As noted on this thread, we have been working on moving.
The user accounts and posts have been copied over successfully. We are now in the process of re-writing the URLs so that "php?=803584328012" looks instead like "t1-this is a topic"
What will happen now:
1. URL Rewrite will be finished tomorrow
2. All of your accounts will be synchronized with existing Fextralife accounts - So my account on forums and on FL are now under one login, and so are the accounts of anyone who has participated or registered there before.
3. All of your accounts will have a counterpart created on Fextralife - So if you have never participated before you will now be able to leave comments etc.
4. I will send PRIVATE MESSAGES with your new passwords. This will take over 24 hours to complete. If you did not receive it by FRIDAY (US time), PM me here.
5. On FRIDAY MORNING (US time, at the latest) I will open the new forums so you can log in there and change your passwords. You should also manually change the passwords on the Fextralife side to be the same as your new forum password!
6. On FRIDAY at MIDNIGHT (US TIME) the servers will be down for 1-8 hous while we are upgraded to a VPS for faster loading speeds
7. From Saturday morning you should be able to log in and use the new forums regularly - they will be added to all wikis etc.
1. I am still working on modifications and enhancements for the new board. Please keep in mind we had 2 years to make these boards nice - it will take us a few weeks to get all permissions and such working well on the new site
2. The board structure has changed. We have new features but also we have a whole new game so the "index" page now has a general section, a DKS I section, a DKS II section, etc. You can "minimize" any section you are uninterested in and if you keep cookies this setting will be remembered
3. Please be patient as we sort bugs etc! I expect there will be plenty and the forums may behave erratically while we figure things out. Old threads may look weird, you can edit if you wish.
After thinking carefully, I have decided it is in everyone's interest to start anew. I recognize the work put in to obtain your current rep, however given it is not something we can automate nor effectively do manually even with user support (it's too grand a project to truly believe people would follow through over months to recreate exact numbers. Your history with the forums has not changed, your joindate will still look as it does now.
There are some important differences that I would like everyone to note
1. The new reputation is karmic: the more rep you gain the more you can give out
2. The new reputaion is transparent: know who and when down and upvoted, and see comments on it.
3. The new reputation can be moderated: moderators can affect reputation given. Expect all negative rep given to Fex to be erased
4. The new reputation disallows favoritism: users cannot upvote the same user over and over.
The above demonstrates a system that necessitates slow integration and that will bring our users an even greater sense of achievement. I expect most of our high rep players will regain their status through useful posting and contributing to growing the community for the next game. We will have plenty of new users looking for a home and I would like everyone to be ready to encourage them to join us and welcome them onboard with useful answers and guides and wiki editing.
I look forward to everyone working together and to continue to foster the growth of what is the best Dark Souls community on the interwebs
Last edited by FexDS on Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:38 pm; edited 3 times in total