Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Icegodzilla
Latitoast
tigab95
homelessguy
Soul of Stray Demon
GrinTwist
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Zeta Prime
TheMeInTeam
Hatsune Miku
WaffleGuy
Reaperfan
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
17 posters

i can't find a thread on pokemon so... i'll make one.

WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

i can't find a thread on pokemon so... i'll make one. - Page 2 Empty Re: i can't find a thread on pokemon so... i'll make one.

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:18 am

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mewtwo_(M16)
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

i can't find a thread on pokemon so... i'll make one. - Page 2 Empty Re: i can't find a thread on pokemon so... i'll make one.

Post by Latitoast Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:13 am

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:@Stray - Of course we all love the show for its cheesiness, there's a site that writes some pretty entertaining episode summaries (some, not all hit their mark), it's called Pokemopolis.

- Maybe, Totodile never really stood out to me so I can't say I'm with you on that one, mate.

- I think that mega Mewtwo thing is confirmed to be in the game, I remember reading something about it. As if he needed to be more OP.
    Try a Mewtwo with buffs in each stat

I've played against people who would just keep baton passing until he has +6 in his stats, it's impossible to defeat

Buff starts are so strong starting with a taunt user is a very viable start on a team
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:37 pm

Latitoast wrote:
    WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:@Stray - Of course we all love the show for its cheesiness, there's a site that writes some pretty entertaining episode summaries (some, not all hit their mark), it's called Pokemopolis.

- Maybe, Totodile never really stood out to me so I can't say I'm with you on that one, mate.

- I think that mega Mewtwo thing is confirmed to be in the game, I remember reading something about it. As if he needed to be more OP.
    Try a Mewtwo with buffs in each stat

I've played against people who would just keep baton passing until he has +6 in his stats, it's impossible to defeat

Buff starts are so strong starting with a taunt user is a very viable start on a team
    Moves like haze, roar, dragon tail are good vs baton pass teams too. Only a couple pokes have abilities that prevent phazing.
    homelessguy
    Casual
    Casual

Post by homelessguy Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:56 pm

the only thing I don't like about 6th gen is that the mega evolution's are rip off digimon.
    I mean let's look about how digimon transform to there mega form.

digimon trainer use a digi watch and stone/crest that the owner activates to unleash full power in a  digimon. they transform into ball like egg from that egg the mega hatches. mega evolutions' are that strong digimon could only transform into them for so long

now the Pokémon version
    trainer uses a poke-watch and a stone to grant Pokémon power in this transformation the Pokémon transforms into a ball/egg. the Pokémon mega form is so strong they can only stay that form for 1 battle

it's such a copy and paste yet Pokémon fan's defend it to the hill. Not bashing Pokémon as it one of my fav's but some Pokémon fan's are worse than hard-core cod kid's =( but as for 6th gen I like it so far hope goodra is not the 600 base stat dragon as he not as badass as the other 600 base stat dragon's
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:15 pm

Taunt works better in all situations

If they start Skarmory to throw out spikes, you can taunt it to stop the spikes and force a switch if it has no good moves, which means free damage

It can stop buffs before they start buffing

It's more versatile, a buffed Pokemon should be ohko'ing you before you can haze
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:20 pm

What with Mega Absol, and it's ability Magic Bounce... It may become a new uber just because of that.
    tigab95
    tigab95
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by tigab95 Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:51 pm

Ok , this is si amazing : I had a pokemion batle with cleverbot ! here is a quote of it :

Me :Onyx use earthquake !
    Cleverbot :Blastoise use hydro pump!
    Me: Eevee use bite !
    Cleverbot :It's effective! Victini used victoy star!
    Me : Gengar use mean look !
    Cleverbot : Missingno used 2518jkfvu.

Omg ! he even used Missingno against me ! this is so awesome ! And before that he killed my pikachu silly

try it ! http://www.cleverbot.com/ Ive just said Pikachu I choose you ! And it all started big grin
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:55 pm

Going to try it!

EDIT: Metronome broke him.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:18 am

ser: Pikachu I choose you.

Cleverbot: Golem I choose you!

User: Return Pikachu, Go Blastoise.

Cleverbot: Groudon, use Crunch!

User: Cheater.

Cleverbot: How is that cheating?

User: This was a single battle, and you didn't even swap out your pokemon.

Cleverbot: Thank you! What's your name?

BTW Magikarp is so OP.

Cleverbot: Magikarp is immune to pokeballs.

Cleverbot: Magikarp uses Death touch!

User: Pikachu Use thunder.

Cleverbot: Magikarp fainted.

User: Go Squirtle.

Cleverbot: Pikachu used thunder.

Cleverbot: Pikachu used thunder.

User: It's not effective?

Cleverbot: Pikachu return! I choose you Onix!

User: Squirtle Use Hydro Pump.

Well, with total disregard to the actual mechanics, that was quite fun.

Last edited by Soul of Stray Demon on Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:20 am

He did the same thing to me

He went from Geodude to Charizard

And he dodges all my attacks, even the ones that can't miss like Shock Wave
    tigab95
    tigab95
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by tigab95 Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:21 am

Cleverbot is such a cheater  twistedevil

and he killed my Pikachu .... sad
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:25 am

I discovered a new type of pokemon.

From the Internet Region.

User: I choose you CleverBOT.

Cleverbot: I am a Pokémon?
    tigab95
    tigab95
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by tigab95 Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:27 am

Soul of Stray Demon wrote:I discovered a new type of pokemon.

From the Internet Region.

User: I choose you CleverBOT.

Cleverbot: I am a Pokémon?
    Is it a fairy type ?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:33 am

It's a Mahou Shoujo type.
    tigab95
    tigab95
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by tigab95 Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:37 am

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:It's a Mahou Shoujo type.

silly silly:P:P silly:P:P:P:P:P:P
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:26 am

Latitoast wrote:Taunt works better in all situations

If they start Skarmory to throw out spikes, you can taunt it to stop the spikes and force a switch if it has no good moves, which means free damage

It can stop buffs before they start buffing

It's more versatile, a buffed Pokemon should be ohko'ing you before you can haze
    There's a reason these moves tend to be carried on dedicated physical or special defensive walls.  Skarmory is a good example; they frequently carry whirlwind and most of the physical sweepers who use swords dance can't really hit a max hp/defense skarmory very effectively.  Then you have crap like blissey which when EV'd specially defensive (admittedly somewhat risky but a good idea in ubers) can easily take +2 or even +4 hits and slap a twave or toxic on it.

Usually setup moves are saved for later in the game for a reason.  You need to work those walls down first, often with a mix of entry hazards (derp) and prediction.

What with Mega Absol, and it's ability Magic Bounce... It may become a new uber just because of that.
    Heck no.  It *might* make OU (though xatu didn't), no chance at all of being uber.  While it has good attack and sucker punch, it's too slow and is frail.  Being weak or ineffective to 2 of the more common typings (fighting and steel respectively), you'd be banking on pursuit trapping...but the things you can realistically pursuit trap are not hazard pokemon.  Things like tyranitaur, ferrothorn, skarmory, and quite a few other stealth rockers could and probably would just attack predicting the switch-in, and kill or badly maim absol.  At least espeon has a deeper move pool and good support moves.  It's nice to avoid moves like toxic/twave with a sweeper, but I don't think it gets out of UU if victini can't even get out of UU.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:43 pm

He's got a pretty good point on Absol

While it's easily one of my favorite pokemon, probably in the top 10 somewhere, it's absolutely garbage when you play online, and it can be weak even when you play it in the games, especially 3rd gen since Dark type moves were special attacks
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:00 pm

I was putting Mega Absol up as an Uber, because it's not regular Absol. It's a stronger version, so we have no clue how much it's stats would actually be bumped up right? And it's main strong point would be Magic Bounce. It deflects Stealth Rock, and does the damage to the other pokemon instead. When you can turn the most overpowered move against the opponent, it has some great potential right there.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:40 pm

Unless its mega form can take hits though, and MUCH better than current version of absol, it's just going to get attacked by the stealth rocker when they predict a switch-in.

Aside from magic bounce, what does absol provide that we don't get from espeon or xatu? It's not a plausible sweeper even in OU (let alone uber lol), its stats are awful for a wall/defensive set unless mega changes them, and its STAB + limited coverage make it questionable. A predicted entry hazard usage would be great on the switch, but you can do that with literally any of the pokes with magic bounce dream world...and espeon has screens, morning sun, a much better hidden power (due to being a special attacker), and even slightly better offensive coverage outside of HP.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:45 pm

Well, from what I can find, these are it's base stats

HP: 65

Attack: 150

Defense: 60

Special Attack: 115

Special Defense: 60

Speed: 115

Ability: Magic Bounce

Looks like it's going to be a Glass Cannon like pokemon. Probably not the type of pokemon to swap for, but instead put in after one of yours faints. So it gets the magic bounce damage off, and then pretty much K.OS the opposing pokemon.

Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:37 pm

Soul of Stray Demon wrote:I was putting Mega Absol up as an Uber, because it's not regular Absol. It's a stronger version, so we have no clue how much it's stats would actually be bumped up right? And it's main strong point would be Magic Bounce. It deflects Stealth Rock, and does the damage to the other pokemon instead. When you can turn the most overpowered move against the opponent, it has some great potential right there.
    Not at all

The stealth rocker just attacks because Absol has no defense
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:39 pm

Latitoast wrote:
    Soul of Stray Demon wrote:I was putting Mega Absol up as an Uber, because it's not regular Absol. It's a stronger version, so we have no clue how much it's stats would actually be bumped up right? And it's main strong point would be Magic Bounce. It deflects Stealth Rock, and does the damage to the other pokemon instead. When you can turn the most overpowered move against the opponent, it has some great potential right there.
    Not at all

The stealth rocker just attacks because Absol has no defense
    Mega Absol has some good speed and attack.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:50 am

sooo.. i've been playing x version. and mega charizard x is fire/dragon, and the fire type negates the fairy weakness its just a matter of how to get him in as stealth rocks seem unchanged... any way im looking forward to getting a mega alakazam, banette or pinsir! sadly i haven't reached post game yet.

so who's your favorite 6th gen poke?  mines... either pangoro or carbink
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:33 am

Soul of Stray Demon wrote:Well, from what I can find, these are it's base stats

HP: 65

Attack: 150

Defense: 60

Special Attack: 115

Special Defense: 60

Speed: 115

Ability: Magic Bounce

Looks like it's going to be a Glass Cannon like pokemon. Probably not the type of pokemon to swap for, but instead put in after one of yours faints. So it gets the magic bounce damage off, and then pretty much K.OS the opposing pokemon.

Magic bounce is only relevant if your opponent actually uses stealth rock while knowing you have a poke that has it.  Don't count on that if you're playing anyone who's actually going to be difficult to beat.  You might predict them correctly sometimes and switch this guy in on it, but sometimes you'll just be down a poke.

65/60 hp/defenses is tissue paper.  Absol mega is still a pure glass cannon, though thankfully he was given some speed at least.

Much more so than magic bounce, the draw here is the 150 atk + 115 speed.  I think that will send him into OU, and he'll see SOME usage in uber possibily, but he won't be uber.  Remember, espeon is 130 special attack and has the same speed IIRC, and espeon has more moves and item freedom...and never even sniffed the possibility of ubers.  Absol won't either, not when it can't switch in on anything it doesn't resist (and even on some things it does), can't outspeed basic scarf sets, doesn't resist any entry hazard once it's up (making prediction games dangerous), and has absolutely nothing for dedicated physical walls like skarmory.

Examples of why he will stay OU:

- Enemy switches in tyranitaur, a known stealth rocker.  Rather than stealth rock, ttaur just uses STAB stone edge; if you switch in absol, you're down 1 pokemon.
    - Same thing with ferrothorn, who is known for hazards but could easily just gyro ball or power whip you.
    - Enemy switches in skarmory.  Rather than using spikes, uses whirlwind or brave bird.
    - You've successfully set up a swords dance!  Your opponent brings in a wall and uses knock off.
    - You've successfully set up a swords dance!  Your opponent switches in, say, a heracross while you did so.  Now what?  If he's scarfed, you're dead.
    - I'm not sure how absol handle scizor, one of the most common OUs ever.  Scizor could easily go swords dance ---> bullet punch, and resists dark stab easily.  Banded scizor's bullet punch would nearly kill an offensive mega absol anyway.

None of this is to take away what a basic attacking set on 150/115 can do.  It's a threat and people would have to take it into consideration, but I don't see how this is much more threatening than crap like scizor, lucario, or powerful scarfed physical sweepers.  Dark's limitations means that occasionally something like starmie or jolteon would be more threatening as an end-game sweeper.  Life orb dream world alakazam hurts like a mofo too and is even faster, and while he'd lose head-to-head due to sucker punch he'd be able to kill things absol couldn't.

Mega absol is probably just OU.
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:27 pm

I got Poke'mon Y yesterday. Am I late?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:55 pm