Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Invasion Glitch

PyroElleh
    PyroElleh
    Casual
    Casual

Invasion Glitch Empty Invasion Glitch

Post by PyroElleh Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:05 am

So I just invaded for the first time!  Only.....

It was on accident.

My char is lvl 25, and I left my white sign by the Depths bonfire while I farmed rats.  Everything was running smoothly (not to mention the fact that a lot of people were active tonight!  On PC!  Weee!), when out of the blue "Invading another world as a Dark Spirit" started flashing on my screen.  I should have just quit the game, but before I knew it I was rising from my white sign as a red phantom!

There was a guy at the other end of the bonfire room wielding a Black Knight Greatsword.  He almost immediately started attacking me.  I... assumed he was a hacker, preying on n00bs who just wanted a bit of co-op.  So I slaughtered him rather viciously with my scythe.

But there were a couple things wrong:
    1) He had decent HP, but he went down very easily.  You'd imagine a hacker would just insta kill me or have infinite health.
    2) If he was really trying to beat-up on newbies, it would seem kind of dumb to choose the one with the Great Scythe.  Granted, my armor was start-gear.... but.  Great Scythe.

I sent him a "WTF was that?" message after the fight.  (Still thinking something smelled fishy.)  After chatting with him for a bit, I found out he was just as confused as I was.

Apparently, the guy had been fog-walled like he was about to be invaded.  But no invader appeared, and he was annoyed that he couldn't use the bonfire.  In desperation, he touched my summon sign to see if it'd help (somehow).  It helped.  Because after I killed him everything reset. :|

I apologized for killing him.  (I would have just left if I knew what was happening..... or if he like..... didn't try to attack me.  I'll just chalk it up to shock.) Thankfully he was very cool about the whole thing, and we had ourselves a chuckle.

And I got me some extra humanity and souls.  Eheh.  whyyyyyy?! I'm a murderer! Nuuuuu!

Guys - does this happen?  This occurred on the PC version, but has it happened on other systems?

Very strange night, this was.
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Invasion Glitch Empty Re: Invasion Glitch

Post by Icegodzilla Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:40 am

nothing like that has happened to me, but on xbox when i darkmoon there has been about two times i invaded in as a white phantom.

My guess is the game treated your white sign like a red sign.
    PyroElleh
    PyroElleh
    Casual
    Casual

Post by PyroElleh Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:52 am

Icegodzilla wrote:nothing like that has happened to me, but on xbox when i darkmoon there has been about two times i invaded in as a white phantom.

My guess is the game treated your white sign like a red sign.  
    Oh wow! That's really weird, too.

Maybe occasionally something funky happens if too many phantoms are trying to connect with a host at the same time. I mean, this guy was seemingly in the process of being invaded when he attempted to summon me. Maybe when you invaded as a white, the host had touched a white sign and was waiting for the summon to complete.

Or something. Weirdness.
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:25 pm

it could be
    idk i think it could be a lot of things, I'm no game designer lol
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:36 pm

I've used red eyes orbs before, and been summoned as a white phantom.

The game just sometimes messes up what you are being summoned as. It's not a case of hacking.. just a glitch.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:05 pm

This has happened to me on at least 80 occasions before. I either forcibly co-op by invading as a white phantom, or I spawn as a red when I was coming in via the cat covenant. Etc Etc Etc... It's not actually THAT uncommon of a bug. If you play 8+ hours a day, like I tended to. You'll see it usually two or three times a week.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:34 pm

Yeah I've never invaded as a red while trying to be a white phantom, but I've invaded as a red while using the cat covenant ring and not even having red eye orbs of any variety.
    PyroElleh
    PyroElleh
    Casual
    Casual

Post by PyroElleh Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:41 pm

The only reason I thought the guy might be hacking was because, earlier that day, I saw some video of a guy turning bosses into phantoms. So IDK, I thought it might be possible. But the guy who summoned me definitely wasn't hacking.

Well, I've logged something like 250 hours. I know that isn't much compared to a lot of people here (8hrs a day? Souls-a-Thon! Weeee!), but that was the first time I've ever seen it. That and I don't invade like, ever. So.... smaller chance of it happening I suppose.

I still feel bad though. I wish he would have tried summoning me again - I wanted to give him a humanity. ;_;

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:02 pm