Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+66
Demon Slayer
TomBombadil515*
The Letter X
Zeta Prime
VaDoom
reim0027
Uparkaam
GkMrBane
OminousSquaffle
Bassman Bob
tigab95
mddwg
Soul of Stray Demon
lonewolf
Mr. Tart
PlasticandRage
MikailArksot
SolaireOfAstora
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Encore
Marino.
WaffleGuy
Reaperfan
Hatsune Miku
bunnywink
Serious_Much
Hue
Animaaal
AnCapaillMor
KrazykevS10
nsane32
Lord of Ash
Elite Knight
Onion Knight
TheMeInTeam
Hart
TehInfamousAmos
drdrack
Jester's Tears
Leet
Forum Pirate
twilightwarwolf
Peaceful Wollyhop
Emergence
Rifter7
Soris Ice Goldwing
Bontee
Shakie666
Ostrava34
Doctor Snuggles
Spurgun
Aigaios
Sentiel
Tolvo
Wilkinson3424
Carphil
XachAttack
LunarFog
Latitoast
wretchedsausage
ResIsBestStat
Dibsville
Forcefed
skarekrow13
GrinTwist
SirArchmage
70 posters

Confessions

WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Confessions - Page 28 Empty Re: Confessions

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:39 pm

Hatsune Miku wrote:On-Topic:
    I got a my haircut military style for my granddaddy's 80th birth day, since he served our country.
    That's the only haircut I ever get but that's just because I never know what to tell hairdressers...
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:45 pm

I haven't gone to any hair stylist for a haircut in around six years.

I cut my own hair big grin. Really skillfully, too. It takes so much skill to put a 1/4" length on the electric clippers and run it over my head. Well, one does have to make sure they don't miss anywhere though, and the neck line is always interesting, but still.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:11 pm

Hatsune Miku wrote:And really, this topic we both are having should've started in a PM. My apologize to the forum team.
    I made the State if the World thread for this kind if stuff. No reason you couldn't continue it there.

OT: I confess I actually really liked Skyward Sword. I rank it as my 4th best game in the franchise.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:19 pm

It wasn't meant to turn into a debate, I was giving my personal reasons for disliking it as a kid, which actually isn't something I've told a lot of people.  Usually voicing such opinions is dangerous after all, at least on the minor social faux pas level; one is much more likely to "win" enemies than friends by voicing such things.

I plot and weigh consequences more than I once would have cared to, and I'm at the point where I do so instantly and automatically.  In some regards I like what I have become and in others I don't, but this one is an area I'm not so sure.  When you weigh everything in your life from a cost/benefit of consequences perspective, it takes a toll.  That said, I'm not sure I would go back if I could.  It's a strange philosophical thing I find myself exploring from time to time.

Indeed, over the past 5-7 years I've found myself having much less strong emotional reactions to everything.  I don't believe I'm outside normal ranges, but who knows?  Even while typing this and thinking about it, I found myself weighing the advantages/disadvantages of having less strong emotional reactions.  I don't have an answer for myself yet, but at least I do pretty well on a day-to-day basis so it could be worse big grin.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:26 pm

I confess that I am not planning on cutting my hair until it grows past my shoulders.
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:52 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:
    I got a my haircut military style for my granddaddy's 80th birth day, since he served our country.
    That's the only haircut I ever get but that's just because I never know what to tell hairdressers...
    Really??

Well here's another confession; I like this hairstyle on me.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:53 pm

Hatsune Miku wrote:
    Really??

I'd have an Afro if i let my hair grow .
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:56 pm

Marino. wrote:
    Hatsune Miku wrote:
    Really??

Then I would call you Mafrino.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:05 pm

Hatsune Miku wrote:
    Marino. wrote:
    Hatsune Miku wrote:
    Really??

Then I would call you Mafrino.
    I like Marifro better.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:22 pm

Oh, you guys silly .

I confess that i love the Golden Sun series and that i recently started to play the newest part of it, Golden Sun Dark Dawn .
    And so far the Story and Gameplay are miles behind the original games...

The point is that i consider writing something about it but i'm not that confident in my writing...i dunno just sharing these thoughts i guess lol
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:54 pm

Marino. wrote:Oh, you guys silly .

I confess that i love the Golden Sun series and that i recently started to play the newest part of it, Golden Sun Dark Dawn .
    And so far the Story and Gameplay are miles behind the original games...

The point is that i consider writing something about it but i'm not that confident in my writing...i dunno just sharing these thoughts i guess lol
    Dark Dawn was kinda disappointing, though they do take an unexpected twist with one of the Jupiter Adepts you get down the line that was really interesting (at least from a gameplay standpoint). Other than that it's just...poorly paced in general and it never really ramps up the difficulty, even in places you'd expect it to. Lost Age is easily the best in the series.

I confess I wish I had more people to play Street Fighter with.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:48 am

I'm balding (and strangely, have been doing so gradually since high school), so an Afro is completely impossible without wigging it.

Then again, for me an afro was probably always completely impossible.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:02 am

Another confession. I have an addictive personality. It is easy for me to become heavily involved with things and become addicted. I work hard to not let this happen (re: alcohol). But, sometimes I fail.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:51 pm

Hatsune Miku wrote:
    TheMeInTeam wrote:These are all examples of evil acts of people, but they *are* using religion as a tool.  They are wielding blind faith as a means to get people to commit acts they'd otherwise not do.  Note that this doesn't make a religion bad unto itself, but rather shows the pitfall of equating/mistaking the will and guidance of another person or group with the divine guidance of a religion's teachings.
    Now I'm less offend. But just the same, still offended.

Although I do realize some people do evil acts in the name of a religion. Those people the do evil acts are not in their right mind and are corrupt.
    But that's not the purpose of a religion. It does differ with each religion. But the action taken and the usual out come is for the most part good.

I won't go any further than that, cause this is not a debate thread. And really, this topic we both are having should've started in a PM. My apologize to the forum team.

On-Topic:

I would agree with you on this Hatsune. Lots of the evil religious people, would probably be evil even if they aren't religious. It's just that with the way religion is, it's a very easy thing to have as motivation for said evil things, (even if it's not your true motivation for it at all.)

Well, the bible does have some very horrible things in it, (like saying you should kill your children if they don't obey you, or that slaves should be happy they are slaves,) there are also plenty of nice things in it as well. (Love thy neighbor, turn the other cheek.)

My thoughts on it, Feel free to ignore or respond as you feel.

More On-Topic.

Much more recently, I've been feeling like skipping class. I already have problems doing my homework, (not that it's hard, I just don't see the point of doing something I know.) I haven't yet done it, but it's hard to avoid the temptation.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:20 pm

If you have enough motivation (or talent) to keep up with material in class that doesn't require attendance for grades, there is little justification to avoid skipping if you can use the time for something else you prefer.

Now, I will make a few arguments for going to class, and if these aren't true in your case, strongly consider skipping it and learning on your own:

Spoiler:

I dislike school, though at 30 it isn't a problem for me anymore.  I truly believe school in this country (and most modern countries) has turned into government-funded day care.  People are treated as equal when they're not at the same levels, and progressed in a linear fashion based on age when the reality is that people learn at different paces and even within the context of one person might have times in their life where they learn more or less rapidly.  School was extremely boring to me, and I'm sure frustrating and depressing to others.  That's not a good environment to build in, and teachers are not trained in a way that they could possibly be expected to manage variable teaching rates; in fact they're encouraged against it systemically.  As a result I greatly despise that system.

College is nearly as bad; take student's money and then let them get through classes where the papers they turn in use worse grammar and include less complete sentences than forum posts.  I confess I have gotten in trouble over pointing out my displeasure with this in the past, including with close friends/roommates.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:09 am

I recently left the brony communities I was a part of, as well as terminating my skype account to do such.

I lost 340 friends and left a lot of my life behind me, and I feel both free and like i wish to cry, but I feel good for having done it. I no longer play dark souls much either after that, but I still plan to.

I'm currently re-creating my online existence around a character I'm making that's based on the triumphs of art and original content, and all the wonderful and bad things that come with it.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:35 am

Rynn wrote:I recently left the brony communities I was a part of, as well as terminating my skype account to do such.

I lost 340 friends and left a lot of my life behind me, and I feel both free and like i wish to cry, but I feel good for having done it. I no longer play dark souls much either after that, but I still plan to.

I'm currently re-creating my online existence around a character I'm making that's based on the triumphs of art and original content, and all the wonderful and bad things that come with it.
    That's a really tough step. But making a choice for the betterment of your future and leaving that number of people is a strong one.

I guess you decided enough was enough

Sad as it makes me to say, I confess there will come a time when ill have to leave this place, but hopefully not for a good while yet silly
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:21 am

Rynn wrote:

Those Freinds were just online, right ?

Also, am i the only one that uses multiple online personas ?
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:56 am

Marino. wrote:
    Rynn wrote:

Those Freinds were just online, right ?

Also, am i the only one that uses multiple online personas ?
    I don't doubt you do, but I don't because they will eventually intermingle when my interests cross paths. So I do one united personality.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:06 am

I used to use multiple personas, but one won at when I started my channel and I've had it every since. Now it's been my identity for the internet so long I couldn't picture dropping it unless I had to.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:09 am

Similarly, I found it easy to do, and due to my MPD it now just makes things easier for my friends to keep track of what is my actions, and what is totally non-related. I'm likely to now have a second "professional" internet persona in Curious soon though.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:51 pm

Is that a figurative MPD, or have you've been diagnosed with it?

And, I hope it turns out well for you, getting a massive break like this.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:00 am

reim0027 wrote:Is that a figurative MPD, or have you've been diagnosed with it?

And, I hope it turns out well for you, getting a massive break like this.
    Literal speaking. It's not worth getting into.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:39 am

I've just started playing Fallout 3 again because there are absolutely no games out there at the moment that interest me and I want a game that will keep me occupied till Dark Souls 2 is released.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:14 am

I shot the sheriff.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:07 pm