Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
kazumoshi
RANT
Myztyrio
7 posters

Unusual(to me) Build

Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Unusual(to me) Build Empty Unusual(to me) Build

Post by Myztyrio Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:34 pm

I've yet to mess around with magic, enchanted, divine, or occult weapons much. They're the one large group that's foreign to me, just because it's obvious how much weaker they tend to be due to their split damage and low(er) general AR.

Anyway, I decided to make a sort of "Pure Faith" build, and just dump the rest into vitality. I also wanted to try maining the Scythe for a while, so in that aspect, I "killed two birds." Hopefully the Scythe isn't too horrid of a weapon for the "int/faith weapon" route(I wouldn't think so, since it's pretty solid with a good PvE moveset).

Anyhow, this build is intended for both PvE and PvP. If I find that I really enjoy it, I may even finally go beyond NG+ with it(after countless playthroughs, still never really felt it on going through the game more than one full play with a single character). This may also end up being my only Sunbro silly Being that I could actually utilize Sunlight Spear, since things like buffs won't be in the way. Halfway through making the build I was half tempted to revert to the same old and add some dex and slap a buff on there. This should certainly be a nice change of pace big grin

Build http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=165819937687864157

Thoughts?
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Unusual(to me) Build Empty Re: Unusual(to me) Build

Post by RANT Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:53 pm

scythe is awesome but 30 faith is not gonna cut it, here nito sends his regards http://mmdks.com/3il4 look like an awesome crusader and go kick some ***, this is almost waht my faith build looks like.
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:13 pm

RANT wrote:scythe is awesome but 30 faith is not gonna cut it, here nito sends his regards http://mmdks.com/3il4 look like an awesome crusader and go kick some ***, this is almost waht my faith build looks like.
    Hah looks nice big grin

Is the 50 or so AR really going to make that monumental of a difference though?
    I feel bad having to use wolf ring all the time. no see
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:33 pm

Wolf is cool when you pair it with armor as awesome as the one I wear,  and yes it does make a big difference.
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:35 pm

RANT wrote:Wolf is cool when you pair it with armor as awesome as the one I wear,  and yes it does make a big difference.
    At that rate I'd need to go through the trouble of getting Darkmoon Talisman. And it would feel a shame not to utilize Darkmoon Blade D:
    kazumoshi
    kazumoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by kazumoshi Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:25 am

You could probably bum a darkmoon talisman off of someone if you're on PSN.
    Dr__Awkward
    Dr__Awkward
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Dr__Awkward Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:01 pm

Myztyrio wrote:
    RANT wrote:scythe is awesome but 30 faith is not gonna cut it, here nito sends his regards http://mmdks.com/3il4 look like an awesome crusader and go kick some ***, this is almost waht my faith build looks like.
    Hah looks nice big grin

Is the 50 or so AR really going to make that monumental of a difference though?
    I feel bad having to use wolf ring all the time. no see
     ah...monumental. nostalgia
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:13 pm

I think chaos will out-damage divine at 30 faith with no other scaling stats, as would lightning.  Divine splits the damage slightly less evenly but not enough to make up for a 50+ AR difference most likely.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:35 pm

http://mmdks.com/3j0q

Very close to the faith scaling 100 I use. The Scythe being a halberd it gets pretty good stats when elemental And when you have high faith you can use the occult bow for some silly levels of chip damage against most shields.

I've never really had too big an issue with the elemental scythe not doing enough damage at sl100
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:07 pm

It's either 30 faith, or 50 faith. Anything in between is not worth the stat investment.

With 50 faith, you'll bump up your AR 51 points, which is pretty good. And like you said, it'll be much better to use the DMT. 556 AR with an Occult Scythe is good enough imo, without having to use the buff. That way you'll have full use of all 4 slots.

Imo, with the DMB buff, you don't need much else to kill someone. A couple hits with that and most build are dead (depending on the build obviously) but it gets incredibly boring.

A chaos scythe would work too. Like Jans said, elementals never really have a problem at SL 100.
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:21 am

Jansports wrote:http://mmdks.com/3j0q

Very close to the faith scaling 100 I use. The Scythe being a halberd it gets pretty good stats when elemental And when you have high faith you can use the occult bow for some silly levels of chip damage against most shields.

I've never really had too big an issue with the elemental scythe not doing enough damage at sl100
    Looks good, but why the 48 faith? I'm aware that it'd be enough to cast Bountiful Sunlight, which would be good if I plan to co-op often. Not sure if I'll get many summons at SL100 as a white phantom thought, will I?

Would it be even riskier further - in terms of how often I could get summons - if I bumped the SL up to 120/125 for more vit/end?
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:30 am

I use Soothing Sunlight sometimes in the 2v2 100 arena. It would be 50fai just to max scaling and such but I nicked two points out of it just to get a little more health for my own personal comfort. I get very little co-op at 100 anywhere but township, but about a quarter of the summons I get are gank squads so it's often a pain getting co-op to happen.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:31 am