Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
Myztyrio
TheMeInTeam
OGS0ulsFAN
SageOfToads123
Kellborn
twilightwarwolf
Seignar
Cronotis
Hatsune Miku
shadowzninjaz
Conrack
crbngville2
Walter_White
twigsterxd
Encore
chantienyee
Sentiel
skarekrow13
Zeta Prime
GrinTwist
Onion Knight
25 posters

What is your favourite World and why?

Poll

What is your favourite World?

[ 15 ]
    What is your favourite World and why? I_vote_lcap38%What is your favourite World and why? I_vote_rcap [38%] 
    [ 4 ]
    What is your favourite World and why? I_vote_lcap10%What is your favourite World and why? I_vote_rcap [10%] 
    [ 11 ]
    What is your favourite World and why? I_vote_lcap28%What is your favourite World and why? I_vote_rcap [28%] 
    [ 5 ]
    What is your favourite World and why? I_vote_lcap13%What is your favourite World and why? I_vote_rcap [13%] 
    [ 5 ]
    What is your favourite World and why? I_vote_lcap13%What is your favourite World and why? I_vote_rcap [13%] 

Total Votes: 40
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

What is your favourite World and why? Empty What is your favourite World and why?

Post by Onion Knight Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:39 am

What is your favourite World in Demon's Souls and why? It can be for aesthetic/atmospheric reasons, story/lore reasons, great Jolly Co-op or PvP spots, best boss fights in the game? Which one of these floats your boat the most? Vote in the poll above!
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

What is your favourite World and why? Empty Re: What is your favourite World and why?

Post by GrinTwist Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:57 am

I prefer the Tower of Latria over the other worlds. Mostly for the Maneaters boss fight and the atmosphere of 4-2. Oh and because you get to fight as the monk at the end of it all, that's always fun.
    Zeta Prime
    Zeta Prime
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

What is your favourite World and why? Empty Re: What is your favourite World and why?

Post by Zeta Prime Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:39 am

Tower of Latria for me aswell. nothing compared to my despair at the maneaters and my first fool's idol run.. plus it's so dark and eerie.. and lord rydell and sage freke are there so that's awesome aswell!

everytime I go back to demons souls I realise how much darker it is than dark souls.. it's awesome.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:26 pm

Shrine of Storms. The lighting quality is epic for any video game. Bright AND bleak. It's the cold autumn light that tells you winter is coming. The darkness, to me, is more welcoming than the outdoors. Looking up during the Storm King fight (or any time really if you look at the sky) should remind you of the comforting sun. Instead you're reminded that it holds no significant foothold in this land.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:31 pm

Boletaria.
    I just love the feel of the medieval castle, especially when it's dark, with narrow corridors and such.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:36 pm

I should probably throw my hat into the ring and say that I went with Latria. Latria was the first time in a game since Final Fantasy XI that actually made me fear my character's safety and progression especially in 3-2. Combined with the freaky atmospheric's and ambient it made for an unforgettable experience. 
    Also had a tonne of fun helping my friends with the NG+ Maneaters fight.
    chantienyee
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by chantienyee Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:09 am

Shrine of Storms. Love the bosses most of all, but I've always really enjoyed that first level too -- so many things you can do and ways you can go about it. And Sparkly. And Satsuki. And the Storm King battle -- best fight in the game  happy  It's also super key to a dex player's game -- Uchi, Kilij and Blige's arrows.
    Encore
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : Bracing myself for the Winds of Change, being supported by the towering pillars of my friends.

Post by Encore Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:25 am

I like all of them, for different reasons.

First, World 1: I like it here because if really shows off that it is a fallen kingdom, a castle that fell from grace and is now a corrupted mess of mindless creatures and decay.

Second, World 2 (Feeling it?): I like it here because it makes me feel at home, for some reason. It gives a warm feeling, and when you finally bring down the Dragon God you really understand how small your character are, and how large of an impact you really can do. You've descended through a mountain, met a horde of mindless creatures and even crossed lava, yet you accomplish your goals.

Third, World 3 (Getting redundant...): This is just pure atmosphere and when you exit the church and enter 3-2 you really feel of far the corruption has spread, how much the world has suffered. The boss fights are interesting, and in all cases the boss does not fight alone (Worth pointing out; Fool's Idol has her copies, Maneaters are two and Old Monk uses a summon)

Fourth, World 4 (Just, of course doing it beca - Dead, he's dead.): I like this because here I felt bleak, there was always more going after me, even the bones of the dead, even the shadows, and in a metaphorical sense, the sky. It is cold, it is bleak, there is no hope, yet you carry on... It is a soothing feel. You even challenge the shadows themselves and bring them down. Your determination carries you through, and helps motivate you.

Fifth, World 5 (So, I just did a mainstream and out of place gag. HATE ME!): This place is disgusting, which reflects the world we're up against really well. Though in a way, perhaps it gives a sliver of hope? The end boss, a fallen maiden who only wishes to serve and help her followers, chose to abandon her duties and accept the soul of a demon, perhaps something even more disgusting than the valley they're in? It is also punishing, forcing you to walk through poison, battle insects and brave disease, just so you can bring down a disillusioned maiden and her bodyguard. The world is sick, and it affects even the purest of us all.

The Nexus: It is the center of the world, and binds it together. All lost souls meet there, and are guided by the hands of fate to fulfill their own goals. You are there to save the world, but is it all worth it? At your side stands the Maiden in Black, one of the (Spoiler warning silly) most powerful demon there is, to guide you through your strife full journey, there to empower you.

Beneath the Nexus: What do you do to save a dying world? You enter its core and show forces the disease to fall back. Sometimes, you need to abandon your guide for the greater good of it all.
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:33 am

I gave you a +1 for that doomer. Mainly because for someone very new to the game, you understand it quite well big grin

I would have to choose world 4 for many reasons. The main reason is it's a fun level at PBWT. Anyone needing to go soul farming should change the WT to PB cause you can level up fast and get 100k in souls fast.
    I also like the bosses and wish there was a way to kill a boss, reload game and kill it again. Old Hero just makes me LOL.
    Walter_White
    Walter_White
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Walter_White Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:20 pm

No love for stonefang?
    I voted for 2 because of Flamelurker - best bossfight in the game. Maneater and Old Monk are cool too, aswell the Wannabe King....but i just love Flamelurker, such a great dance with him and it's getting better and better the higher the ng+ is and the lower the SL is. And then killing the Dragon God is epic...easy but epic.
    World 2 got the best boss, good stones, a cool Blacksmith, the DBS and the ToB...what can be better?
    crbngville2
    crbngville2
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by crbngville2 Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:07 am

The Valley. Creepiest lore in the whole game, and the Faintstone. It always really got me how the holiest ores in the game come from the most degraded area. BP Garland and Selene are a couple of the best fights in the game as well. BP Giant Depraved Ones with their huge aggro area, BP Meat Cleaver chick, etc.
    chantienyee
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by chantienyee Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:36 pm

I think that would be my second choice for those reasons. But also for the slug-infested large sword of moonlight -- love that spot. I also dig the dirty woman and her stones of ephemeral eyes, and how this is the easiest level to kill your black phantom and primeval demon in one go.

I used to hate this level so much back when it was a challenge.
    Conrack
    Conrack
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Conrack Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:12 pm

Why must you make me choose?! 
    I choose the Whole Damn world, because seriously Demon's souls had the best worlds and bosses of the 2 (maybe 3) game.
    shadowzninjaz
    shadowzninjaz
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by shadowzninjaz Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:02 pm

My favorite world is shrine of storms or 2-3 since that is were all the pvp happens or 1-4 there all three good spots and having amazing scenery
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:00 pm

I haven't really thought about it. I just play the game not paying any that much attention to the surroundings, and more focused on clearing the world or farming whatever.
    But guess I'll go with Boliteria, World 1.
    Walter_White
    Walter_White
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Walter_White Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:02 pm

shadowzninjaz wrote:...or 2-3 since that is were all the pvp happens
    PvP in 2-3 surprised ??
    Never seen that and never invaded there. It's only a small tunnel, pretty short before you enter the Dragon God boss fog. You mean 1-3? Or 2-2?
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:17 pm

Walter_White wrote:
    shadowzninjaz wrote:...or 2-3 since that is were all the pvp happens
    You mean 1-3? Or 2-2?
    Or 3-2?

Although I think Worlds 1 and 4 were the most popular for PvP.
    Cronotis
    Cronotis
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cronotis Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:41 pm

I have to go with VoD with Latria running a close second.  I like them both for some of the same reasons.  Great atmosphere, enemies hiding in dark shadows, etc.  I'm choosing VoD because I really like the lore behind it.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:42 pm

I pick the Boletarian Palace.

Boletaria gets my pick because it is consistent. The enemies are not powerful, but they work in numbers, which is a tactic difficult to abuse and easy to balance. The entire level feels like a journey in itself. You start at the gates, are forced to traverse through the wall to open it. You then cross the bridge while avoiding dragon fire. You infiltrate the town and make way through it and a wall of soldiers waiting for you. You reach the King's Palace and challenge him to a duel. Then, you can look out the King's throne and see all of the level just to remind you how awesome you are!

All this time the enemies were roughly the same and the level remained consistent with its method, which was pitting you against similar enemies in a variety of situations in order to refine your skills. Also, the bosses were epic and a large amount of NPC come from here. That and it is the longest level in the game.

Another thing, it is also the level which has the most frightening situations. I recall 3:

1) Seeing the Tower Knight, then, in the same cutscene, have about a dozen crossbows aimed at you, such a situation for an initial playthrough feels like a slaugther

2) The triple red knight lancers in 1-3. If you ever ran into the red lancer in 1-1, this is nightmare made reality.

3) The triple black phantoms in 1-4. Triple lancers weren't scary enough, so they had to make 3 Black Phantoms that are each powerful in their own. The first one has reach, the second one has to be abused to beat and the third one is incredibly powerful.

As a matter of fact, all of 1-4 is overwhelming. You have the triple Black Phantoms. The cramped corners in the tower, with at least 4-5 enemies at a time. The blue wyvern encounter where you have to cross a long bridge while it repeatedly sets it ablaze. The second encounter where you have to run through its fire breath. The encounter with Ostrava, who is a 4th dangerous Black Phantom. Finally, the most powerful boss in the game who is also suppose to be the villain in this story.
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:58 pm

Honestly i liked the valley. It was the only place that really made me feel something in a game. For example you go through the first part the valley itself and see the all this filth and these forgottne about and possiblely damned people who really seem to just want to go away and leave something alone. Myself being a curious guy i killed them and went along my merry way trudging through filth and only finding things to disgust me such as bugs and i HATE bugs so imagine how much i wanted to kill this place. Then we get the big clubbers who gave me fear more than anything since i can't look at them and say i don't imagine myself getting pancaked. Then finally going to the Leech Mongerer and again seeing such disgust and filth that i natrually wanted to rid it (plus he was rather annoying anyway) but it too seemed to be a figure head or defending something and i mena beyond the boss field.

Then we exit the valley or go deeper into it (never really understood which it was) and then come to see a sea of poison. I am a lilttle horrified but it gives a calming atmophere in an odd way plus i liked the terrain even defending and protecting something which only made my curiousity grow and give me the strength to overcome poison and more of these damned people who now have ticks or are using minor magic and being more agressive. Then we get the random meat cleaver person WHO ROLLS. If i wasn't mad and then realizing that the terrian almost did have a mind of its own against myself as an invader then i was dense plus she was in her own way horrendous with how she fades into the terrain which already helps her in the advantage of rolling and the back drop of how darkness can hide the brightest light if it so chooses (only helped too by the Holy weapons you get there). After dying and giving up or killing her and then seeing the animals , slugs and mosquito's, keep coming after me too it almost gives the feel of nature saying "Begone fool! You know not what you are looking for!" Then finally finding the small almost city like area and seeing how the inhabitants , except the dirty woman who oddly enough almost seems to be stalking you if you think about it, and slaughter them still thinking how low and filthy these beings of trash were. Only to find an even more horrid beast lying in wait. ( i can't think of his name but i want to say its Dirty Colassus? Idk) Seeing how he too is defending something and how he is even worse than before especially since to a degree the leech mongerer gave an idea of life slowly taking anothers where this guy just wanted to make you disappear leaving nothing left including bones. Hell even he looks to taking wear and tear from himself since his mere armor or rather lack there of just falls apart at almost every hit. And yet despite his degrading he still fights and vigourisly at that using every advantage he can including the water and the fire in the toches nearby by since if he gets his ticks or whatever they are on you to have to hurt yourself to stop the worse of two evils. Eventually he falls and thus you start on your final part. Archdemon here I come to kill you.

The mere effect of this small tunnel before the fog almost suggesting something even worse or undead maybe since we had a life stealer (leechmongerer) then a degration monster (Dirty Collasus) before hand. Only to as you see Maiden Astrea! The Sixth Saint who is supposed to be SUPERIORLY holy and on top of that supposed to give an idea of life in the best form and here she is "corrupted and changed". It shattered the ideals i held before and how easy and detachable it was to kill a demon only to see someone so "good" can be so "evil". My first time i literally stared not knowing what to do and infact i went and tried to find a way to not kill her. A great sadness coming in the fact that to further myself i have to kill her. But first her guard. Him I hate him because he clearly fights with such a ferocity unlike anything i had seen earlier and yet was unable and seemed to lead the Maiden astray. After a few attempts or a few lucky parries.... He dies as i walk past him uncaring and almost..happy. Only to talk to the Maiden and learn how she choose this to help all the poor damned people i had been killing. And then the jabs at me of how i was actually evil and the more i thought on it the more it seemed true and the pushing back from earlier of nature only laughs at me as Astrea kills herself seeing that she can do no harm and even dispises you. After that i could do nothing but stare as and leave the game feeling awful.

No other game has done all that to me. I still feel awful kiling her but damn that did another on me emotionally from DkS since it almost seemed to say not everything is as simple nor black and white as we would like to believe or see. But yeah that is why i like the Valley of Defilment the most.
    Kellborn
    Kellborn

Post by Kellborn Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:37 pm

I'm a little surprised that Latria is taking the victory here, granted it has great atmosphere, I wasn't a big fan of the amount of falls, which I suppose I should blame on my own skill and senses. When I died in Latria, it wasn't because of some boss or enemy, but rather that I kept falling to my death, far too often than I dare to admit. Albeit moody and atmospheric, I didn't appreciate it all that much gameplay wise. That said, the singing woman, the distant bells, the cries for help and generally all of the audio is definitely what made the first part of it a positive memorable experience though. (Then again, I'm not completely finished with it, still got the last boss to do.)

Although I haven't even played through all the worlds yet, I can say that so far my favorite is the Boletarian Palace. It's consistent, the area is well designed, and it isn't filled with places you can fall to your death. It's fun, mildly challenging, and was a great introduction to the game I find. Enjoyed the whole world thoroughly.

I've only played through 3 worlds (Latria will be my 3rd when I'm done with it), so my opinion may very well change once I'm completely finished!
    chantienyee
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by chantienyee Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:51 pm

Yeah.  I kind of expected Latria to be the most popular, but what gets me is the backtracking. After you've beat the game a ton of times and you just want to run through, it can be really tedious. There's usually some degree of backtrack in other worlds too, but getting the keys is kind of boring after a while. Especially to free the NPCs.
    SageOfToads123
    SageOfToads123

Post by SageOfToads123 Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:45 pm

Shrine of Storms. I love the boss fights (especially the last boss fight were you pull the Storm Ruler out of the ground and proceed to kick ***), and the it's the only level in the whole series that's surrounded by ocean. The whole spiritual essence is there (it's hard to explain really), and fighting things like ghosts and skeletons that don't bleed is nice for a change. There's plenty more to like about it too, such as the sun shining through the clouds. The lighting too.
    OGS0ulsFAN
    OGS0ulsFAN

Post by OGS0ulsFAN Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:45 pm

i voted bolitarian palace. but now that i think about probably Tower of Latria for the Old Monk  boss fight.  
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:00 pm

I don't like backtracking or things that forcibly slow pacing. 5-2 really irked me because I didn't know exactly where to go and trudging through the swamp takes an eternity (bothered me much more than the poison, and killing enemies there wasn't hard, but the whole process was so tedious).

3-1 had so much running back and forth for keys that it got old, and the various contraptions + ticky tack fall-to-death boss fight in 3-2 was tiresome also.

On the flip side, worlds 1, 2, and 4 I felt were all solid, unique environments without the same degree of major grating gameplay elements. Of them, I liked 1 the most, for similar reasons as Seignar listed. Good pacing, some real challenges, good boss fights (first two a bit easy, though Phalanx is basically a "break-into-game boss" anyway).

5-2 and 3-1 bothered me the most. 3-2 and 5-1, and both -3's didn't bug me much at all; in fact both Old Monk and Astraea were fun fights.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 26, 2024 11:52 pm