Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
Leet
Forum Pirate
FinPeku
befowler
VaDoom
ublug
Emergence
Animaaal
LunarFog
13 posters

Toggle escaping(please explain)

Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Toggle escaping(please explain) - Page 2 Empty Re: Toggle escaping(please explain)

Post by Animaaal Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:15 pm

I think the confusion is coming from not considering what a stunlock is.  (Which I'm sure you  know), but consider this statement, and then consider the explanations.

A stunlock is defined as: 2 or more attacks in which you are unable to escape via normal means. ie rolling, back stepping, side stepping, etc.

So in order to be considered to be in a stunlock, you must be in this situation which means you MUST be hit/staggered to be in the initial stage of a stunlock.

1 hit from a Great Weapon (or any weapon) without the necessary poise requirements to nullify the stagger is NOT considered a stunlock.  You are merely staggered and in danger of becoming stunlocked.

When you toggle, you cancel your stagger animation which allows you to either roll away, parry, or block if you chose.  This is why the statements of "after you get hit, or as you get hit" have been made, because without getting hit in the first place, you are not in danger of being stunlocked.
    VaDoom
    VaDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Toggle escaping(please explain) - Page 2 Empty Re: Toggle escaping(please explain)

Post by VaDoom Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:09 am

I you have some difficulties to get the right timing, spamming left or right will do the job (I think I 've had 100% succes like this).
    Then, just narrow the spamming window and you'll eventualy get the right timming.
    I've done some nasty things like run+right+right+right+right+......+escape+BS hornet DST (double DST in the right slots). I didn't know you could actually escape with left at the time.
    BS fishing like a loosy boss.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:49 am

Is this how folks escape the BS animation as well?  I've had some fights where I'll land a BS and even deal damage, but halfway through the victim pops off the weapon and either runs away and heals, or lines up some nasty counter on me as I stand there kicking air like an idiot.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:41 pm

befowler wrote:Is this how folks escape the BS animation as well?  I've had some fights where I'll land a BS and even deal damage, but halfway through the victim pops off the weapon and either runs away and heals, or lines up some nasty counter on me as I stand there kicking air like an idiot.
    No, you can't toggle out of backstab. I'm not sure what are the circumstances to escape a backstab like that, but it usually happens when both players are fishing for backstab and the other one is just a split second slower. Like I said, i'm not really sure how it works. But a cool little detail is that you can cancel the bs damage by rolling just like you cancel bleed if you ever happen to do the backstab escape. Has happened to me in the forest a few times.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:24 pm

I've also seen both players get backstabbed and do the falldown animation (though that one is rare in dks, at least in my experience)
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:29 pm

I was watching random invasions on youtube yesterday, and i saw a couple videos where player A goes to backstab player B and player B lays on their back and gets stabbed in the stomach like how you would if you were in the coffin the the catacombs to join the Gravelord Cov.

I was speechless.
    VaDoom
    VaDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by VaDoom Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:31 pm

TooLeet wrote:I was watching random invasions on youtube yesterday, and i saw a couple videos where player A goes to backstab player B and player B lays on their back and gets stabbed in the stomach like how you would if you were in the coffin the the catacombs to join the Gravelord Cov.

I was speechless.

Sounds like a hornet riposte to me.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:59 pm

befowler wrote:Is this how folks escape the BS animation as well?  I've had some fights where I'll land a BS and even deal damage, but halfway through the victim pops off the weapon and either runs away and heals, or lines up some nasty counter on me as I stand there kicking air like an idiot.
    This is not swap escaping. You have to strafe left or right and then press R1 just as you get backstabbed. I am not sure of the exact timing, and I have never done it myself (except by accident a few times), but that is how it has been explained to me.

Forum Pirate wrote:I've also seen both players get backstabbed and do the falldown animation (though that one is rare in dks, at least in my experience)
    Do you mean while you are one of the players backstabbing/getting backstabbed? This is actually really common, it's just that if you are one of the players involved, it'll show the other player as still standing, then turning around and slow-walking away from you. On his screen, though, he got knocked down and you turned around and slow-walked away. I'm not sure how this looks to observers, though, I don't watch other people PvP often. But I imagine it'd look like the double BS in Demon's Souls did.

TooLeet wrote:I was watching random invasions on youtube yesterday, and i saw a couple videos where player A goes to backstab player B and player B lays on their back and gets stabbed in the stomach like how you would if you were in the coffin the the catacombs to join the Gravelord Cov.

I was speechless.
    This is an animation glitch that happens sometimes. IIRC it happens in Blighttown Swamp under certain conditions, but I can't remember what those conditions are.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:36 pm

IIRC the conditions for the coffin stab are backstabbing someone in an area that is usually a "safe zone".  Ones that come to mind are near Quelana in Blighttown and just outside Demon Firesage in Demon Ruins.  There are probably others.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:44 pm

VaDoom wrote:

I was speechless.

Sounds like a hornet riposte to me.

No. Not at all. It was like the player getting backstabbed was laying in the coffin, minus the coffin. Arms crossed and everything like you would in the coffin. It was just a crazy glitch.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:44 pm

Saturday-Saint wrote:This is an animation glitch that happens sometimes.  IIRC it happens in Blighttown Swamp under certain conditions, but I can't remember what those conditions are.

Yeah the video was in blighttown. I had never seen it before.
    jimmyc0341
    jimmyc0341
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by jimmyc0341 Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:56 pm

I tried toggle escaping again yesterday and it didn't work for me, I died instead lol. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Is it just a random occurrence or is it supposed to work every time? Maybe the iming really is important
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:06 pm

jimmyc0341 wrote:I tried toggle escaping again yesterday and it didn't work for me, I died instead lol. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Is it just a random occurrence or is it supposed to work every time? Maybe the iming really is important
    Works every time. Practice it in PvE against silver knights or something. It's not exactly the same but you'll understand the principle.
    jimmyc0341
    jimmyc0341
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by jimmyc0341 Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:09 pm

FinPeku wrote:
    jimmyc0341 wrote:I tried toggle escaping again yesterday and it didn't work for me, I died instead lol. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Is it just a random occurrence or is it supposed to work every time? Maybe the iming really is important
    Works every time. Practice it in PvE against silver knights or something. It's not exactly the same but you'll understand the principle.

I didn't even think to try it out in PvE!! Thanks Fin!!
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:55 am

It should work every time. Silver Knights or if you don't have as much health/defense as you'd like Parish Hallows/Balder knights are GREAT for practice, but I wouldn't go over board, as like parrying the timing in PvP is a little different (at least it feels different to me)

I've also seen people in videos toggle escape the stun that happens when you fall to far. I usually rolled out of it and despite attempting I cannot for the life of me toggle fall stun.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:21 am

I could never get swap escaping to work in PvE, I assumed like dead angle it only worked in PvP.
    jimmyc0341
    jimmyc0341
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by jimmyc0341 Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:42 pm

Yeah I've got the hang of it now. Works like a charm thanks guys!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 12:36 am