Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
IV_Mark_VI
6 posters

OUYA Console

IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

OUYA Console Empty OUYA Console

Post by IV_Mark_VI Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:39 pm

Anyone know anything about this?  Seems doomed to failure but very interesting!
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

OUYA Console Empty Re: OUYA Console

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:22 pm

Sounds like it's more of a casual machine built maximal utility. Probably not for me but an interesting project to be sure. Will be looking to hear more.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:55 pm

The open source is interesting; I always am looking for a good game off the beaten path.  Mainly on the system and not the polish.  A robot can be represented by a circle and still have good mechanics in my opinion.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:14 am

Should have a lot of android support early but a lot will depend on the ease of transferring input. Most Android games are meant to maximize a touchscreen. Controls might be ugly but who knows. Nintendo is also demonstrating what a lack of horsepower for a home console can do. Ouya is probably beefy for Android but can it handle more?

Edit: I forgot to mention that they could bolster their console dramatically with a good streaming partner. I have an onlive account because they gave away Lego Batman with it (wii version I think). It runs reasonably well on my smart phone. I wouldn't be tempted to really play the game thanks to lag in movement input (everything else is responsive) but I'm thinking either a better internet connection or more power on my phone would be pretty nice actually. A tablet might be able to do it well. Getting that good enough to beat the giants will be a chore since ps4 is already saying they'd like the entire ps library streaming eventually. If they're serious......
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:00 am

Xbox shaped controller is a huge turn off for me, as a sony fanboy.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:42 am

A bit of information on the Ouya: the Ouya is Android based, but it's designed with high end gaming in mind(maybe not on current or next gen specs but close). Part of the development process around the Ouya revolved around finding developers interested in porting their old (Android) games or writing new games for the Ouya and specifically its controller. Everything they've done has made it easier for developers to make games that aren't touchscreen reliant, so you won't be getting games limited by what a mobile phone can do.

I believe the Ouya has the capability to be a good console. It won't be AAA but it'll be a good console nonetheless.
    Peaceful Wollyhop
    Peaceful Wollyhop
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Peaceful Wollyhop Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:28 am

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 11:34 am