Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
Marino.
Tolvo
PlasticandRage
drdrack
Forum Pirate
Serious_Much
hey its andres
TheColdestHeart
KingSeekerCow
Reaperfan
GenericUsername
Elite Knight
Sentiel
TheMeInTeam
Peaceful Wollyhop
aceluby
KrazykevS10
nsane32
Onion Knight
AnCapaillMor
Carphil
shadowzninjaz
Dibsville
GrinTwist
densetsushun
29 posters

The worst video game of this generation.

PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

The worst video game of this generation. - Page 4 Empty Re: The worst video game of this generation.

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:05 pm

Is that an official patch?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

The worst video game of this generation. - Page 4 Empty Re: The worst video game of this generation.

Post by Tolvo Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:15 pm

Yes, I have it installed.  You can make a skill legendary.  Reach 100 Destruction, then go back to 15 destruction but get perk refunds, and you can level it again.  As such, you can be level fifty with 15 in destruction, and the base values in your other skills, if you just kept levelling destruction and resetting it.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:37 pm

That's kind of interesting. Can you just level infinitely without resetting anything and still get perks? That'd kinda defeat the purpose of making a build. Eventually all characters would be exactly the same.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:40 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:That's kind of interesting. Can you just level infinitely without resetting anything and still get perks? That'd kinda defeat the purpose of making a build. Eventually all characters would be exactly the same.

Soul Level 712 anyone ?
    Well What is it 
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:17 pm

Yep, except its level 252 to get all the perks, and nothing keeps you from going on to level up your attributes.

So yes, it does defeat the purpose of builds, and in the end you're so good at combat and crafting skills that even your equipment doesn't matter anymore, as long as it's enchanted with some 25% resistance effects and you're a breton.
    Derpwraith
    Derpwraith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Derpwraith Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:30 pm

Onion Knight wrote:

In celebration/memory of the end of this current generation I thought of a fun little game ... find a game WORSE than this.

Seriously if you can top this pile of *cough* rubbish ... I shall tip my hat to you good sir/madam.

EDIT:So far the candidates to compete with Ride To Hell for worst video game of the seventh generation as chosen by the forum are:

-The War Z.
    -Mindjack.
    -Sonic Free Riders.
    -Final Fantasy XIV.
    -Duke Nukem Forever.
    -Aliens Colonial Marines.
    -Two Worlds.
    -Rogue Warrior.
    -Hour of Victory.
    -Dead Island.
    -Sonic 06.
    -Vampire Rain.
    -Steel Battalion:Heavy Armour.
    -Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows-Part 2.
    -Escape from Bug Island.

Feel free to vote on or add more titles to this list.

These games have been nominated not due to objectively bad points such as gameplay/story/level design/difficulty/genre. But on the *merit* of possessing one or more of several key points (as of launch condition with no post patches):
    -Broken (a.k.a not working as intended or advertised) 
    -Bad business practice.
    -Lack content.
    -Overcharging for content available.
    -Lack of playability. (A.K.A the game is barley functioning without crashing or game braking bugs rendering the game unplayable.)
    This is a tad bit off-topic but, that's the same music in Asura's Wrath where you fight Augus. :|
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:47 pm

drdrack wrote:To me, stats in games are suppose to matter for it to be considered a rpg. In oblivion, most of my playthoughs I remeber never truly worries about which stat to take. (expect strength, because i like to carry more crap)

In oblivion, you can basically (with little effort no less, as long as you use the rubber band/stone trick) make yourself the master of everything in a relativity short period of time. While in morrowind and skyrim, it takes far more effort along with the diffculty to be even the jack of all trade and is nearly impossible to truly get everything into a single character. In Skyrim, there's perks. Which makes huge difference. While in morrowind there is misc skills, which does not level though action itself. Not to mention how easy it is to level minor skill in oblivion and you're probably encouraged to do so. (what with having all the skills you don't want to be a major just to prevent leveling)

Stats are a good system in any rpg, I'm not going to disagree. But oblivion did such a terrible job of handling it. imo, the system is ignorable at best, and just a simple number burden at worse. (because the simple fact that most people are obsessed with having their numbers as high as possible. And efficient leveling is the only way) Oblivion management of stat is so bad, that merely removing stats and replaced it by perks via Skyrim made the game feels a lot better. 

However though, I am going to agree that to call this game the worse game of this generation is a bit ridiculous. It is definitely one of the worse games i played. For there are alot more broken games tech wise, not even game wise that are much worse then oblivion. However, since i did not play those games, because i read reviews. It didn't matter to me all that much. Oblivion however, has excellent review for strange reasons. (probably due to the fact that it was one of the few high profile games that was release on the xbox/?ps3? at that time)

Serious_Much wrote:I wonder if Bethesda even thinks they're any good at making games.. Seriously, everything is subpar and they make it up by just using the motto "Bigger is better"

If this was 7 or 8 years ago, I will disagree with this.

Now, I cannot help to agree even just a little...

You have only shown that the stats & levelling system are different, not how they are broken.  It doesn't make the game unplayable at all and you ignore the benefits Oblivion brought over Morrowind completely.  I hated Morrowind and could deal w/ the stats because I could track my quests and wasn't forced to look at hours upon hours of scenery.  Plus it's an offline RPG, there were ways to alter the game to fit your tastes, especially if it was on PC.  Oblivion as the worst game of this generation is simply laughable.
    drdrack
    Regular
    Regular

Post by drdrack Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:32 pm

aceluby wrote:
     You have only shown that the stats & levelling system are different, not how they are broken.  It doesn't make the game unplayable at all and you ignore the benefits Oblivion brought over Morrowind completely.  I hated Morrowind and could deal w/ the stats because I could track my quests and wasn't forced to look at hours upon hours of scenery.  Plus it's an offline RPG, there were ways to alter the game to fit your tastes, especially if it was on PC.  Oblivion as the worst game of this generation is simply laughable.

I am speaking vanilla wise, since a modified oblivion is for me is basically morrowind. (with a awesome trading system though cool )

As for the stats, i would like to point out that even the developer themselves even recogized the mistake. Therefore, Skyrim was made (i'll give you the link to the interview, if i remeber it still)

As for begin forced to look upon hours and hours of scenery. Exploration in Morrowind is amazing, indeed. But the game does move at a pace of a snail.

Stats aren't the only part of the problem, too. The best way to explain it i suppose is to use this saying i found somewhere online. A saying along the lines of

"Well, Oblivion does reward exploration. With the same copy paste of the welsh countryside on a sunny day x 1000, but still.

Also, the levelled loot does a good job in rewarding the player for his level with adequate awesomeness." (a troll symbol was added after, probably indicating something else that is wrong with oblivion)

"Oblivion is like a slot machine - a peculiar one that always disgorges the exact sum you've put in."

I agree with the fact that most of this is indeed my opinion, and i was kinda trolling. However... Make no mistake, I do hate oblivion (and it's one of the most played games I have cheers  )
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:34 pm

wait, so I can spamm muffle to level 100 illusion over and over untill I've the perks to max everything?

that sounds.....................................fun Look Skyward
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:41 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:wait, so I can spamm muffle to level 100 illusion over and over untill I've the perks to max everything?

that sounds.....................................fun Look Skyward
    In Skyrim, I used the conjured swords and repeatedly hit Shadowmere over and over again for half an hour. The cast costs nearly nothing to use, and at the end I was nearly max level in both Conjuration and One-handing due to Shadowmere's ridiculous health pool and health regen. Ridiculously easy to do stuff like that in the game. Did the same with two-handed, destruction, illusion.........Shadowmere+low leveled spells equal massively over-leveled very fast
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:59 pm

oh I know the old shadowmare trick, but thats just for combat skills (and illusion) untill they hit 100, not to get the perks to max everyhting in game and have 1000000000000000000 hp. just by leveling illusion.

for the record, I almost never level anything other than hp. Mana maxes out at like 250 on my mages.

With enchanting, I can (quickly if I'm dedicated about it) make up to 2 spell types free to use. For any mage, this is more than enough to wreck the entire game, either by shrugging off all damage, avoiding all damage, or just stagger locking everything in game.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:15 pm

Actually by enchanting outfits to give you 100% reduction to illusion cost, harmony will take roughly 8-11 casts to make you go from 15-100, then restart.  I was doing it early in a town to test it out, went from level 30 on a character to level 80 in under an hour.  It's thoroughly broken. For conjuration just cast soul trap on dead bodies and it levels conjuration.  Alteration, stand in water and use water breathing.  Restoration, jump up and down in a fire while casting heal, destruction is the only real hard one.  Though if you have healing hand, and frostbite, reduce destruction and restoration cost, run a giant around in a circle.  You will heal it more than frostbite will do in damage and infinitely get up restoration and destruction.

There are a loto f ways to break Skyrim.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:21 am

It may be a free game, but let's throw in Dontrel Dolphin.  Basically every video on that channel has what could be considered the worst game ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsCF-mz6Y6A
    Elite Knight
    Elite Knight
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elite Knight Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:19 pm

Oh, has anyone said Remember Me yet? That game was pretty horrid.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:26 pm

I read that it was pretty bad. Haven't seen it at all myself.
    Elite Knight
    Elite Knight
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elite Knight Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:57 pm

I haven't played it, but I watched gameplay of it. Seems like Assassin's Creed, except your targets are people's memories.
    Zero LeStrange
    Zero LeStrange
    Casual
    Casual

Location : Puerto Rico, The Final weapon searching for the long lost hero

Post by Zero LeStrange Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:52 pm

I vote for Deadly Premonition. It was such a horrid, horrid title. That's my two cents.

And I know who nominated Two Worlds. Seriously man. It's bad, just not that bad.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:57 am

Assassin's Creed 3 is actually unplayable at times. I thought the series was pretty great, but I am not even half way through that one. It's so glitchy and is on my list of biggest let downs this gen.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:35 am

Zero LeStrange wrote:I vote for Deadly Premonition. It was such a horrid, horrid title. That's my two cents.

And I know who nominated Two Worlds. Seriously man. It's bad, just not that bad.
    its so bad that its the greatest game to ever exist
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:39 am

nsane32 wrote:
    Zero LeStrange wrote:I vote for Deadly Premonition. It was such a horrid, horrid title. That's my two cents.

its so bad that its the greatest game to ever exist
    That would be big rigs
    Elite Knight
    Elite Knight
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elite Knight Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:28 am

You guys wanna know what game is terrible? Dark Souls. Anyone here played it? If you haven't I wouldn't waste your time. That game is a framerate nightmare, the combat is slow and boring, the story is nonexistent and the game gives you no clear direction in where to go. I would hope that no one here was desperate enough to play a piece of crap like that, and I really hope that if you did you didn't actually enjoy it. It's just bad all the way around, and if you haven't picked it up yet, do yourself a favor and leave it be.

If you have.....God have mercy on your soul.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:33 am

Elite Knight wrote:You guys wanna know what game is terrible? Dark Souls. Anyone here played it? If you haven't I wouldn't waste your time. That game is a framerate nightmare, the combat is slow and boring, the story is nonexistent and the game gives you no clear direction in where to go. I would hope that no one here was desperate enough to play a piece of crap like that, and I really hope that if you did you didn't actually enjoy it. It's just bad all the way around, and if you haven't picked it up yet, do yourself a favor and leave it be.

You forgot to say how much it kills you. Seriously, don't developers want us to see their games' endings? What kinda ripoff makes a game that's impossible to beat because it keeps killing you?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:41 am

Irony is, the story in dark souls is genuinely straight of the z list- "chosen one" is one of the biggest cliche's in story telling silly

Love the lore, but the story is weak. AotA was an interesting subplot, but it just refers to the 'save the girl in danger' cliche instead silly
    Elite Knight
    Elite Knight
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elite Knight Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:43 am

Reaperfan wrote:
    Elite Knight wrote:You guys wanna know what game is terrible? Dark Souls. Anyone here played it? If you haven't I wouldn't waste your time. That game is a framerate nightmare, the combat is slow and boring, the story is nonexistent and the game gives you no clear direction in where to go. I would hope that no one here was desperate enough to play a piece of crap like that, and I really hope that if you did you didn't actually enjoy it. It's just bad all the way around, and if you haven't picked it up yet, do yourself a favor and leave it be.

You forgot to say how much it kills you.  Seriously, don't developers want us to see their games' endings?  What kinda ripoff makes a game that's impossible to beat because it keeps killing you?
    Oh, I knew I forgot something.

Right? I mean, it's almost as if they made us waste that money to make no progress at all, meanwhile they laugh it up all the way to the bank.
    Elite Knight
    Elite Knight
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elite Knight Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:44 am

Serious_Much wrote:Irony is, the story in dark souls is genuinely straight of the z list- "chosen one" is one of the biggest cliche's in story telling silly

Love the lore, but the story is weak. AotA was an interesting subplot, but it just refers to the 'save the girl in danger' cliche instead silly
     In all fairness though, there isn't much one can do to avoid cliches these days. :b

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:11 am