Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
WaffleGuy
Soul of Stray Demon
Kiva the wanderer
7 posters

Deep down potentially good game with a terrible company

Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Deep down potentially good game with a terrible company Empty Deep down potentially good game with a terrible company

Post by Kiva the wanderer Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:23 pm

Now im uncertain on this game
    I like the look of the Engine, the graphics are truly next gen, the gameplay ..... i cant say for certain if i like or dislike it, the combat looks clunky and awkward but that might just be me but my biggest issue with this game is two things.
    Capcom and a required network connection.
    Capcom are known for consumer unfriendly practices and relying on DLC, i dont want them making this game they will nickel and dime you aswell as complicate the state of the games playability.
    Well thats my issues with the game, am i reasonable or biased here?
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Deep down potentially good game with a terrible company Empty Re: Deep down potentially good game with a terrible company

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:26 pm

Kiva the wanderer wrote:Now im uncertain on this game
    I like the look of the Engine, the graphics are truly next gen, the gameplay ..... i cant say for certain if i like or dislike it, the combat looks clunky and awkward  but that might just be me but my biggest issue with this game is two things.
    Capcom are known for consumer unfriendly practices and relying on DLC, i dont want them making this game they will nickel and dime you aswell as complicate the state of the games playability.
    Big Question.

What game are you referring to?
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Deep down potentially good game with a terrible company Empty Re: Deep down potentially good game with a terrible company

Post by Kiva the wanderer Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:27 pm

Soul of Stray Demon wrote:
    I like the look of the Engine, the graphics are truly next gen, the gameplay ..... i cant say for certain if i like or dislike it, the combat looks clunky and awkward  but that might just be me but my biggest issue with this game is two things.
    Big Question.

Deep down , its in my badly punctuated title :L
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:30 pm

Kiva the wanderer wrote:
    Soul of Stray Demon wrote:
    Big Question.

Deep down , its in my badly punctuated title :L
    Oh, sorry, I think that needs to be more clear. It's so hard to understand.
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:35 pm

well what do you think of what i think?
    WaffleGuy
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by WaffleGuy Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:08 pm

Hi, stupid guy here. I'd like to know the title and my guessing is always wrong.
    Thanks silly
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:25 pm

Deep down , it looks good but capcom is running the show.
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:38 am

I'm in the same boat. It looks good but Capcom isn't known to be that great of a company so I'm hesitant to say if I will buy it or not.
    lonewolf
    lonewolf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lonewolf Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:51 am

capcom is really dependant on dlc that is often alredy on the disk, so i am scared what they will do with deep down.
    but be redy to be disepointed and buying keys to unlock even the most basic of things.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:04 am

The game looks like Capcom tried to combine Resident Evil and Dragon's Dogma, but were too lazy designing locations, so they made a randomizer instead. I haven't see those since Persona 3.

I wonder how fighting with a sword looks, because I only saw spear poking. Baing able to aim at a particular part of the enemy is nice, but it feels like a shooter, not an RPG. I wonder how this system allows the player to handle multiple enemies and blocking.

As for the random dungeons. I have yet to see a game that has this feature done properly. Most of the time you get the same locations over and over again with a different area layout. It doesn;t matter if the dungeon has shuffled rooms, it still looks the same and is boring. The idea is good, but I never even heard of a developer studio that would actually put some effort into making this work so that you don't feel like it's just a polygon lego.
    xenon_nobelium
    xenon_nobelium
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by xenon_nobelium Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:18 am

1. it's free to play. so expect lots of stuff to require real money (psn points) investment. kind of a dealbreaker, maybe they pull it off right (see warframe).
    2. randomized dungeons and enemys. now that is huge for me, i love me some roguelike games (not talking about rogue legacy or spelunky).
    3. gameplay and character development. almost seen nothing about this, make or break here.

i'm less euphoric then i was when it was announced, too many factors than need clarification. but i'll definitely check it out and hope that it'll turn out as good as i'm hoping.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:56 pm