Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
befowler
jaythibodeau
retro
7 posters

miracle resonance broken again? (PS3)

retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

miracle resonance broken again? (PS3) Empty miracle resonance broken again? (PS3)

Post by retro Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:19 pm

It seems that they've disappeared once again, leaving one 'perma' location in the Darkroot Forest:
    miracle resonance broken again? (PS3) Ot4z5mf

Is anyone on PS3 currently finding any resonance signs other than the exact spot seen in the picture?

I fear this is just like when resonance was broken during patch 1.05, and we had two 'perma' signs in the catacombs. It seems that other players are creating and sending out resonance signs, but they teleport to only one or two fixed locations instead of where they're supposed to be.
    jaythibodeau
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

miracle resonance broken again? (PS3) Empty Re: miracle resonance broken again? (PS3)

Post by jaythibodeau Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:44 pm

I can confirm that the Resonance Ring in the picture is the only one that I can seem to find. Any idea as to when this started?
    befowler
    befowler

miracle resonance broken again? (PS3) Empty Re: miracle resonance broken again? (PS3)

Post by befowler Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:48 pm

I haven't seen any in the DLC areas or Anor Londo in days, maybe a week.
    retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:48 pm

jaythibodeau wrote:I can confirm that the Resonance Ring in the picture is the only one that I can seem to find. Any idea as to when this started?
    I'm not sure, unfortunately. Most of my recent Dark Souls playing over the last couple weeks has been offline, unfortunately.

Now that I think about, I wasn't seeing any resonance rings when I was doing some more Vagrant testing-- and that was back on Oct 24th. Could be coincidence or I may be misremembering, but it seems possible this could be almost a couple weeks old.

If any twitch streamers have logged video of online gameplay within the last couple weeks, that could help...
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:19 am

Does it have to do with less people playing this game?
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:28 am

After I went back online after doing my Unpatched playthrough I had to apply a new patch from PSN. I bet it broke then and I don't think From Software will give us another patch for the game.

How about the Xbox or PC players? Do they still see the rings?

I started the Unpatched playthrough on Sept. 22nd and finished it on Oct. 15th. Somewhere in there we lost it.
    PyroElleh
    PyroElleh
    Casual
    Casual

Post by PyroElleh Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:02 pm

I've seen them behaving normally on PC. One for sure in Anor Londo three days ago. I have not paid attention on my last couple of short sessions.

So unless something has happened in just a couple days..... it would appear to be platform-specific.

And stuff breaking is lame. :C
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:49 pm

I'm doing my first play through in a long time, and it's the only one I've seen the whole time. It's been there since I first stepped into the forest too.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:15 am

I'd rather lose the rings than deal with flickering again. Not to be a kill-joy, but the flickering COULD begin again... That was the pattern from the past, right? We lose the rings, flickering begins.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:46 pm

That's fair. The flickering was pretty obnoxious.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:43 pm

Is there a way to test to see if the rings are there, but invisible? I suppose it would take two friends who are each a faith guy. One would cast a miracle and his friend (not in the same game) at the same spot would cast the miracle and try to judge if the miracle was boosted.

Then, there could be a time delay, too, as the ring is recognized and generated.
    retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:47 pm

I believe they're completely gone and not just invisible.

To test this, you can run around with a miracle like Force, Heal, or WoG equipped and watch to see if you get the boost icon (easier to see if you don't have your talisman equipped and the miracle is greyed-out in the HUD). There used to be lots of resonance rings in the Burg PvP spot when it worked. If you stand there now and watch "Force" in your HUD for a while, it seems you won't ever see the boost indication pop up. The boost indication itself still works, but not the resonance rings, so no indication means they're truly not there.

Testing miracle resonance rings with a partner can be tricky, though! I tried to do some testing and couldn't really figure it out. I wanted to know the exact mechanics (if there's a level range, which miracles exactly are capable of spawning the rings, what kind of a delay it has)... but what resulted was inconsistent and difficult to decipher. It felt like sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. I had some more ideas for maybe improving my testing, but I can't do that now. :p

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:42 pm