Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Shakie666
twigsterxd
Back Lot Basher
7 posters

Does stamina required for blocking go up in NG+?

Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Does stamina required for blocking go up in NG+? Empty Does stamina required for blocking go up in NG+?

Post by Back Lot Basher Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:22 pm

Just wondering if it takes the same amount of stamina (assuming stability remains the same) to block in NG+...
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Does stamina required for blocking go up in NG+? Empty Re: Does stamina required for blocking go up in NG+?

Post by twigsterxd Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:33 pm

well I would think if the beasties are tougher each ng, they would hit your shield harder too taking a little more stamina but probably not too much
    Shakie666
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Does stamina required for blocking go up in NG+? Empty Re: Does stamina required for blocking go up in NG+?

Post by Shakie666 Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:46 pm

It doesn't increase at all. Not even a little bit.

Incidentally, this means turtling Manus with havel's greatshield makes it remarkably easy... (you can do it for artorias too, though watch out for when he powers up).
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:48 pm

Even worse, turtle with the greatshield of artorias, requires much less strength.
    Shakie666
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Shakie666 Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:59 pm

Soul of Stray Demon wrote:Even worse, turtle with the greatshield of artorias, requires much less strength.
    I know, but it doesn't have very good magic resistance. This isn't a problem against Artorias himself, but against Manus...
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:48 pm

I suppose you could two-hand the shield even if you don't have the str to wield it.  Anytime I've ever been in a manus fight with enough str to wield a good shield, it seemed ridiculously easy.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:05 pm

Then you wouldn't be able to attack with any weapons unless you swap your shield out.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:28 pm

Soul of Stray Demon wrote:Then you wouldn't be able to attack with any weapons unless you swap your shield out.
    You could off-hand a weapon and switch to 1h the shield and attack with it.  Considering you have at least 34 str to 2h havel's you have some flexibility in terms of what you put over there, but it'll obviously hit reasonably hard if it's a str scaling weapon.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:29 pm

Or just use the cleansing greatshield for Manus, it has good mag resistance.
    dalsio
    dalsio
    Regular
    Regular

Post by dalsio Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:39 pm

With the stone greatshield I was able to tank most of Manus' physical and magic attacks, but with decent magic-resist armor and the silver pendant, I never needed to. His physical attacks are easy to either dodge or block so you wouldn't need much in the way of physical protection. The only reason I like magic protection is in case I'm late for whatever reason on my silver pendant.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:57 pm

dalsio wrote:With the stone greatshield I was able to tank most of Manus' physical and magic attacks, but with decent magic-resist armor and the silver pendant, I never needed to. His physical attacks are easy to either dodge or block so you wouldn't need much in the way of physical protection. The only reason I like magic protection is in case I'm late for whatever reason on my silver pendant.
    That reminds me of that first few weeks the DLC was out, and you'd go to help a host fight manus for the first time.  Occasionally they hadn't discovered the pendant, and would just get flattened by his dark sorcery.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:21 pm

I completely suck at tanking.
    Can't focus when losing health

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 3:03 pm