Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Jansports
jaythibodeau
Devokai
Acarnatia
Ghadis_God
SirArchmage
10 posters

~Gaping Dragon Arena Fight Club~

Poll

Would you like to participate in this Fight Club?

[ 6 ]
    ~Gaping Dragon Arena Fight Club~ I_vote_lcap86%~Gaping Dragon Arena Fight Club~ I_vote_rcap [86%] 
    [ 1 ]
    ~Gaping Dragon Arena Fight Club~ I_vote_lcap14%~Gaping Dragon Arena Fight Club~ I_vote_rcap [14%] 
    [ 0 ]
    ~Gaping Dragon Arena Fight Club~ I_vote_lcap0%~Gaping Dragon Arena Fight Club~ I_vote_rcap [0%] 

Total Votes: 7
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

~Gaping Dragon Arena Fight Club~ Empty ~Gaping Dragon Arena Fight Club~

Post by Myztyrio Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:35 am

First publicly noticed when announced by TheSunlightBlade, in a recent video of his, the Gaping Dragon's arena can actually be accessed by jumping in, rather than simply walking through the fog gate.

Gaping Dragon Arena Fight Club
    As discovered and founded by Myztyrio wave 

After much testing and multiple summonings with a friend, watergodrapture, we have found that the Gaping Dragon's arena can indeed be used as a PvP arena(much like Artorias' Arena). As such, I have explored thoroughly inside the arena, and found that it would be absolutely perfect, especially for larger fights such as FFA's and 2v2's. 

The dimensions of the area that actually appear to trigger the boss fight are quite small, and appears to be in the shape of a small square or oval, next to the boss gate. The area is so small, that as long as the participants stay away from the front of the arena, there is no risk of losing the match. In the case that a participant does travel into said area, or fall into it when jumping down, the session will be lost(the host would cause the boss fight to trigger, sending red phantoms home and keeping white phantoms; a red phantom would show the death animation, be sent home, and lose nothing).

The jump itself is executed by jumping over the fence over near where the Channeler is, next to the stairs, and then quickly quitting the game before hitting the ground. If performed in time, the game will register you as having last stood on top of the fence(which is not accessible otherwise), and will have you standing on it upon reloading the game. Once on the fence, one would place their red or white sign to be summoned by a host, and then make the jump along the fence, into the boss arena. If angled more inwards, away from the boss gate, the cutscene will not trigger, and the phantom or host will be free to move about the arena.

Here is a video demonstrating how to get into the arena, featuring TheSunlightBlade:

There you go!

I am also willing to make a video myself, demonstrating exactly where to jump as not to trigger the boss fight, if needed.

If you're interested in starting up this fight club, which would be in my opinion, the best possible arena for one, please vote Yes on the poll.

Once the poll has reached an appropriate amount of interested participants, I will create a signup list and we can decide upon a day to commence.

If this arena grows enough in popularity amongst the forumites, I will enforce it as a weekly or bi-weekly club, and will add new hosts to the list as necessary.
    Participants:

PS3

Myztyrio
    Enaid_Waleis 

Xbox

SirArchmaaleis 

Dark Souls PvP
    Proper Bow 

Last edited by Myztyrio on Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

~Gaping Dragon Arena Fight Club~ Empty Re: ~Gaping Dragon Arena Fight Club~

Post by Myztyrio Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:24 pm

So far we have two people holding interest. If you're truly interested in making this happen, please post here with any questions, comments, etc. We must attract more participants and keep this idea alive! thumbs up
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:38 pm

There should be an Xbox one of this. I have not the most reliable internet so I would not be able to host it, but I could try to ask around for people interested.
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:49 pm

SirArchmage wrote:There should be an Xbox one of this. I have not the most reliable internet so I would not be able to host it, but I could try to ask around for people interested.

Alright, Sir. You can be an Xbox participant then. Only one host should be needed for each system(for now). But I will probably focus my efforts on PS3 first, since it's the one I have most access too, as well as the most used on the forums.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:11 pm

And how would the host resummon their phantoms, if they jumped into the boss arena to fight?
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:41 pm

Ghadis_God wrote:And how would the host resummon their phantoms, if they jumped into the boss arena to fight?

They would have to homeward bone(or would automatically be brought back if it's 1v1) each time, then return to the fence to resummon.
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:56 pm

I'm interested.
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:20 pm

Okay, if everyone who's interested could simply post here, I will record your name onto a list with your account names. thumbs up
    Devokai
    Devokai
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Devokai Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:07 pm

Eh, would be nice, but anything requiring me to do work just to get back into the area an event is taking place is just a no go. Too lazy for that.

Also if this trick requires you to summon before you go into the arena, how would you even get in when the trick requires reloading to get onto the rail...just a precise jump and hope you get on the rail? Explain please
    Sneezer
    Sneezer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Sneezer Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:02 pm

It says at the end of the video, you put your sign down on the rail after you do the first jump in your own world. 
    Though this may be an annoying amount of work just for an arena.
    jaythibodeau
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by jaythibodeau Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:30 pm

As difficult as it might be to set up, it sounds like fun. Making it difficult to set up for some reason interests me a lot. I'll gladly join if you plan on doing this sometime. big grin
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:44 pm

What kind of rules are you looking at?
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:56 am

reim0027 wrote:What kind of rules are you looking at?

Probably the basic rules for now. Likely would just start with 1v1's and the host would just use binoculars to watch from the top. 

No healing, chain backstabs, intentional lag stuff going on. 

For 3-person free for alls especially, I would encourage participants to use stealthy techniques though. Fog, mist, hiding for surprise attacks, bows, etc. The arena is so large and has spots to hide and blend.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:59 am

Much like Abyss fight clubs I think the extra effort simply to put a sign down and summon and such is MOST of the time not worth it as there are many areas in the game that make for good fighting. And this arena seems to offer not a whole lot of unique features. a few pillars to one side and a rather large open flat area.

If the format where different than normal 1v1s and that unique format where interesting it could be worth doing, but again why all the hassle for a relatively bland arena?
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:33 am

Jansports wrote:Much like Abyss fight clubs I think the extra effort simply to put a sign down and summon and such is MOST of the time not worth it as there are many areas in the game that make for good fighting. And this arena seems to offer not a whole lot of unique features. a few pillars to one side and a rather large open flat area.

If the format where different than normal 1v1s and that unique format where interesting it could be worth doing, but again why all the hassle for a relatively bland arena?

It isn't really too much hassle. And I went in the area personally as a red phantom, and just fell in love with it. You may find it bland, but I see a lot that could be done.

Abyss fight clubs? Do tell.
    Sneezer
    Sneezer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Sneezer Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:09 am

All of that is all well and good... but let's focus on the real prize here; an Ash Lake fight club.
    mnosixstring6

Post by mnosixstring6 Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:55 am

I'm interested, like the area as well, so sign me up!
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:57 am

It's possible to fall through a few walls, make an odd jump and get summons into the Abyss without triggering the 4kings fight. The host has to stay away but you can send all 3 phantoms into the abyss.

It's similar in that you have to jump through a few hoops just for the FC going on.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:08 pm

I like those rules.  Not everyone likes that much freedom in fighting style, but I do.

EDIT: that doesn't mean I'll tick stab you or WoG dead angle, or TWoD you, but those are my own self-imposed rules. I won't complain if others do it, assuming it isn't banned.
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:13 pm

@Sneezer - Almost positive that's impossible.
    @sixstring - will do!
    @Jansports - does sound more complicated, plus there's even less variation in terrain in the abyss, and only 3 could participate at once.
    @Reim - I agree, as long as it isn't pure lag abuse like chain backstabbing to death, I don't see why one shouldn't be allowed to use things like tranquil walk of peace if they're willing to sacrifice both stats and slots on it. FROM balance spells to however they saw fit for both PvP and PvE, how "cheap" they are is generally influenced by lag, which is just something we all have to deal with(such as magically knowing that your opponent has an invisible soul mass floating above them after being summoned into their world).
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:57 pm

If I can get 10 people to confirm their interest we can have our first go at this this next weekend? big grin
    jaythibodeau
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by jaythibodeau Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:33 pm

Interest confirmed. Praise the Sun

What time do you think we would have to have it at?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:47 am