Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

The ability to laugh at oneself!

joemann
    Casual
    Casual

The ability to laugh at oneself! Empty The ability to laugh at oneself!

Post by joemann Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:23 am

So yesterday I began a new character and I'm just going through everything fairly quickly. I get to the Gaping Dragon, Solaire goes down rather fast, and then I get grabbed by the claw (first time ever getting grabbed by this boss) and proceed to get eaten alive. I resurrect and head back to the GP and die again. 2 deaths in a row by an easy boss (sigh). 3rd attempt I own his butt.
     Afterward, I decide to head over to the forest and visit the Moonlight Butterfly. I summon the witch and she kills the boss for me. I head to the dead blacksmith to collect the divine ember and other goodies, only to die via falling off the stairs.
      I resurrect, head back to collect my souls, only to fall off the stairs AGAIN in the same spot. Resurrect (again), head back, retrieve souls, and not fall off again.

All this happened in about 45 min to an hour. 4 stupid deaths in a short time. At this point I was just laughing at myself for how dumb I was being.
    Just felt I had to share; thanks for reading!
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

The ability to laugh at oneself! Empty Re: The ability to laugh at oneself!

Post by Serious_Much Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:25 am

Its important to be able to laugh at yourself in this game. A lot of deaths are dumb, and some can be pretty funny. It's better than getting aggravated and all raged up right? silly

I've had plenty of stupid deaths too, you just have those days sometimes haha
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:28 am

After a while, those stupid deaths tend to get frustrating, imo the worst is dying on the way to a boss you have tried killing for days.
    Once i was stuck, at SL1, at the bottom of blighttown, because i didn't know the way by the time, and was going in circles and ketting killed by the fire dogs, for about three days; and once i got to the top, i found he door locked because in fact i came in from the valley of drakes.
    I...wasn't laughing

Last edited by Hue on Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:30 am

Hue wrote:After a while, those stupid deaths tend to get frustrating, imo the worst is dying on the way to a boss you have tried killing for days.
    Once i was stuck, at SL1, at the bottomm of blighttown, because i didn't know the way back then and was going in circles and ketting killed by the fire dogs, for about three days; and once i got to the top, i found he door locked because in fact i came in from the valley of drakes.
    I...wasn't laughing

I however, am at that story, thats ridiculously hard lol!
    Exclusive
    Exclusive
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Exclusive Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:22 pm

Yesterday and earlier today I was farming in New Londo for Titaite Slabs, I died so many times by falling off the bridge because I was too busy reading the chat on the 'Home' page and not paying attention to the game. I also died a lot to the Darkwraiths because I got to impatient and decided to fight them head on, not a good idea being only Level 5 with base Vitality. happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 2:20 am