Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

A Clear Look At Gwyn's In-Game Face

Derpwraith
    Derpwraith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

A Clear Look At Gwyn's In-Game Face Empty A Clear Look At Gwyn's In-Game Face

Post by Derpwraith Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:49 am

I have always wanted a clear look at Gwyn's face in-game but the Kiln was just too dark even with the brightness full, I actually got a clear look at his in-game face in this video: http://www.twitch.tv/gibbed/b/370932062

Lord Gwyn literally is a hollow

A Clear Look At Gwyn's In-Game Face 2013_010
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

A Clear Look At Gwyn's In-Game Face Empty Re: A Clear Look At Gwyn's In-Game Face

Post by GrinTwist Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:55 am

It looks similar to the face of a hollow, except for the eyes. Many of the hollows we see in game have dark holes but with red eyes in them which to me indicates they're hollow. Unlike us, we instead don't have red eyes. 

He's without a doubt undead, no one should look like that and still be considered alive. As far as him being hollow though, I think this proves he isn't a hollow.
    Gollumseverywhere
    Casual
    Casual

A Clear Look At Gwyn's In-Game Face Empty Re: A Clear Look At Gwyn's In-Game Face

Post by Gollumseverywhere Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:58 am

So who needs sleep. Not me...i knew he was hollow but that face scares me ****less.
    I think its the beard because without it he would just be a really big hollow with a rather large sword and fancy clothes
    Derpwraith
    Derpwraith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Derpwraith Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:16 am

GrinTwist wrote:It looks similar to the face of a hollow, except for the eyes. Many of the hollows we see in game have dark holes but with red eyes in them which to me indicates they're hollow. Unlike us, we instead don't have red eyes. 

He's without a doubt undead, no one should look like that and still be considered alive. As far as him being hollow though, I think this proves he isn't a hollow.
    He is still committed to defending the flame, I think hollows get their eyes once they give up on everything they have worked for.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:12 am

Yes it has been known for quite some time, you could always just look up screenshots or images taken.  Here are some I took.

https://2img.net/h/i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc475/TolvoArt/Dark%20Souls%20Lore/7f9ad898-ac7b-46dd-a391-f1c55eab6dab_zpse6950715.jpg

https://2img.net/h/i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc475/TolvoArt/Dark%20Souls%20Lore/GwynLordofCinder2_zpsb4809e55.png

https://2img.net/h/i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc475/TolvoArt/Dark%20Souls%20Lore/GwynLordofCinder_zps74edccef.png

It's the idea of why he is so easy to defeat, Gwyn has gone hollow.  He has lost any semblance of his former self, basically becoming a golem fulfilling a task.  You can essentially consider the sentient being Gwyn dead, and this just his corpse clinging to an idea.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 10:59 pm