Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
befowler
Reaperfan
Emergence
Serious_Much
Forum Pirate
berkut
PlasticandRage
Tolvo
12 posters

That's No Moon (Star Wars Thread)

Deadpool
    Deadpool
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : In front of my mirror thanking god for my sexy looks

That's No Moon  (Star Wars Thread) - Page 13 Empty Re: That's No Moon (Star Wars Thread)

Post by Deadpool Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:51 pm

Sooooo do you guys like star wars?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

That's No Moon  (Star Wars Thread) - Page 13 Empty Re: That's No Moon (Star Wars Thread)

Post by Tolvo Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:58 pm

Hmm, could be, could be. Have I mentioned I have three copies of Darth Bane: Path of Destruction?
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:55 pm

So I'm watching New Hope right now, and I noticed something I never have before. During the scene where Obi Wan is sneaking around in order to shut off the Death Star's tractor beam, he sneaks behind two storm troopers. One of them hears something and is like: "What was that?" and I'm pretty sure the other responds: "Swamp gas, don't worry about it."
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:56 pm

Haha, they probably didn't realize what he said haha. I always remember on the Tat scenes the shadows are always changing places and angles all the time because of filming at all the different times of day haha.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:11 pm

Deadpool wrote:Sooooo do you guys like star wars?

"Mesa think so"

btw i know virtually nothing about star wars, im not even sure thats a quote silly
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:12 pm

I try to repress everything Jar Jar, so I can't really say if it is or not. It sounds like the racist stereotype of a slave, so probably it is an actual quote from him.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:19 pm

Tolvo wrote:I try to repress everything Jar Jar, so I can't really say if it is or not. It sounds like the racist stereotype of a slave, so probably it is an actual quote from him.

"Yusa big dummy!" again, complete guess work.

btw, since i know everyone here loves episode I, i think ill just put in a nice video for you all

PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:45 pm

Despite popular opinion I don't have a problem with the new trilogy at all. Instead of taking them as an insult to the originals I try to view them as a tribute to them. I also loved Episode 3. I don't care what anyone says, I think it's close to being on par with the original films.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:52 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:Despite popular opinion I don't have a problem with the new trilogy at all. Instead of taking them as an insult to the originals I try to view them as a tribute to them. I also loved Episode 3. I don't care what anyone says, I think it's close to being on par with the original films.

and I also love episode I (not for being great I assure you, more of a nostalgic thing like pokemon or my vain hope Final Fantasy will get back on track silly) though I'm not sure how popular that opinion is among the guys in this thread :|
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:57 pm

Serious_Much wrote:
    Tolvo wrote:I try to repress everything Jar Jar, so I can't really say if it is or not. It sounds like the racist stereotype of a slave, so probably it is an actual quote from him.

"Yusa big dummy!" again, complete guess work.

btw, since i know everyone here loves episode I, i think ill just put in a nice video for you all

This video is fantastic. I love how when he's listing protagonists he's lists them all by character name but then finishes with Kevin Bacon. You definitely just brought a smile to my day
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:04 pm

Serious_Much wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:Despite popular opinion I don't have a problem with the new trilogy at all. Instead of taking them as an insult to the originals I try to view them as a tribute to them. I also loved Episode 3. I don't care what anyone says, I think it's close to being on par with the original films.

and I also love episode I (not for being great I assure you, more of a nostalgic thing like pokemon or my vain hope Final Fantasy will get back on track silly) though I'm not sure how popular that opinion is among the guys in this thread :|

While Pokemon was something that I was already too old to get into when it came out I don't hold any particular view towards it, however I also am holding out hope that Squaresoft will remove their collective heads from their @$$es. FF13 was a damn travesty IMO. I bought it new, owned it for about a month, then sold it for about a third as much as I paid for it and used the money to buy a used copy of Oblivion, and I don't regret that decision at all. If they do a remake of FF6 in the style that they've remade the ones before it they will be at least partially redeemed in my eyes. The problem, in my humble opinion, is the logic in absorbing Enix and putting their programers to work on Square projects. Lets examine that logic: a company whose only really known for creating games that are mediocre, at best, is going under because of their propensity for creating such a s$^t product. So as their successful competition you buy them out to save their company, not a morally horrible decision, but then you put their programmers, responsible for creating the crap that was causing their company to go under in the first place, to work on the series that cause your successful company to do well. Such sound logic.

Don't get me wrong, Enix has been responsible for a few games that were moderately enjoyable, Illusion of Gaia for example, but none of them were on par with games like FF6-10, Xenogears, FFtactics, the Chrono series, Secret of Mana, really anything Square produced before absorbing them.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:08 pm

Plastic.... You know that enix was primarily a publisher right? (at least in the recent years before their merger with Square)
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:10 pm

I don't really know anything about them, except that once Square became SquareEnix game series that I had previously enjoyed started to become unbearable
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:14 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:I don't really know anything about them, except that once Square became SquareEnix game series that I had previously enjoyed started to become unbearable

...I don't think anything they produced was bad or could even be considered below par until they brought out XIII, to me XII was excellent too. However instead of flushing out the open world and monster encounter system, they chose to flush out the other main development in the game- combat 'gambits' and made it into completely automated combat.

Some good choices made by the development team there.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:36 pm

I can't disagree with that. I never played FF11 but I did really enjoy 12 also. It seems like Square is so absorbed with trying to be cutting edge, like trying to develop things that have never been done before, and trying to make their games graphically top of the pile, which they definitely tend to do, that they're losing sight of what actually makes a game enjoyable. I remember popping in FF13 and being totally blown away by the intro, in fact I even took it to a friends house almost immediately after watching it so that I could share it with him too, but then as soon as the initial battle is over and you have control of your character it just falls apart. There's no longer player initiated dialog with random NPCs, that one really had a big hand in my initial opinion. As well as removing towns, at least in the 30 some odd hours I played for before selling it. As far as I could tell there weren't even really choices to be made as far as alternate routes. You were essentially on a rail in your exploration.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:39 pm

Indeed. And it's different to the Final Fantasy X 'pilgrimage' route where you go through on a set course for majority of the game, but there's random stuff to do and you can do a bit of exploration/mini games etc. There is literally NOTHING in XIII, it really disappointed me in the respect that in battle you did nothing hardly, and in exploration you get one area with the only sidequest, which once you move on from it you can never go back to anyway :|

There wasn't even the game unique mini game like triple triad or blitzball... Then again in XII there wasn't one either, and the only side quests were monster hunting, i guess from that point the seeds were sown.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:44 pm

At least in FFX they developed the plot elements of the pilgrimage enough to not only make you care about progressing the story on a singular route, but they did it in such a way that, at least for me, you were excited to see what was around the bend. FF13 jumps in with such a complicated plot so immediately that I found myself caring about it less and less, and that's when I actually knew what was going on.

Like they developed Spira to be such a complex, beautiful, living world that as a player it was an exciting thing to explore it. I can't even remember what the world in FF13 was called. I wasn't made to care about it at all.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:58 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:

Like they developed Spira to be such a complex, beautiful, living world that as a player it was an exciting thing to explore it. I can't even remember what the world in FF13 was called. I wasn't made to care about it at all.

I think it didn't help that there was virtually no tragedy in XIII. If you put the main plot point as "Relieve the pain of spira" with some nice plot points too in there or your home in Midgar is destroyed after your hometown was destroyed, oh and the story's main love interest dies too only like a 1/4-1/3 of the way through, compared to "I want to save my sister".... really? :|

The plot starts too thick and fast, in every other final fantasy I've played, the plot slowly develops and comes to light after a while, not immediately and often centers on completely different things to begin with.

XIII tried to be different but failed in doing so. It spawned a sequel from disappointment (seriously how does that work) which still made the same massive errors that it's prequel did.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:34 pm

Yeah I haven't even thought about checking out the sequel. I have no interest whatsoever. I'm not exactly sure what the logic behind that one is either. After the whole X-2 travesty I don't know that I'd pay for a FF-2 again anyway. Except of course for FF2, which is awesome. Way better than FF13 in my book.
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:54 am

Interesting to note, I have just been informed that Aaron Allston is writing a new X-Wing novel called Mercy Kill. It is set after the most recent set of books in the future section of the timeline. Just thought some of you might be interested.
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:23 am

FF XIII was more like the movie Avatar for me...awesome to literally look at, but far from the greatest anything else.

Never played any other FF.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:28 pm

BLASPHEMY!
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:18 pm

Pretty much. Demon's Souls was the first RPG I really liked...never cared for turn based combat since I played Pokemon, and I didn't even like Zelda games once they went 3-D.

I guess playing D&D from like 6th-9th grades kinda held me over?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:02 pm

I'll admit, I don't really like any of the FF games either, the story just couldn't keep me interested. Pokemon I enjoyed for a small time, but it just was the same old same old with each game coming out so I just stopped caring. The 3D Zeldas are some of my favourite ones, but I also really enjoyed the Game Boy versions. DnD, I can't count how many characters I've played as in that game. I really miss it, I wish I knew anyone around here who played.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:36 pm

should I say it again? I could. Really.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:47 am