Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
Serious_Much
Gol
RANT
Enigma5991
WarriorOfSunlight
exandroide
Rona
befowler
Liff Daddy
CrackSouls
Bawheidbob
djgq42
Griever
Forum Pirate
Whknight
berkut
aceluby
21 posters

Dark Souls sequel in the making

Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Dark Souls sequel in the making - Page 2 Empty Re: Dark Souls sequel in the making

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:31 pm

Not the place for that

And i neither said it would be good or bad, i said appealing to wider audiences has ruined series. imo its ruined companies too.
    Griever
    Griever
    Regular
    Regular

Dark Souls sequel in the making - Page 2 Empty Re: Dark Souls sequel in the making

Post by Griever Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:49 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:

And i neither said it would be good or bad, i said appealing to wider audiences has ruined series. imo its ruined companies too.

Final Fantasy is my example of this
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:03 pm

Let's just pray to any, all, or whatever power, that they don't make the mistakes of previous companies when they went for a 'wider audience'. I'm sure most people on this forum can name at least one game and or company that was ruined and or destroyed because of the concept, lets just not get into that side. If you really want to make a mark and show From that you actually care and want them to not repeat history, send them an email or an actual letter about your concerns and they may very well listen if they get enough.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:03 pm

Guys... problem for me was this paragraph:

"The success of both Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, which have each sold over a million [units] per title worldwide, has made us shift our thinking internally to not just core gamers, but to globalise our products, that they can be successful on a worldwide scale."

This worries me a lot. Specifically the statement of shifting thinking to globalise the product..

It disappoints me because i think that next game even if they made it harder it would be more successful than dark souls as the series has come into the public eye more. I think a focus change is gonna take it in the wrong direction sadly :|
    Enigma5991
    Enigma5991
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Enigma5991 Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:39 pm

Gol wrote:
    Played it a few weeks and got back to Dark souls.
    Not me.

"What's the best way to make money?"
    "Take away everything that made our game fun and rewarding and tone it down so everyone can enjoy it!"
    "But what about the people who think we're just in it for the money?"
    "Throw a difficulty switch in there and market it as the same thing as before. They won't notice the difference."

I like when developers try new things, but when you take away the thing people enjoyed the most about your game and change it, you're only going to upset people.

That are still going to buy your game no matter how much they complain.

But it's still too early. We'll need more news to judge properly. But I think we'll be fine. Hopefully.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:44 pm

I would hope that they make good decisions, we'll have to see.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:01 pm

To be fair, Armored core is still crazy hard and they're been at that series for a while. There are definitely better games out there but every armored core game i've played was worth the playthrough.
    CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CrackSouls Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:54 am

What I'm going to say to the sales clerk when I'm buying the next Souls series game.
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:24 pm

Here is another article that doesn't really say anything new, the only thing worth noting was the tablet part, though I wouldn't put much stock in this article.

http://www.denofgeek.com/games/1285928/from_softwares_souls_series_will_continue.html
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:36 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:I hope they don't screw themselves over. Appealing to 'wider audiences' has ruined many series. rip mass effect.

Yeah that was the first thing I really noticed also. Not usually a good sign.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:55 pm

If the same people are behind the next Souls game as were DkS, I'm not too worried about it. They are horrible, horrible people with phenomenal eyes for detail who use the art of understatement (re: lore) better than 99% of modern authors, and they want me to die over and over and over. I doubt that will change.

From is why I don't get upset at any invader/host tactics at all anymore. They endorse sneaking backstabs and they created the Gravelord Covenant. Those are core "values" that probably won't change. I love and hate them for it.
    Wounding_Peregrine

Post by Wounding_Peregrine Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:25 am

I just want item corpses to be unique... Top of my list for any changes to the next game (if there really is any truth to an already planned sequel).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:19 am