Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+31
ofrost564
Spurgun
jabbasway
WyrmHero
BLA1NE
Maneater_Mildred
Grey-Ronin
mofomey
Carphil
Artorias
The Once-Ler
meridam99
dominoboy
reim0027
GrEeNgObLiN
Serious_Much
DanielCdable
Tolvo
Gol
gekkyy
bloodpixel
exandroide
Reaperfan
ViralEnsign_
Emergence
Forum Pirate
RANT
User
Ignus-Dej
Yesuurd
Baal-Avatar
35 posters

Fight Club (SWORDS) - Saturday March 17th - 8:00PM EST

Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Fight Club (SWORDS) - Saturday March 17th - 8:00PM EST - Page 13 Empty Re: Fight Club (SWORDS) - Saturday March 17th - 8:00PM EST

Post by Artorias Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:33 pm

lol
    i thinks theres a fight club every sat
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Fight Club (SWORDS) - Saturday March 17th - 8:00PM EST - Page 13 Empty Re: Fight Club (SWORDS) - Saturday March 17th - 8:00PM EST

Post by Tolvo Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:34 pm

I think he means like, what is the next spin on things? Like this FC was Swords Only.

My vote, BS Only, Rapier/spear Turtling only, and the host must cast TwoP. silly
    Gol
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gol Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:36 pm

Artorias wrote:lol

I know, I was talking about something like the "sword only", or like the fight club against the mods, stuff like that.
    Baal-Avatar
    Baal-Avatar
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Baal-Avatar Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:38 pm

Technically, the Stone Greatsword TWoP should not have been used. The rules for this event said no magic/miracles, but I did not mention anything specific about weapon magic. I figured it was part of the sword and could be used since I did not state it specifically in the rules. Though it is probably not in the spirit of FC to use it again, it was very awesome to see someone doing a Giant Stone Knight build. I have never seen that in FC before!

There were a few other firsts for me last night. I saw someone use hidden weapon for the first time and Tolvo's cosplays were a lot of fun. Knight Kirk was my favorite.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:41 pm

Had a great time. I started off hosting for a few hours, but my connection was lagging so bad, people were teleporting, and even getting kicked out of my world. I reset my router, and nothing happened. I reset my PS next, it helped some. I went back to dueling and didn't have a problem.

Had some great fights. Some of them, I was left standing with less than 10 HP.

TY for all the hosts last night. We had, probably 18+ people dueling last night. And all fights were honorable. Beats any other night of PvP by far!
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:41 pm

oh...my bad
    Baal-Avatar
    Baal-Avatar
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Baal-Avatar Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:43 pm

Artorias wrote:lol

That's correct. In the past it was usually in Blighttown.

Every few weeks someone schedules something bigger like last night to get more people involved and to promote FC.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:44 pm

Thanks Ball, Kirk is one of my favourites as well.

By the way it is pretty ridiculous, imagine a TwoP BS only fight. I don't even know how the hell, but that would be awesome! lol

Hmm, fat roll night? Or no DWGR as someone suggested?
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:46 pm

It was strange not buffing. But the fights were more fun, since they weren't over in 30 seconds.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:52 pm

I have finally at long freaking last finished building my toon to 120. It's a rush job so it is woefully underequipped gear-wise, however I made it with the explicit reason to host Blighttown (although if things shift to Sens I will move there instead). My thoughts are everyone wants to fight, and hosts are always in need. I am in hunter mindset anyhow, so my tactics for the recent past have changed completely and as a result, my 1v1 skills have eroded considerably. I think spectating is tons of fun, really looking forward to seeing you all beat one another up.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:54 pm

Hunter skills eroding your duelling skills? I know literally exactly how you feel emergence. If you need weapons and armor by the way give me a heads up, I have various things I can pass over to you.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:58 pm

Thank you Tolvo, for now I am 100% happy to host but if I get the itch I will let you know. I like to focus on one PvP role at a time, so refining my gangbuster skills is priority one!
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:01 pm

You're coming to Btown? Cool. Baal hosts there way too much. It'll be nice to get him back into dueling.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:06 pm

Baal-Avatar wrote:Technically, the Stone Greatsword TWoP should not have been used. The rules for this event said no magic/miracles, but I did not mention anything specific about weapon magic. I figured it was part of the sword and could be used since I did not state it specifically in the rules. Though it is probably not in the spirit of FC to use it again, it was very awesome to see someone doing a Giant Stone Knight build. I have never seen that in FC before!

The Stone Giant just happened to be one the NPCs that could've worked for the STR/DEX build I set up for this because I realized with just the RoFaP I was just under 100% equip load with all the gear on and thought I'd try it. I was thinking the R2 special would offset the fact that I was taking on DWGR users while being almost overburdened, but I realized after a bit that it was probably in bad taste after some really unfair victories. To anyone who lost to it I'd like to let you know now that I'm sorry and it won't be happening again (though it was kinda fun otherwise feeling like an actual tank build happy). However, the no spells rule would extend to special weapons as well? That just seems a bit limiting. The only thing that could possibly keep things like the Dragon Greatsword or the Grant competitive are their special attacks, and due to the durability losses they could hardly be considered as spammable as spells. Or is it just because the specials mess up the "fishing and poking" strategy we all seem so fond of?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:10 pm

Guys can I ask are you getting rid of magic use permanently in fightclub? (aside from buffs)

I mean i know for this event it was banned but do you guys not like it when i throw some magic into the mix?

I kinda have the same view of reaper to this, I'd like to not see fightclub overly limited with just dodging and the occasion poke/lag hit..
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:13 pm

From a fighting aspect, I find TWoP (or the Stone GSword's equivalent) to be cheap. I find it cheap for any weapon, not just the pokey-pokey ones. At least you can roll through the AoE from other weapons. With TWoP, you have to avoid the caster for awhile. That doesn't make for good fighting. IMO.

But, this is for organized duelling. Many of the fighters didn't even buff, to make the fights more fun. We are handicapping ourselves to make the fights last longer and be funner (for lack of a better word).
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:14 pm

More fun. silly
    Baal-Avatar
    Baal-Avatar
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Baal-Avatar Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:21 pm

@Emergence
    Wow! I am glad you are joining us! I just scheduled another big night on March 31 at Sen's. That is 2 weeks away, but there are usually people every Saturday at Blighttown.

@Reaperfan
    It was not a big deal at all last night that you used the Stone Greatsword TWoP. Since FC does not allow BS, TWoP limits the opponents ability to counter it. The same goes with turtling. I agree that some other weapons have special attacks that are fine to use. It is just that the Stone Greatsword literally casts TWoP. lol. It was still fun to watch the fights with the Stone Knight.

@Serious_Much
    I am not the owner of Fight Club by any means, anyone can set up an event and make rules. Whenever I do, I try to make it fun for the majority of players. Since most of the current members love weapon fights, I remove magic. If anyone ever wanted to set up an event for all magic that would be fine. If people are interested it would be great.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:28 pm

Baal-Avatar wrote:@Reaperfan
    It was not a big deal at all last night that you used the Stone Greatsword TWoP. Since FC does not allow BS, TWoP limits the opponents ability to counter it. The same goes with turtling. I agree that some other weapons have special attacks that are fine to use. It is just that the Stone Greatsword literally casts TWoP. lol. It was still fun to watch the fights with the Stone Knight.

Honestly it's a really bad version of TWoP, even after the 1.05 nerfs lol. It only lasts ~10 seconds and has the range of a Claymore lol. I literally had to be in melee distance for it to have any effect :|

I'm glad nobody seems to be raging at it, but I still wouldn't do it again because some of my wins with it still felt really unfair, but maybe when the No DWGR night comes around I'll set up a Havel or Giant build to tank it up with since tanking was actually a pretty fun style happy
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:31 pm

Reaperfan wrote:
    I'm glad nobody seems to be raging at it, but I still wouldn't do it again because some of my wins with it still felt really unfair, but maybe when the No DWGR night comes around I'll set up a Havel or Giant build to tank it up with since tanking was actually a pretty fun style happy
    Exactly. That's why it is frowned upon.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:32 pm

By the way reaper if you face you me I give you permission to use it against me. Against others I'd say don't use it, but I really don't mind as long as BS isn't allowed.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:30 pm

reaper i dont remember any fights with you i kind of remember seeing your psn so maybe we had one but thats cool you didnt opt for dwgr i would have switched it for havels if i noticed you fat roll. only thing fat roll is kind of useless in pvp i would try to get at least medium roll especially against dwgr. that would be cool if we did that for an upcoming FC i honestly didnt think anyone would want that. with the amount of people from last night that would be a great test to just see how the pvp game mechanics would change without the dwgr. I dont hate the dwgr i use it in every build and i think it makes things more fast paced,but it feels kinda last minute as if from threw it in at the end. my main issue is it allows people to be so mobile with so much poise and deff,also it eliminates the use of medium roll outside of pve(well for the average player).
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:03 pm

good idea. the theme for next weeks FC : no DWGR ring silly
    GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by GrEeNgObLiN Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:24 pm

That would be great just like i suggested!!! I can host in Blight amso so others can play like Baal and Reim because mostly they host!
    So next saturday rules: NO DWGR!!! Everybody agree?
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:25 pm

ok...only if people dont tank

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:02 am