Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
StiffNipples
Animaaal
Carphil
skarekrow13
Dibsville
9 posters

new level range calculator - shows the exact ranges for all multiplayer items and perspectives at once

retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

new level range calculator - shows the exact ranges for all multiplayer items and perspectives at once Empty new level range calculator - shows the exact ranges for all multiplayer items and perspectives at once

Post by retro Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:36 pm

https://mpql.net/scripts/tools/dark-souls/

This is great! It also provides a link to whatever specific level you input, so if anyone asks "what levels can my SL87 be paired with", you can send 'em this:
    https://mpql.net/scripts/tools/dark-souls/?level=87
    cheers 
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

new level range calculator - shows the exact ranges for all multiplayer items and perspectives at once Empty Re: new level range calculator - shows the exact ranges for all multiplayer items and perspectives at once

Post by Dibsville Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:38 pm

And... bookmarked.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

new level range calculator - shows the exact ranges for all multiplayer items and perspectives at once Empty Re: new level range calculator - shows the exact ranges for all multiplayer items and perspectives at once

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:39 pm

Amazing!

Did you make this?
    retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:45 pm

No, crap, I should've given credit. It was recently posted here:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls/comments/1hyqzx/new_multiplayer_level_calculator_developed_by_a/

It was created completely independently. I haven't spoke with those who made it, but it appears to stem partially from my research and findings that I've been posting. happy

Last edited by retro on Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:06 pm

Well. You still rock
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:08 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:Well. You still rock

Yea! Thanks for another contribution!
    retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:28 am

Thanks guys! I'm hoping the level ranges in Dark Souls 2 aren't any more obtuse. Hopefully we can have tools like this much sooner during the game's lifespan.

Or, what I would really love, is if the game just flat out told you the potential level range. I can understand if people don't want to see the numbers spelled out in an intrusive way (might take away from the immersion a bit), but I see no reason why if you read the item description, why it shouldn't have an adaptive portion of text that tells you the current range of players. Something like this:

Online play item.
    Leave summon sign for level 80 - 120 players.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:43 am

retro wrote:Thanks guys! I'm hoping the level ranges in Dark Souls 2 aren't any more obtuse. Hopefully we can have tools like this much sooner during the game's lifespan.

Or, what I would really love, is if the game just flat out told you the potential level range. I can understand if people don't want to see the numbers spelled out in an intrusive way (might take away from the immersion a bit), but I see no reason why if you read the item description, why it shouldn't have an adaptive portion of text that tells you the current range of players. Something like this:

Online play item.
    Leave summon sign for level 80 - 120 players.

should work much better, but since dark souls has always been about being confusing and providing little information to the players, I'm not so sure if its likely to happen
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:32 pm

Thanks retro, a couple buds and myself have always had a problem with the extra 10%, other times we wouldn't, now I know why.

Thanks again, Bow 
    StiffNipples
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by StiffNipples Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:51 pm

Rather than have the item description give you facts like that (imo it would riun the immersion a bit) I would much rather FROM just outline it in a manual or guide book.

Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:45 pm

StiffNipples wrote:Rather than have the item description give you facts like that (imo it would riun the immersion a bit) I would much rather FROM just outline it in a manual or guide book.

well said, that was what I was thinking. Not sure what will happen but lets hope FROM comes up with something great as usual
    retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:00 pm

I got in contact with the guy who made the calculator, and we shared some ideas regarding our doubt in the previous explanations of Darkmoon invasions. So he did a bunch more testing, and found that almost everything that was assumed about the Blue Eye Orb was wrong.

1. The amount of sin a host has does not affect the level range of Darkmoon invasions. If the host has 1 or more indictment sin, then they can be invaded.

2. PvE sin-- attacking/ killing NPCs does NOT open you to Darkmoon invasions either. Killing Gwynevere / Gwyndolin and plunging Dark Anor Londo into darkness were not specifically tested, but asides from those maybe working, killing random NPCs is a separate kind of sin that does not affect invasions. You pretty much need to be indicted.

3. You cannot invade any level lower than you. It was assumed to be like the Red Eye Orb or Cat Covenant Ring, where you have the potential to invade any level higher, just reversed. Instead there actually is a lower level cap, it's just a large one.

Finding the lower level limit appears to be a consistent formula:
    x - (50 + 0.2x)
    ("x" = the invader's level)

That's it, minus 50 plus 20%.

This means level 100 can invade down to level 30 at the lowest, because 20% of 100 is 20, then add 50 to that to get 70. Then subtract 70 from 100, and you get 30. It still uses the co-op level range for the upper level limit, which is + 10 plus 10%.

Example Blue Eye Orb level ranges:

63 invades: 1 - 79
    64 invades: 2 - 80 (the point where you can no longer invade all the way down to level 1)
    100 invades: 30 - 120
    200 invades: 110 - 230
    500 invades: 350 - 560

I can go into more detail on the methodology of the testing if anyone is interested, but if you're in doubt, it'd be great to actually see evidence of a Darkmoon invader finding a host of a lower level than this new formula predicts. We're pretty confident of this. happy

Last edited by retro on Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:18 pm

You have found the method of invasion of my most hated of enemies.........The Darkmoons. I can finally have accurate knowledge of the people that I fight the most.

Here, take all the +1's I have.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:22 pm

I got in here via a link from another thread. I don't know how I could miss this thread!

After reading Retro's last post, I feel like a royal douchebag right now. I've been Darkmoon invading people for the past few hours. Now wonder all the fights were so goddamn easy and Souls so low. I was under the impression that Blue Eye Orb uses the usual summoning formula +1 SL for every Sin (Indictment) accumulated by the host. So even if I would invade someone who was 50 levels below me, I'd assume the person is higly skilled in PvP.

Now I was probably invading noobs that got Indicted by someone, or happened to smack Gwyndolin.
    Just great...

Kaathe, take me baaaack plz. sad

This is an amazing discovery. So much that I don't know how to express my amazement of what Retro does for the community. You're a legend, good sir.
    retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:01 pm

Yeah, that does put a sort of new perspective on it, doesn't it?

I too thought that if I invaded a player far below my level, that at least they were a filthy filthy sinner. But it could just be someone who got indicted once in the process of trying to get the fog ring, or something like that. tongue

I guess you don't have to feel too bad about it though. If someone only sinned a few times, they lose a point each time they die to a Darkmoon invader. So they won't get punished by the Darkmoons over and over; only until their sin goes back down to 0 in the Book of the Guilty. So they won't have to suffer through it a lot.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:26 am

Which reminds me. My new build gets invaded by Darkmoons constantly, however I have not killed Gwyndolin, absolved my sins at Oswald's and the Book of the Guilty claims I have 0 Sin.

I don't mind. Free Souls and all, but I wonder why they bother me if I'm not in their diary.
    Can they invade someone who had a Sin, but got rid of it somehow as well? Or is it possible, that they can invade people whom they killed, but their Sin somehow glitched and is still present in some way, even though the Book claims otherwise?
    retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:04 am

Do you have other characters on your same profile that appear in the Book of the Guilty?

One thing that hasn't been thoroughly tested is whether or not you can be invaded for the sins another character of yours. A lot of people believe you can. You can have multiple entries in the book at once, but when you do the "R2" search, it only searches for your current character. So unless you know the exact ranking of another character of yours, you're not going to see it, but multiple characters of yours will be in there at once. It's possible the Darkmoon invasion may be targeting players based on their profile name, and your name may be in the book already.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:49 am

Hmmm...
    I do have a few Darkwraith toons and I'm sure they have been Indicted in the past. But this particular build was not Indictet yet. So, if I remove the Sin from the Darkwraith builds, my Darkmoon build won't have to kill it's own covenant-mates anymore?
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:10 pm

Wow, one of the most deserving +1's i've given.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 26, 2024 11:54 pm