Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Animaaal
Soris Ice Goldwing
Dibsville
Saturday-Saint
SadPanda
9 posters

Are Dead Angles Cheap, or Efficient?

SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Are Dead Angles Cheap, or Efficient? Empty Are Dead Angles Cheap, or Efficient?

Post by SadPanda Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:45 pm

So lately I've been getting a lot of hate in the forest for using dead angles with weapons. The usual, murakumo, zweihander, claymore, etc. Well almost everyone I beat with a dead angle gets mad and says that I'm bad. Or, if they're new, they say I have mods.

So back to the title, are dead angles cheap, or are they an efficient way of minimizing use of a shield?
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Are Dead Angles Cheap, or Efficient? Empty Re: Are Dead Angles Cheap, or Efficient?

Post by Saturday-Saint Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:51 pm

Are Dead Angles Cheap, or Efficient? Header

Are deals at Lowe's cheap, or are they an efficient way of minimizing money spent on home appliances?
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Are Dead Angles Cheap, or Efficient? Empty Re: Are Dead Angles Cheap, or Efficient?

Post by Dibsville Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:52 pm

Dead-angles are completely efficient. If you're dumb enough to sit there and try to block a weapon that can clearly dead-angle instead of dodging/keeping distance, then you deserve to be dead-angled.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:55 pm

Dibsville, what do you think makes dead angles efficient?
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:55 pm

Saturday-Saint wrote:
    Are Dead Angles Cheap, or Efficient? Header

Are deals at Lowe's cheap, or are they an efficient way of minimizing money spent on home appliances?
    Well put. Are you trying to market Lowe's by the way? laughing 
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:57 pm

For me it depends on the situation. Parry spammers, turtles, spear turtles, WoG spammers and DWGR users to me are fine to dead angle just so it is easier for me to get a hit off. But I won't use it for duels.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:59 pm

Saturday-Saint wrote:Dibsville, what do you think makes dead angles efficient?
    It's a way to get around people who turtle or just sit there and take it instead of doing something.

I can't do anything but literally facepalm if I get dead-angled.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:06 pm

Depends.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:07 pm

I think there is a strong argument that dead angles are cheap. They are very subversive of peoples' expectations, an element common in many things considered cheap.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:08 pm

Allofthem?
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:09 pm

I think there's viable arguments both with and against dead-angling. It seems completely situational.
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:09 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:For me it depends on the situation. Parry spammers, turtles, spear turtles, WoG spammers and DWGR users to me are fine to dead angle just so it is easier for me to get a hit off. But I won't use it for duels.
    I'll use them in duels, because I only really duel people that aren't bad. I really only ever duel people on the forums, uploaders, or people that are good. Otherwise it's just a fight. If you're good at PvP, you know when a dead angle is coming and how to counter it.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:16 pm

I do a lot of random PvP so knowing dead angles is useful knowledge for when things get tough. When I see someone try to dead angle they normally use a scythe and just spam the running attack. That is what I call cheap dead angling.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:19 pm

Well, dead angeling is a "glitch." Regardless, that's a hard call. The way i see it, you should be able to dead angle just like you should be able to backstab. If that makes sense.

I guess what i'm saying is, that should be in everyone's arsenal. And if it isn't in your arsenal, then that's your fault.
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:21 pm

Ok, what about moveset swapping? Not how to do it, what works best, etc. Just if it should be "allowed" in PvP, or if it's cheap.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:22 pm

SadPanda wrote:Ok, what about moveset swapping? Not how to do it, what works best, etc. Just if it should be "allowed" in PvP, or if it's cheap.
    THAT is complete bogus, it IS a glitch, as compared to arguments that dead-angling is intended.

Moveset swapping SHOULD NOT be allowed in PvP. It's cheap and stupid.

Last edited by Dibsville on Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:23 pm

I've never experienced that. I'd like to see that. As long as they weapons retain their original damage it shouldn't be that bad. But, a zweih with a great scythe moveset would be really bad. Like i said, i've never seen that done or fought someone who used that. 

Does anyone know exactly what it is besides the obvious?
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:25 pm

TooLeet wrote:I've never experienced that. I'd like to see that. As long as they weapons retain their original damage it shouldn't be that bad. But, a zweih with a great scythe moveset would be really bad. Like i said, i've never seen that done or fought someone who used that. 

Imagine someone doing the Gold Tracer R2 with a Zwei, same range as Zwei, with Zwei's damage.

3 consecutive hits with one of the longest and strongest weapons in the game, with over 600 AR worth of damage each hit.

Enough to OHKO someone.
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:25 pm

TooLeet wrote:I've never experienced that. I'd like to see that. As long as they weapons retain their original damage it shouldn't be that bad. But, a zweih with a great scythe moveset would be really bad. Like i said, i've never seen that done or fought someone who used that. 

Last edited by SadPanda on Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:26 pm

I worded that wrong. I meant how is that even accomplished.
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:27 pm

And since the properties of the R2 of the weapon are maintained, an R2 with a dagger could do the Smough's hammer pancake. Pretty overpowered.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:27 pm

SadPanda wrote:

*needs editing
    Please edit this.

"7. Don't post how to glitch or hack the game.  This extends into trading of hacked items.  Item and character modification gives an unfair advantage and diminishes the integrity of the game."

Do not post how to do glitches, especially something as game-breaking as moveset swapping. Take it to PM's if you want to tell him.
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:28 pm

Dibsville wrote:
    SadPanda wrote:

*needs editing
    Please edit this.

"7. Don't post how to glitch or hack the game.  This extends into trading of hacked items.  Item and character modification gives an unfair advantage and diminishes the integrity of the game."

Do not post how to do glitches, especially something as game-breaking as moveset swapping.
    I figured I'd get called on it. That's why I included the disclaimer, you put it better anyway.
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:29 pm

TooLeet wrote:No one posted how to do it..
    I did, but put a disclaimer. I did just remove it however.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:31 pm

It's all good, i didn't even read your post. I was just asking if it was a hack or a glitch basically. I don't know how to do any of that, nor do i wanna know. Because i'd have to right to complain about hackers, which i just so happen to run into.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 11:37 pm