Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

need help with my main character PLease read

darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

need help with my main character PLease read Empty need help with my main character PLease read

Post by darksoulslover Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:31 pm

First off i love this game to death. Best game ive played since ys 3 on turbo duo. With that said here is my stats on my char :

vit 17
    att 12
    endurance 18
    str 20
    dex 17
    res 12
    int 10
    faith 8
    humanity 2

My sl is 31.

my main wep is drake sword
    my main shield is grass crest shield

main armor is eastern

Ring blue tearstone and wolf

\Upgradeing items i have are :

1 - soul of the butterfly
    5 titanite shard
    2 large titan shard
    3 *** chunk
    3 twinkiling
    1demon titanite
    1 large ember
    1 divin ember

Note near the garden. That smith i killed him thinking that the crest would be a great item and worth to get.....but i cant go in there cause the mobs are too hard.

Question is what do i do? What direction do i put my char in. The depths in newest place for my char.

Things to do :

kill hydra near garden
    kill the white night near the hydra near the garden
    upgrade my pyro glove

Atm i like 1 handed fast dmg weps

Just wanna know what my option are for my char. cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

need help with my main character PLease read Empty Re: need help with my main character PLease read

Post by Maneater_Mildred Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:37 pm

You killed the smith to get the crest!!!!!?????? :shock: if this is true... sad he is the main way to upgrade weapons and armor.
    zRegulas9z
    zRegulas9z

need help with my main character PLease read Empty Re: need help with my main character PLease read

Post by zRegulas9z Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:38 pm

I would say get rid of the drake sword and start upgrading a good weapon but on the other hand youve killed the blacksmith so thats going to be quite tricky, if you havent invested much into this playthrough i would probably start fresh

If you want to carry on then your not going to be really weapon dependant so bump vitality to atleast 20 same with dex opens up wider range weapons, and either faith or int so you have some magic or miracles to use to back up weaker weapons

(edit) after that just steadily increase the attributes your focusing on up to your desire overal sl, try not to go over 40 in one attribute to get the best you can out of each

Last edited by zRegulas9z on Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:41 pm

The two lines are both Flame and Magic Now. The Magic being the Blacksmith in new Londo. The Flame Smithery in the catacombs.

Going to Youtube to get to the skeleton blacksmith for the catacombs would be wise. New Londo blacksmith is close by.

As for quick weapons, a curved greatsword, a greatsword, or a curved sword would be recommended to you, for fast hitting weapons for good damage. Katana as well, although i consider it a sub-species towards the curved Sword, as they are both generally the same (except in bleed, moveset, and texture). Good luck.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:42 pm

you killed andrei? that sucks for you. grass crest shield is not that good for pve, i recommend the balder shield or any shield with 100 damage block and good stability. if you have the occult club from anor londo, downgrade it to +5 devine so you can kill the skellies in the catacombs so they dont regenerate, after you kill the necromacers they wont but for the first time in the catacombs it helps alot to bring a devine weapon.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:44 pm

RantFromRant wrote:you killed andrei? that sucks for you. grass crest shield is not that good for pve, i recommend the balder shield or any shield with 100 damage block and good stability. if you have the occult club from anor londo, downgrade it to +5 devine so you can kill the skellies in the catacombs so they dont regenerate, after you kill the necromacers they wont but for the first time in the catacombs it helps alot to bring a devine weapon.

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t187-all-gravelord-warriors-who-want-a-quick-new-build

This is for the catacombs, in the absense of divine Weapons. If you ever wanted to travel to the Catacombs without divine, of course. it is not necessary, but helps at times. However, once you know how to remove the necromancers with ease, divine is unnecessary.

But a club is recommended for the departure, of any kind.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:48 pm

what the hell? i have no idea but i think i saw something abut you going to the catacombs, my bad. that info is helpful whn you make your way to the catacombs though.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:50 pm

Ya, it helps. I know the catacombs and the tombs by heart. Now, even though the guide recommends it, i don't get a bow or even the jagged ghost blade anymore. I jsut go with a mace or club, with 99 firebombs. I usually kill all the necromancers with the firebombs if they are at a distance, or I knock skeletons down with the club, into the pit. Catacombs is always the first place I go when I make a new character now. Mostly due for the Rite of Kindling and Silver Serpent Ring. Helps in the long Run, I say.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:55 pm

yeah, same here. its a challenge with an sl 4. the catacombs and tomb of the giants are my favorite locations in the game, everything else felt so uninspired or just a copy of places from demon's souls.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:56 pm

Ya. Plus, if you succeed, the rewards of everything in the run is great, too.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:57 pm

i love all the mistery the catacombs has and tog too, specially all the goodies in the catacombs.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:00 pm

Ya. wish i could kill the thief when i first seem him with a new character. I usually have to wait, till he become a merchant (the armor he sees I always use now).

Just remember to upgrade your weapon to +5 and get some bonewards in case from the Blacksmith (skeletal). Helps when fighting the Skeletal Giants mostly naked. Of course, i now only have to fight and kill three of them in total (and the Black Knight for the shield). the Latern from a necromancer also helps. Fire Weapons not so much, though.
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by darksoulslover Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:04 pm

i have put 25 hours in this char but ive already played thru it once so i know where everything is. Example i beat that boss the 2 once on the bridge at lvl 1 with a sourcer. On my main i was like 15 sad so a lil smarter. Nothing ive gotten i cant get again.

Is that blacksmith that important? I just saved up 20 k souls sad Finilly today the dragon appeard so i can shoot him LOL now i gotta start over.

I never patch my games

Hmm what to do

I have a low level sorcer. IF i started over id use him but i dunno what to put in for points and weps etc. I like pyro. Just dont wanna start over.

There is no other options to upgrade your armor and wep exept that blacksmith?
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:06 pm

You did not read my post? The other blacksmith of New Londo, if youa re a sorcerer of intelligence, can help make you a magic weapon without the need of the one you killed. can also get Fire Weapons from the blacksmith in the Catacombs.
    zRegulas9z
    zRegulas9z

Post by zRegulas9z Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:12 pm

darksoulslover wrote:i have put 25 hours in this char but ive already played thru it once so i know where everything is. Example i beat that boss the 2 once on the bridge at lvl 1 with a sourcer. On my main i was like 15 sad so a lil smarter. Nothing ive gotten i cant get again.

Is that blacksmith that important? I just saved up 20 k souls sad Finilly today the dragon appeard so i can shoot him LOL now i gotta start over.

I never patch my games

Hmm what to do

I have a low level sorcer. IF i started over id use him but i dunno what to put in for points and weps etc. I like pyro. Just dont wanna start over.

There is no other options to upgrade your armor and wep exept that blacksmith?

im afraid so if you want to go above plus 5 normal weapons so rules out 10 and 15 normal same with boss weapons as you need a plus 10 to upgrade with soul but all other paths are open with other blacksmiths like fire, lighting so on. so i wouldnt invest more in strength or dexterity than the requirements need to weild the weapon.

if you were to start again its pretty easy to speed run up to where you ae in about hour or so, but starting again depends entirely on what build you want really?
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by darksoulslover Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:29 pm

Acidic_Cook wrote:You did not read my post? The other blacksmith of New Londo, if youa re a sorcerer of intelligence, can help make you a magic weapon without the need of the one you killed. can also get Fire Weapons from the blacksmith in the Catacombs.

no not yet sorry. I was having trouble posting my last response. So i dont have to start over ? Or do i ? I dunno what catacombs is.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:31 pm

Do you remember the skeletons of Firelink? They are between the shrine and catacombs.

No, you don't have to restart. You just have to improvise. To see the different magic and fire weapon builds, find 'upgrade' in the wiki to se the benefits it gives.
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by darksoulslover Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:37 pm

Acidic_Cook wrote:Do you remember the skeletons of Firelink? They are between the shrine and catacombs.

No, you don't have to restart. You just have to improvise. To see the different magic and fire weapon builds, find 'upgrade' in the wiki to se the benefits it gives.

ya i remember them. They dont give any souls.... Then ran into a HUGE one and about pooped my pants for the 200th time so far playing this game.

can i upgrade my weapons like the others talked about? i wana use the cool weps

Last edited by darksoulslover on Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:50 pm

You can not make divine/occult weapons, as well as make harder physical versions from your +5, like +10 or +15 normal. However you can get a + 10 magic or fire, or get + 5 chaos or enchanted. The +5 being the less based damage, and more scaling.

You can not buff weapons by using resin or such, but your weapons will do more than physical alone, which you can use other things in your slots other than buffers, till NG+. then, when NG+ starts, your character can get weapons from the blacksmith you killed in NG.
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by darksoulslover Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:58 pm

im not saying ur wrong but my guess is i should start over to get a full understanding ofd my char. may be starting over i can have abetter idea of making my cahr and what to put pointsinto know. Since i have a better understanding of the game in a sence.

What do you think.

What i want is 1 handed fast wep

i know nothing about faith but i like pyro spells mixed with weps dmg
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:04 pm

It is your choice, I am just trying to help. if you start over, you have more choice in the matter of upgrades. And yes, better understanding does help a lot in dark souls.

Whatever path you choose, just remember to play smart. If you use intelligence and weapons of dexterity, use sorcery and magic weapons like rapiers. If of faith and strength, use heavy weapons with miracle magic. Put your points in right, and play safe.

By the way, you should patch your game. You get experience from the skeletons if you do.
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by darksoulslover Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:03 pm

what do you reccommend if i start over

pick pyro

do moslty wep and pyro spells what would i put my points into?
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:39 pm

Pyromancer is good. Cleric and wanderer are also good. Pyromancy for high-resistance to environment clothing and lowest level for better selection. Cleric for miracle and one of the most decent weapons to start with, in my opinion. The wanderer for similar stats as Pyromancer, but more to dexterity than strength.

Whatever usage of weaponry you favor, one of the three should work. For sorcery, just pick wanderer or Pyromancer. You can get a catalyst and sorcery spell from the New Londo blacksmith at the very start.
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by darksoulslover Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:45 pm

can wanderer do pyro? id like a char that can do it all, sorc,miricles and pyro.

rather do a fast moving cahr pyro seems slow swinging compared to other char.
    darksoulslover
    darksoulslover
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by darksoulslover Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:50 pm

what are main stats to put point into for this type of char

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 28, 2024 6:45 am