Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

The Great Doors

Wabisuke92
    Wabisuke92

The Great Doors Empty The Great Doors

Post by Wabisuke92 Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:01 pm

When the interview about the pendant came out, saying that the pendant was for a lot more then just the conversation bit you get with  Reah of Thorolund and should be picked as your starting gift, i started looking around the game for any area, door, or anywhere i may have not been before with the pendant as my gift. 

One thing i found and is probably completely unrelated to the pendant was the door to the Kiln of the First Flame is not the only door that looked the was it did. There is another door in game that is identical to the one you use to access the kiln. nail biting 

The second door is located in the room where you fight the demon centipede boss (which seems to be quite large for no reason). It is a large stone door cracked down the middle just like the one that access the kiln. Mage 

Has anyone else noticed this and tried anyways of opening the door.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

The Great Doors Empty Re: The Great Doors

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:19 pm

Wabisuke92 wrote:When the interview about the pendant came out, saying that the pendant was for a lot more then just the conversation bit you get with  Reah of Thorolund and should be picked as your starting gift, i started looking around the game for any area, door, or anywhere i may have not been before with the pendant as my gift. 

One thing i found and is probably completely unrelated to the pendant was the door to the Kiln of the First Flame is not the only door that looked the was it did. There is another door in game that is identical to the one you use to access the kiln. nail biting 

The second door is located in the room where you fight the demon centipede boss (which seems to be quite large for no reason). It is a large stone door cracked down the middle just like the one that access the kiln. Mage 

Has anyone else noticed this and tried anyways of opening the door.
    People have looked at the game code. It is confirmed the Pendant does nothing, and that there are no more hidden areas. This game has actually been examined and combed through many times, a lot of the new things being discovered isn't actual data, but more like neat tricks or super small little things.

That was actually something many people were very curious about a while ago, but they tried and tried and no could find anything to do with it. We do know however that Lost Izalith is one of the areas they didn't get to do all they wanted to with, so it may be dummied-out content.
    Wabisuke92
    Wabisuke92

Post by Wabisuke92 Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:25 pm

Gotcha, i could see that. But if thats the case i wonder what materiel was taken out being that those 2 doors resemble each other so much. Just something to think about.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:27 pm

Wabisuke92 wrote:Gotcha, i could see that. But if thats the case i wonder what materiel was taken out being that those 2 doors resemble each other so much. Just something to think about.
    Well maybe it wasn't originally going to be similar and they just ran out of time and adapted it out of an already used template.
    Wabisuke92
    Wabisuke92

Post by Wabisuke92 Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:30 pm

Yea but you would think that they would use something beside the door you use to get to the main boss fight of the game in a game thats all about making small connections to make the lore. If that was the case that could have easily made it a solid wall.
    The_Red_Drifter
    The_Red_Drifter
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by The_Red_Drifter Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:23 pm

More than likely wanted to do something cool with it, and never got the chance. Izalith just reeks of lazy copypaste anyways.

Actually, looking at the door, the crack tends to waver much more than the Kiln's door.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:57 pm