERS

Brokewilly 5 by 5 here....back into the fray
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:55 pm

This is very very interesting, I could never saw a sign after summoning two people. Maybe one of them being a NPC but at the forest this would not be possible. Hmm, I would like some confirmation.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:09 pm

Just thought of another possibility. On time when I invaded as a dark phantom into the forest - my invasion was co-opted and I invaded as white phantom to help out the host. I was a little confused at first and almost attacked (I missed thank God!!) one of the forest residence (the cleric I think). I was afraid if I helped the host out and attacked one of the forest residence I would commit a sin and get kicked out of the covenant so I suicided myself (jumped off the cliff).

So it is possible a forest covenant member invasion got co-opted, he came in as white phantom and decided to help the host. If the host already had two white phantoms in the forest then that would make four enemies.

Don't know - this game can throw some curve balls at you sometimes.

Brokewilly...today is a good day to die!!!
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:13 pm

Thats right, one time I invaded a dude as red spirit through my white soapstone. This is a bug that often occurs. So what happened is that he prob had 2 summoned guys and the game bugged and instead of someone invading, one more white summon. He should had put in youtube or something
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:36 pm

I hope I'm one of the forest covenenters who killed you. Did any of you run into "eight_way_santa," by chance? I decided to join the covenent on a whim about a week ago, and I've been having a great time killing hosts with my SL12. As far as I could tell, we won the day on Thurs night and Weds night (I wasn't there on Fri night). I killed two groups of campers so many times that they abandoned ship, and two other groups seem to have been killed by other players. Another group of campers fell to me about three or four times in the beggining of the night, but they improved and I wasn't able to kill them later (I routinely killed the sunbro helper, but his host had become quite adept at bs'ing me while I was occupied with his friend). I'm glad to hear that other forest invaders are also kicking some ass. Rock on, forest people!
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:41 pm

Whomever forest covenant member just help me kill a camper (wearing the mothers mask and using the Greatsword of Astorias) good freaking job!!!! Now that is what I'm talking about - all those extra HPs did not help him one bit. And another thing forest homie - using Havel's Club as the killing blow was beautiful since I was just about all out of stamina. Also the both of us alternating Tranquil Walk was right on the money

"Cut the head off the snake - then kill it!" - GEN. COLIN POWELL

Brokewilly over and out - back to the forest.

MOTHAX300

Post by MOTHAX300 Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:49 am

Thanx for the encouraging remarks. I have been keeping the faith for the duration of my first playthrough and pledged my allegiance again as early as possible in NG+. I enjoy the fights tremendously since I am getting a lot of MP action all the time. I try to fight with all means at my disposal and since I am almost all the time outnumbered I do not bother with the usual MP antics like bowing and such. I just try to kill invaders any way I can.

Good hunting
    k0rruptid
    k0rruptid
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by k0rruptid Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:16 am

people seem to forget that actual darkmoons can invade people like 50+ levels below them (tested it myself, my level 58 could invade level 5s and 10s in undead burg, only people who had box glitched though as it carries over points of sin as well), so these "good" forest invaders could just be higher level darkmoons.
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:22 am

k0rruptid wrote:people seem to forget that actual darkmoons can invade people like 50+ levels below them (tested it myself, my level 58 could invade level 5s and 10s in undead burg, only people who had box glitched though as it carries over points of sin as well), so these "good" forest invaders could just be higher level darkmoons.

The text warning about the invasion will be different, so there shouldn't be any confusion. If a DM invades, it will be "spirit of vengeance." If a forest hunter invades, it will be "dark spirit" or something like that. That said, DMs do invade the area. I get invaded by them all the time near the bonfire outside of the forest. I've never once lost to them, so I'm inclined to say they're not responsible for any shift in the tide.

edit: korruptid, did you suddenly age? I thought you said you were 12 or 14 in the other forum?
    k0rruptid
    k0rruptid
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by k0rruptid Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:38 am

i think the only way i said i was 12 was if i said "hi im 12 and what is this" as in trolling. lol.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:03 pm

MOTHAX300 - Glad to have you on the team. Bum Rush NG+ so you can give a cat some help.

"Show no fear, give no quarter, press the attack - you don't want to live forever do you!!" - BROKEWILLY CIRCA 2012

Brokewilly - signing off. Back to the woods I go.

strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:19 pm

Brokewilly wrote:MOTHAX300 - Glad to have you on the team. Bum Rush NG+ so you can give a cat some help.

"Show no fear, give no quarter, press the attack - you don't want to live forever do you!!" - BROKEWILLY CIRCA 2012

Brokewilly - signing off. Back to the woods I go.

Rock on, Brokewilly. Let's give that damn cat some love. I expect to receive my rank 3 in the covenent today. It's not worth a damn, but it still brings a tear to my eye.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:19 pm

strangejoy - Glad to hear from you. Forest + 3 - now that's what I'm talking about!! You have definitely been doing some killing!! At +2 currently - still trying to get to your level.

"War is a severe doctor; but it sometimes heals grievances." - EDWARD COUNSEL - Maximus

Brokewilly singing out - I think I hear a camper in the wire!!
    theAnimus
    theAnimus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by theAnimus Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:24 pm

The term steam-roll was used too many times in OP.
    russiannightmare
    russiannightmare
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by russiannightmare Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:11 am

just joined the forest cov recently but I'm loving all the pvp I'm getting with it especially since my character is over 200. there isn't anything much better then killing two phantoms and watching the host run like hell looking for more signs
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:07 am

Meh! The only reasons I wood (haha!) join the forest covenant is for the fog ring, the weapons in blighttown, then the flip ring from dudette. Otherwise I get a little bored hanging around the forest waiting for some PVP action..or killing covenant members over and over... its all a bit beneath me now...besides, no-one gives this cat as much praise as that beeeatch in the window!

@broke willy - "Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate" - Sun Tzu

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 28, 2024 10:09 pm