Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Sneezer
reim0027
TheMeInTeam
Shakie666
Serious_Much
Leet
Marino.
The Letter X
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Rynn
Soul of Stray Demon
15 posters

An opinion on Fairness and Morality with PvP.

Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

An opinion on Fairness and Morality with PvP.  - Page 3 Empty Re: An opinion on Fairness and Morality with PvP.

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:37 pm

Zeta Prime wrote:^ true.

I knew it wasn't originally on pc im just saying that the pc people should have known what they where headed into when they bought it. if I'm playing a game on pc I'm ready for the inevitability of a multitude of hackers.

Iv been playing dark souls since day one and maybe I'm just lucky but i haven't really fought any hackers.. unless you call that glitch with Twop hacking.. but I think it was just a glitch.

I've fought against several hackers, even on the Xbox... It's not just limited to the pc at all. While it should be expected, that doesn't change the fact it's annoying.
    Solid_WolF
    Solid_WolF

An opinion on Fairness and Morality with PvP.  - Page 3 Empty Re: An opinion on Fairness and Morality with PvP.

Post by Solid_WolF Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:39 pm

Treat people the way you want to be treated. That's always been one of my main principles in life and in Online gaming I make no exception.

With that said, Duels and Invasions are different things. And I don't expect people to follow the same principles I do in either of them.

In invasions I consider everything to be fair game, as such I hold no grudges to invaders or hosts that choose to do something "Cheap" to me as long as they aren't flat out cheating.

Duels are a different story though, and I hope my opponent has at least some common decency during those.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:41 pm

PC is the worst platform for Dark Souls, i know you can hack the Consoles too but on PC it takes 5 Minutes tops to hack the game and deck you out with everything you ever need .

Or use a Trainer which is even easier to use .

And because of that PC Dark Souls sucks monkey f*ck . And texture mods don't make up for that .

I'm definately staying on PS3
    Zeta Prime
    Zeta Prime
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zeta Prime Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:45 pm

^
    cheers to that one.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:15 pm

I completely disagree with you, Zeta. You talk about a rush of a good scrappy fight. Having a rush with a hacked invincible toon that can one-shot everything is NOT a good scrappy fight.

About the "you paid money for it" argument, I agree to an extent. Play it how you want, without cheating and breaking the rules. Even if someone doesn't rule break and still plays like a d-bag, they can't expect people to like it, or respect them. So, they get what they deserve.

And, rules are rules. They can't enforce them all the time. That doesn't mean you don't have to follow them. Seriously, if you knew the police couldn't respond, would you still steal a car? Would you violate the rules here, if you knew there were no mods/admins around or wouldn't be caught?? Rules are rules.
    Zeta Prime
    Zeta Prime
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zeta Prime Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:33 pm

Reim

firstly, I would like to say that in my original post that I never had the intention of talking about hackers i didn't even mention them... I was talking more about the fighting in general. I never really wanted to start talking about hackers until it was brought up and even then.. i just want some people to understand that.

secondly, I don't think hacking in a video game compares with car theft. and i don't think pining this rule thing on me is fair anyways, if you aren't going to enforce your rules what do expect is going to happen? I'll take a look at the game Diablo II.. as soon as blizzard released DIII hackers went nuts in D2.. it's just how it was.. it's how it works. there are always people that are going to hack.. and if nothing is done to stop them, they will hack.. it is inevitable no matter what the rules say. I understand that it ruins the fun for a lot of people but, if the developers don't care and if the hackers are having fun with it then what can we do?

We've seen that the Forum's rules do need enforcing. The Spam, The suicide thread, I've posted some stuff that you've taken off before (rightly so). Without you the Forum go-ers wouldn't be following the rules. winking 
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:35 pm

Please explain how they would enforce hackers. Who has time for all of that. I'd rather have them focused on patches and making the game better. Rather than dwelling on something that "you can do nothing about" as you said.
    Zeta Prime
    Zeta Prime
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zeta Prime Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:43 pm

I'm not a computer savvy developer so I don't think I could explain to you how certain gaming companies are able to monitor their servers for hackers. I can raise Diablo II as an example though. every few months they would Ban a lot of game abusers CD-Keys and accounts

I also never said that they should dwell on that. by saying "you can do nothing about" I kind of meant That it should be left alone. For a few posts now I said there is no point complaining about it because nothing is going to be done about it.. so I don't really know where your coming from.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:48 pm

they mentioned prior to even releasing the PC version that they would not be wasting recources on policing it.

Sony and Microsoft are supposed to police the games on the consoles, but they don't. From could outright report the people that are doing things wrong themself, and they would fix nothing.

Recently Dave Chapelle went on tour, and he stopped telling jokes and went on smoke break after 5 minutes, because half the audience was refusing to shut up or stop screaming memes from his previous works; and when he requested they stopped people simply responded they paid to be here; they could do what they want.

You paid to play Dark Souls inside the rules and restrictions the game was given to you with. The X-box/PS3 ToS says you paid to use an X-box within their rules and restrictions, the audience of that show paid to be an audience to a comedy skit, and then disrupted the show; in all these cases paying for a product does not mean you can now do anything you want with it.

When you paid for a gun, you paid to use a gun within the rules and restrictions upon it; and when you paid for dark souls, you did the same.

That means you can gank, use TWoP, cast pursuers 5 times then black crystal out, or do whatever you want, but you must follow the ToS, and hacking is not doing that.
    Zeta Prime
    Zeta Prime
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zeta Prime Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:55 pm

I...I know.. I know that It's wrong.

I've said that already. I'm just trying to say that the rules don't really exist because.. simply put. lots of people are ignoring them. again I don't think comparing the rules of a game with those of gun registration is fair.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:10 pm

@Zeta - I know the analogy is extreme, but I strongly feel that rules are rules. It doesn't matter if there is no around to make someone follow them. It is incumbent on everyone to force yourself to follow the rules. To quote John Wooden: "The true test of a man’s character is what he does when no one is watching."
    Zeta Prime
    Zeta Prime
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zeta Prime Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:25 pm

Yeah, rules are rules... no matter who follows them or not. I guess I don't know what else I have to say because over and over again I've been questioned about things I never really wanted to talk about in the first place. People will be people, I've never really allowed myself to get angry at a hacker or anything.. I've just gotten used to them. Yes it is morally wrong.. but in the end I could really care less. If they are having fun with a game they purchased than good on them. I'm not going to let it ruin my day. i got tons of stuff doing that already tongue
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:48 pm

Fair enough.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 9:59 am