Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
befowler
Reaperfan
Emergence
Serious_Much
Forum Pirate
berkut
PlasticandRage
Tolvo
12 posters

That's No Moon (Star Wars Thread)

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

That's No Moon  (Star Wars Thread) - Page 6 Empty Re: That's No Moon (Star Wars Thread)

Post by Tolvo Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:20 am

It is in his will that when he dies the franchise essentially be shut off, and that they will no longer give legal rights to anyone to ever allow anything star wars to be made. I'm kind of hoping this isn't the case, but it is sadly. Unless his children can take over and that is, a lot worse.

By the way I would like to say also that though I consider the original trilogy to be objectively better, in my subjective opinion, I'm not going to harp on anyone for liking it.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

That's No Moon  (Star Wars Thread) - Page 6 Empty Re: That's No Moon (Star Wars Thread)

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:37 am

I don't think his will matters 75 years after he dies. unless he sells the rights, no one owns it after he dies and then 75 years later its public domain. Thats why anyone can sing 98% of christmas songs, they're to old for merchandising laws to apply anymore.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:49 am

If I live to see the day, I will write and publish my own ewok adventures, feature a recently cloned Boba Fett, Darth Maul brought back, again, through sorcery, and Jar Jar Binks as the new galactic empire. I will then post it on many forums and ask for high praise, and receive none.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:07 am

Empire at War is pretty awesome. I just blew up Alderan with the Death Star and then told my dog that I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of voices were screaming out in terror and were suddenly silenced. Thanks for the recommend. I'm having a lot of fun with it. Haven't even really picked up Knights of the Old Republic yet, although it looks a lot like an older Dragon Age set in the wars universe. Which isn't a bad thing at all IMO
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:52 am

Knights of the Old Republic (KOTOR) utilizes the D&D dice system, so I would argue that it has some links in style to the neverwinter night games. One of the biggest things for me about the KOTOR games is the interactions between your characters, you really grew attached to them all.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:48 am

Have you checked online Plastic? I was curious if there are still people going head to head in that game, I really wouldn't be all that surprised. I know people can still find matches in Stronghold Crusdader, or Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast, another suggestion of mine.

Berkot, getting attached to characters isn't a bad thing, but I think you already know that. tongue
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:31 pm

Extreme focus on character development is definitely a Bioware thing. That's one of the things I really loved about Dragon Age Origins. After awhile it was almost like dealing with real people, their characters are so intricate. No I haven't tried online yet. I intend to but I don't think I'm good enough at it yet.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:40 pm

I started watching the movies from the beginning the other night, totally inspired by a combination of this thread and Empire at War. I'm at the end of Episode 2 right now, the battle on Geonosis. Man I would love to see Battlefront 3. I had a lot of fun with the first two, and I never even got to try them online. I never had a ps2 with a modem. I heard the Lord of the Rings Battlefront-style game is pretty great. I think it's called Conquest?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:18 pm

Don't get it! My god is it inbalanced, one class is invisible and can backstab for an instant kill, the Arrows instantly kill so if you can aim at all, you can easily kill anyone.

Actually there has been a Battlefront 3 in production for some time but it has been met with a lot of issues which include Lucas Arts cancelling it, taking the worked on version and asking a new developer to start work on a strange engine.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:48 pm

Really? Conquest is no good? I was actually watching some videos of it on youtube and thinking about trying to find a used copy of it after my last class today. I have a few games I don't want that I was going to try to trade for it. But if it's really no fun at all maybe I'll just put them towards SH Downpour. I bought Rage, among a few other things on my birthday, which I ended up not liking at all. As well as Red Dead Undead Nightmare, which either my system doesn't like or I just bought a F#%@ed up copy, because after getting to a certain point it freezes every time enemies spawn. I figure the two of those is probably equal to a used copy of conquest.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:51 pm

SH Downpour has gotten mixed from what I've heard, but I really have no opinion on that one. Conquest is just kind of, button mashy if you are going for instant kills. It isn't rolling around, planning, using vehicles and tactics to your advantage and capturing points. It's just very simple. As well some things are ridiculous, Sauron can be killed in one hit.

Yeah I've heard nothing but bad things about Rage, though I never tried it myself.

Might I suggest, Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast, amazing game. Jedi Academy as well, or if you have an N64 and can find it, Shadow of the Empire.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:04 pm

I've played the crap out of Shadows of the Empire. I've still got KotOR to play, as well the rebel alliance and consortium campaigns on Empire at War. That's enough wars for me for the time being. I'm getting SH Downpour regardless. I'm a huge fan of the series and the bad reviews I've read so far for the most part call it bad due to relationships to Homecoming, which they also call bad, and I enjoyed Homecoming. That's part of the reason I posted here to see if anyone else got it. I usually find it to be pretty unreliable to just listen to the critics. I guess it all depends on whether or not I can find a cheap copy of Conquest. I mean if I can find like a $10 - $15 copy then I'll probably give it a try anyway.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:06 pm

Well yeah, Discount is discount. That's actually how I got interested in MGS, found a Discount copy of MGS2 and got it, fell in love with the series.

And yeah Critic reviews aren't always right, some games they are spot on with like Journey, but others like I Am Alive they completely miss the dot on, I know there is a huge controversy right now over the rating of ME3 which Critics gave a perfect score for, and the player score is like 33/100 right now.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:16 pm

Yeah I'd heard spectacular things about ME2 and a PSN friend of mine just finished playing through it and was telling me how much he hated it. The MGS series is so good. Snake Eater is an absolutely incredible game, IMO even in relation to next gen standards. I liked MGS 4 too but not as much as 3.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:17 pm

Yeah, 2 and 3 were my absolute favourites. If only you could play as Snake for the majority of 2 I think it would get a lot better ratings. Something I always thought would be cool is a bit of an SW game like that, playing as some sort of infiltrator. There are aspects like that in JK but most of it is just combat.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:22 pm

Like a game where you play as a Bothan spy? That would be cool. Or even just a game where you play as a stealthy sith would work. Ya know what else would work? Manhunt 3. It's never going to happen, but I can dream can't I? Have you played Force Unleashed 2? I stopped at one of the small local places that sells used games here and they had a copy for under $10. I didn't do it because I've heard some bad things but I thought I'd ask anyway. I played through the first one. I thought it was alright but I rented it and did everything I desired to do with it in the 3 days I had it.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:24 pm

It's pretty much the same game except with a more ludicrous story. I hope there isn't a Wii version, I got the Wii version of the Force Unleashed. That was probably the worst game I've ever seen for a Next-Gen console.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:28 pm

Yeah I played the first one on ps3
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:29 pm

The Wii version has three Enemy types, Weak, Strong, Boss.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:31 pm

I don't really remember much about it except that the light saber fighting was fun and the story was a complete contradiction of the films. Hey do all the books take place before the final film? I was thinking about it while I was watching Episode 3 this morning. Does Luke ever take a padawan?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:34 pm

To find that out, you should read the books haha. The books take place before, after, and during the movies. There are an absolute ton of them, maybe more than Star Trek but I'm not sure I've heard there are a ton of those two. I'd say there are at least seventy books.

Yeah, people who aren't Star Wars fans think the story of Starkiller is great, but most Star Wars fans consider him a terrible character that ruins Star Wars. I'd agree, I think he completely removes the point of a lot of characters and ideas.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:09 pm

I didnt enjoy his rapport with Vader at all and I love Vader. I just discovered today that Kyle Katarn is in EaW. I havent used him yet though. I killed him with Vader actually
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:11 pm

Yeah haha, now that's a character.

He pretty much made Darth Vader, Lord of the Sith, look like nothing. It was pretty much a bad fanfiction when you think about it. A young troubled adult who was the most powerful Force User in the galaxy at the time, knows Darth Vader, and has a pointless love interest. Looking back on it, I do feel like it was just a glorified Fanfiction haha.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:16 pm

The fact that I don't really remember the plot at all is statement in itself. As a Literature major plot is usually my focus and all I remember about it is that he's Vader's pupil and is betrayed at some point.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:23 pm

Here is the plot in the Spoilers.

Spoiler:

The Plot, great isn't it?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 10:03 pm