Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Serious_Much
RandomAttractor
Marionx
buzzgud
Aevun
Forum Pirate
EarthScraper
11 posters

Any news about next gen console releases?

EarthScraper
    EarthScraper
    Addicted
    Addicted

Any news about next gen console releases? Empty Any news about next gen console releases?

Post by EarthScraper Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:01 pm

I've been searching the interwebs and can't find anything about next gen console releases. Can someone shed some light on the matter? times or news would be most helpful
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Any news about next gen console releases? Empty Re: Any news about next gen console releases?

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:06 pm

As far as I know, its not being released for a next gen console. Current gen only, so they could focus on maximising their resources in developing for the current systems
    EarthScraper
    EarthScraper
    Addicted
    Addicted

Any news about next gen console releases? Empty Re: Any news about next gen console releases?

Post by EarthScraper Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:37 pm

goddamn it... okay thanks for the info. hope they release it on a later date or something
    Aevun
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Aevun Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:00 am

EarthScraper wrote:goddamn it... okay thanks for the info. hope they release it on a later date or something

They MIGHT port it on a later date, but I personally don't understand why anyone would care if it does or doesn't. Of course I understand if you want to sell your ps3/360 in order to get money for their next-gen counterparts or if you only have little space for the console. 

In my case, I'm going to hold off on upgrading to the ps4 since I'll likely be playing DkS2 for hundreds, maybe thousands of hours anyway. But hey, it's just my opinion.
    buzzgud
    buzzgud

Post by buzzgud Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:01 pm

Honestly, I don't really feel the need right now to purchase the PS4 right away. I don't have the money, and seeing how Dark Souls 2 will be coming strictly on the PS3/Xbox 360 it makes sense, they can make more money that way.

Why make your WHOLE fan base have to go out and purchase a 400 dollar gaming system just to buy their measly 60 dollar game, not measly in terms of awesomeness and addictiveness, just in terms of money and costliness, think about what From Software is doing here. They don't have to spend the extra money to build a new engine/port it to a new engine. They don't have to market it to the new gaming systems, the old ones, aka the gens we are on now, are still going to be making games for the next five years, in case the PS4 and Xbox One tank, and we all get to know we can purchase our beloved franchise. I see no problem with it. If they come out with another game after Dark Souls 2, then by all means, port it to the next gen, but for now, keep the plans on this console. I love From Software, they actually still care about their customers. Not like these big gaming companies that only give a **** about the next gen consoles and how much money they can make by Christmas. 

Think ESO, they were just going to be STRICTLY computer, now they're porting to PS4/Xbox One, greedy asses. MMO's were never meant for Consoles!!

Plus why need a PS4 when I have a gaming laptop for BF4. silly
    Marionx
    Marionx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : Locked away in the Undead Asylum or wandering Lordran.

Post by Marionx Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:35 pm

I also don't understand why people would want it to be on next gen consoles. Is it so that people can play with 60fps with 1080p resolution on the consoles or what?

I don't have an issue with Dark Souls 2 being on current gen systems, as long as it is not buggy or laggy. From Software can always port the game on PS4/XB1 later.
    RandomAttractor
    RandomAttractor

Post by RandomAttractor Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:58 pm

The thing is, it is already being developed for the PC so I don't get why the next gen consoles are ruled out. Not that I mind getting it for my 360, but the PC version will be the better one.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:12 am

I think it will be the same marketing stunt as prepare to die edition- they'll claim it's not for next gen till a couple months after initial release, then release it for next gen to maximise profit
    Marionx
    Marionx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : Locked away in the Undead Asylum or wandering Lordran.

Post by Marionx Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:42 am

I agree. I wouldn't be surprised if From did that. Originally Dark Souls wasn't planned to be on PC and it got released in August last year.
    phastings
    phastings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by phastings Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:17 am

My only concern is multiplayer related: splitting the player-base 2-fold as a result of releasing on next gen. Everyone who buys a next gen console will then want to buy the port, which will narrow the multiplayer opportunities for both current and next since i doubt they will be cross-play. It is already divided amongst PS3/xbox/PC. It would then be divided between PS3/PS4/xbox/XBone/PC, next gen consoles having the smallest pool of online players. 
    -  tho dedicated servers plus the vastly larger fan-base than DeS (which still had good pvp for a few years) shouldnt result in too noticable a difference, but is something to consider.
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:58 am

phastings wrote:My only concern is multiplayer related: splitting the player-base 2-fold as a result of releasing on next gen. Everyone who buys a next gen console will then want to buy the port, which will narrow the multiplayer opportunities for both current and next since i doubt they will be cross-play. It is already divided amongst PS3/xbox/PC. It would then be divided between PS3/PS4/xbox/XBone/PC, next gen consoles having the smallest pool of online players. 
    -  tho dedicated servers plus the vastly larger fan-base than DeS (which still had good pvp for a few years) shouldnt result in too noticable a difference, but is something to consider.

That would be my main concern as well.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:01 am

I personally expect PS3 and PS4 onluine to be linked- they're both through PSN, so why not?
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:20 am

Serious_Much wrote:I personally expect PS3 and PS4 onluine to be linked- they're both through PSN, so why not?

PSN is just a name. The odds that they didn't change anything in the PS4's netcoding are basically zero.
    RandomAttractor
    RandomAttractor

Post by RandomAttractor Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:31 am

phastings wrote:My only concern is multiplayer related: splitting the player-base 2-fold as a result of releasing on next gen. Everyone who buys a next gen console will then want to buy the port, which will narrow the multiplayer opportunities for both current and next since i doubt they will be cross-play. It is already divided amongst PS3/xbox/PC. It would then be divided between PS3/PS4/xbox/XBone/PC, next gen consoles having the smallest pool of online players. 

It is a legitimate concern. My belief is that because of the fact that it is still a 4 player max experience as well as the reasons you already stated above, it will barely be noticeable.
    phastings
    phastings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by phastings Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:29 pm

I know that a next-gen port would at least be very simple for them, since the hardware in the ps4/xbone is essentially PC, which is the system they are developing DsK2 on -then porting to ps3/xbone. 

Given that they are very good at listening to fans; if there is a demand for it, they will most likely deliver.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:08 pm

I think PS3 is powerful enough to handle DkS2 graphics, look at Sony and Naughty Dog games.
    I don't know about Xbox 360 though

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:44 am