Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Forum Pirate
Tolvo
ViralEnsign_
Brokewilly
DxV04
9 posters

Gravelord Strategy for Forest of the Dammed event.

DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Gravelord Strategy for Forest of the Dammed event.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Gravelord Strategy for Forest of the Dammed event.

Post by DxV04 Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:11 am

Legion wrote:I will see you on the battlefield fellow gravelords

oh and i would suggest having DKGA for if your surrounded and don't have the faith for WoG, or greatsword dance works well to.(however slightly slower, it is incredibly fun impaling three enemies at once) If you plan on using the bridge then I would invest in the dragon greatsword(the 2H heavy attack is perfect for small bridges)

Welcome to the gravelord army!!
    I commend you those are really good tactics!!
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Gravelord Strategy for Forest of the Dammed event.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Gravelord Strategy for Forest of the Dammed event.

Post by ViralEnsign_ Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:22 am

Indeed I hope you will consider join the Gravelord User Covenant that DV and I are trying to put together as well.

They are great tactics for strength builds the BKGA is a fantastic crowd control weapons as long as you don't fall into the trap of overusing R1. Also although the Dragon Greaysword isn't used all that much I highly agree with you in terms of its power.

For Dex builds I recccomend the Chaos Blade (or as I like to refer to it as the LifeDrain Blade) which scales with Dex at B and Humanity. Additionally the R2 attack is crippling if you make it work. Its hard to time and smashes the enemy down. Also good for narrow bridges.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:34 am

Note: Made changes to map.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:23 am

DxV04 wrote:Note: Made changes to map.

DxV04 - I will be make the update to the GL tactics section in the top post in mass invasion thread per your latest map (v3). Things are really starting to come together. T minus 7 days til jump off!!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:55 am

By the way, I've been gravelording in the forest to Practice for the Event, and there is a nice little trick with the Dance. See I've posted this for the hunters, not sure if it was brought up here. If you go through Alvina's house towards the bridge if you turn right there is an edge you can run onto. This will effectively make you circle around the house where you can sneak up on enemies from behind if they charge in but didn't see where you went, as this spot is lesser known. As they run on the bridge sometimes and get confused during that moment I've already been casting the dance and impaled them, it can also knock them right off the side falling to a sure death. Have fun with that little trick.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:04 pm

Tolvo wrote:By the way, I've been gravelording in the forest to Practice for the Event, and there is a nice little trick with the Dance. See I've posted this for the hunters, not sure if it was brought up here. If you go through Alvina's house towards the bridge if you turn right there is an edge you can run onto. This will effectively make you circle around the house where you can sneak up on enemies from behind if they charge in but didn't see where you went, as this spot is lesser known. As they run on the bridge sometimes and get confused during that moment I've already been casting the dance and impaled them, it can also knock them right off the side falling to a sure death. Have fun with that little trick.

Beautiful!! I am sure chaos storm would work the same way. I am going to look at that spot right now haha

Thank you sir!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:05 pm

Firstorm, Chaos, and Tempest does by the way. I test a lot of things in my forest haha. By the way you can even WoG from there, it's even possible to use force to get them off. Be careful though, the same applies to you.

EDIT: Also a little tip, carry your spell hand in your left hand, so you can hug the wall and keep it hidden. If you put it out to the right the light can draw their attention to you.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:39 am

To all my Gravelord brethren - I have posted a special request to all forest invaders to drop EoDs if possible when they invade you. Hopefully the invader will adhere to the gesture protocol, drop the EoD(s) then BC out. I also provided some information on how GLs can be identified. Maybe some of you will receive a measure of compensation for services rendered twisted .

Let me know if I need to make any changes to the information I have noted in top post of the mass invasion thread.
    Dalampslayer
    Dalampslayer

Post by Dalampslayer Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:03 pm

I got a few of my fellow GL's setting up shop by the bonfire to slow the farmers down for the event. Any other fellow GL's on Xbox please feel free to message me, will be set to join your world to help with the collections of Eyes for Papa Nito! Beckon

Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:23 am

How was the event for te GLs?
    A friend was GLing for the event but met NO friendly invader whatsoever :roll:
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:22 am

I only met 2 friendlies in the alvina section of the forest. It was constant war.

Last edited by DxV04 on Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Dalampslayer
    Dalampslayer

Post by Dalampslayer Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:01 pm

Rather sad I missed the main event, got home well after it was over. Didn't stop me from grouping up with one fellow GL out by the bonfire. Hoping to get another mass invasion planned soon!
    TheGoddessSendell
    TheGoddessSendell
    Casual
    Casual

Post by TheGoddessSendell Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:15 pm

I inadvertently participated in this after being told about it the night before by a very nice person on PSN. It was so much fun. Even got a friendly dropping eyes but sadly resulted in a cheap backstab from a red, haha. Still, hope there will be more like this - I'll try and keep an eye on the forums happy
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:17 pm

There definitely will be, I believe the next one is cleansing the Kiln, I believe DW and DM will mainly be doing this one, but I don't see why Gravelords couldn't join in the mix.

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t3110-new-event-cleanse-the-kiln

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:41 am