Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Dibsville
Soul of Stray Demon
6 posters

Things we still need to know about Dark Souls. (Not the old thread)

Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Things we still need to know about Dark Souls. (Not the old thread)  Empty Things we still need to know about Dark Souls. (Not the old thread)

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:12 pm

I want everybody to come together and list off the things we still don't know about Dark Souls. Any info about spells, weapons, game mechanics, whatever.

I will add on to the master list on this post here whatever you guys come up with.

It will serve as a guideline for what to research and discover, that hasn't already been done so. We will squeeze out as much of the unknown knowledge as we can.

Master List:

Last edited by Soul of Stray Demon on Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:39 pm; edited 6 times in total
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Things we still need to know about Dark Souls. (Not the old thread)  Empty Re: Things we still need to know about Dark Souls. (Not the old thread)

Post by Dibsville Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:19 pm

Soul of Stray Demon wrote:I want everybody to come together and list off the things we still don't know about Dark Souls. Any info about spells, weapons, game mechanics, whatever.

I will add on to the master list on this post here whatever you guys come up with.

It will serve as a guideline for what to research and discover, that hasn't already been done so. We will squeeze out as much of the unknown knowledge as we can.

Master List:
    4. The modifiers are stronger for parries. A weapon that does more backstab damage than a Rapier may not do more parry damage. Me and Reim tested three weapons a long while back when I noticed they had similar critical damage. When comparing the Claymore to the Rapier, they did almost the same backstab damage, however the Rapier did 300+ more parry damage. The extra damage is the modifier of what the original damage would be when added. Thus, since there's more damage added to a parry than a backstab, the modifier makes the damage go up significantly higher.

Base damage + (Normal Critical damage added)x(modifier) = final damage output

For weapons with a Critical modifier of 100, the modifier would simply be 1.

7. Lag. But seriously; This is caused because the client for one person's game is a few seconds behind when online for another person. So if I roll, the person I'm fighting might see me roll 2 seconds later. Thus, if they hit you on their screen, since you're two seconds behind on their client, you'll still take damage for no reason. Works the same way as lagstabs. You roll away, but you're still standing there on the other person's client, so they get the backstab anyway.

Things to add: Why can't certain animations happen when the game is paused. (Example: Painting Guardians can not backstab you while your game is paused).
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Things we still need to know about Dark Souls. (Not the old thread)  Empty Re: Things we still need to know about Dark Souls. (Not the old thread)

Post by Serious_Much Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:30 pm

How about first everyone corrects all the things incorrect in the basic stuff like weapons on the wiki before we get into the technical stuff.

I'm actually surprised since the creation of MM noone has used it to complete the weapons on the wiki, but oh well guess everyone is too busy doing PvP with their smurfs silly
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:31 pm

Ok, took the original number 7 off the list for already being understood.

What I mean by 4 is though, what is the "hidden" modifier for the weapons.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:34 pm

Serious_Much wrote:How about first everyone corrects all the things incorrect in the basic stuff like weapons on the wiki before we get into the technical stuff.

I'm actually surprised since the creation of MM noone has used it to complete the weapons on the wiki, but oh well guess everyone is too busy doing PvP with their smurfs silly

The actual wiki portion may be behind, but that doesn't mean we still can't have some people working on this..

I for one don't want to be fixing things like that, I want to be discovering new things.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:05 pm

That doesn't mean you couldn't add it to your list though, it's probably more important as crucial information than anything on the list currently.

You needn't take it upon yourself to do it, long as it's publicised I'd be happy, thank you
    WaffleGuy
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by WaffleGuy Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:25 pm

Is getting 10 more in defense better than getting 10 more AR on your weapon?

--> As in, what matters the most?

ʕ·ᴥ· ʔ (" ʕ ·ᴥ· ʔ ") ʕ ·ᴥ·ʔ
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:35 pm

I took the liberty of changing the listing of the weapons A) to make it clear what is required and B) you forgot to put a number on it.

I hope you don't mind, just thought I'd help you out a little.

If I see other things that need testing I will post them here. I encourage anyone though if they see something on the wiki that is incorrect, please neither make it correct or put a thread up informing us. No use leaving things that aren't right lying about. We all know that the wiki info is useful to more people than other discoveries ever could be

@waffle- fairly established that in almost all cases, extra AR on your weapon is more beneficial than more defence
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:18 pm

Come on people..

Have you just not seen this thread?

This is to try to make a list of all the things that we still don't know about Dark Souls.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:25 pm

People might be waiting for after the move happens so posts don't egg lost.  We also already have a threads for this, the discoveries thread.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:33 pm

Nope discoveries thread is for things we learn.

This thread is to make a list of things we need to find out.

Things we need to do research or test for.
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:10 pm

On the AR bit, armor is more subject to diminishing returns than weapons are (meaning armor upgrades have less of a benefit than weapon upgrades) so weapon AR usually matters more. Besides, people go without armor more often than without weapons, making that even more so.

Let's see... what we don't know...
    Is it possible to kill Frampt by reaching max sl, using power withing, red tearstone ring, Channeler's trident, dragon-head roar and performing a plummeting attack on Frampt with fists (or a stronger weapon) while at low hp after inflicting as much damage as possible to him without making him leave on NG?
    Hm... I know I had others...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:09 am