Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
BLA1NE
Domhnall
RANT
Yarxov
Eliteknight
The_Tao
Gumby
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Deadmeat95
nsane32
Halicarnassis
MinedSafe
Serious_Much
JohnnyHarpoon
Crowned
JY4answer
20 posters

Stop the hate for DMs. Hate farmers instead.

JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Stop the hate for DMs. Hate farmers instead. Empty Stop the hate for DMs. Hate farmers instead.

Post by JY4answer Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:11 am

Ever since I ame to this wiki, there has been an insane amount of hate for DMs, for whatever reason. Personal experience, biased hate, legitimate reasons, I don't care. Cuz I think hosts are worse.

I recently switched to DW just to find out if anything you guys say is true, that DMs are mostly cheap, save a few of us in this wiki. Not true. I got invaded by plenty of DMs, and they all behaved pretty decent. These two even backed off into a corner while I was dueling with a dark spirit. I'm sure that when people invade at the Kiln, they have some idea to what other people do there. Of course, there are those that haven't been to wikis, and have no idea about the unspoken rules, so you can't blame them all without really knowing why they did what they did. So yeah. My two copper coins.

My hate, my fellow duelists, is for the hosts. Not all. Just those that sit at the Kiln with 2 buddies and use TWoP, 80 vit, havel ring, BKGA and full giants +any mask or crown of dusk. I refuse to use giants chest armor and masks just because of that. They know people go there to duel. They know its the spot. They know how to farm. They still do it. Without shame. And all 3 taunt after killing you as if they're proud. Shameless. But I feel better knowing that they must have really miserable lives for them to do this to make themselves feel better.

So don't hate the DMs. Don't hate the DWs. If you think about it, its no different from being racist. Its not what covenant you're in. Its what you do as an individual.
    Crowned
    Crowned

Stop the hate for DMs. Hate farmers instead. Empty Re: Stop the hate for DMs. Hate farmers instead.

Post by Crowned Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:15 am

Only about 9% of the DS community use dueling ettiquette,what does that tell you...:?: And lol at no different from being rascist.
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Stop the hate for DMs. Hate farmers instead. Empty Re: Stop the hate for DMs. Hate farmers instead.

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:26 am

60% of why I hate you is simply because I'm Darkwraith. 30% is that you don't give me a Humanity when you die. 10% is probably because your Darkmoon Blade is kinda OP.

Also, just screw Gwyndolin. Seriously, that guy is a dodgy mofo.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:28 am

Crowned wrote:Only about 9% of the DS community use dueling ettiquette,what does that tell you...:?: And lol at no different from being rascist.

LOL where did you get 9% from? XD
    MinedSafe
    MinedSafe

Post by MinedSafe Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:39 am

Do u have any problem w BKGA?winking I dont like DM every time they invade me in kilin they play cheap never show respect plus you dont get humanity for kiling them. Never met one honest DM. O and by the way, its only a game winking so dont take it personaly! Like those nolifes winking
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:46 am

Seriously some of you guys just keep harping on about not getting humanity from DM's. Part of the game so just deal with it. Farm humanity or do some co-op guys!
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:48 am

NOt getting humanity is not that big a deal, if you win you can just get humanity off the the next guy... or somthing..

and if DMs are a bad as people think they are then you should have no problem swatting them away and fighting someone worth your time big grin
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:53 am

Well said serious much
    JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JY4answer Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:13 pm

Again. Condemning all of us DMs (yes, I rejoined and handed in 40 ears because I got bored of using the DS spear with its awesome reach) because some, or even most of us act cheap is like calling all asians smart and good at maths or all blacks good at rap, have bad credit, and have a magic stick. Over-generalisation.

AND. My point is: where's the hate for farming hosts? I'm sure they cause more annoyance. Much more annoyance.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:05 pm

yea I hate it when 3 people just stand their and wait for invaders some people try to BS me when im spawning and DMBs dont drop humanity because they are not dark spirits they are spirits of vengeance you are to pay for your crimes
    Deadmeat95
    Deadmeat95
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Deadmeat95 Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:19 pm

I ha vnt had any cheap/dishonorable fights with DM. Most don't bow or anything b4 the fight but I don't rly care about that. Usually its host that try to be cheap asses.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:27 pm

i simply don't like their position in lordrans lore, the farmers on the other hand are...^#&#&^$#*&$^%!!! I hope all of you and your sunbro accomplices fall of a cliff and are unable to reatrieve your shoddy little blood stains!!
    Gumby
    Gumby

Post by Gumby Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:31 pm

Maybe we should all turn against the chaos cov instead. Imean seriously what's the point of that covenant. Sleep
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:34 pm

@ gumby it's the covanent for those who have fallen for quelaan (white spider witch), it's whole point is to protect her, other than that it gives you humanity scaling spells...
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:36 pm

I dont want any cov to be hated their all here for a reson
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:38 pm

yeah though i wish there was a cov that was sorcery based...
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:42 pm

People talk a lot of sheeeit, dishonor this and that...but, ultimately, you guys are attempting to enforce the rules. You're the man, man! People are just gonna want to stick it to you, no matter how honorably you fight.
    The_Tao
    The_Tao
    Casual
    Casual

Post by The_Tao Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:46 pm

*sigh* I loathe to go through this again.

From a lore standpoint:

It's an invasion. It's not a duel. Honor has no place in a red or blue phantoms comings and goings.We are assassins, not knights.
    This is Dark Souls, it hates you.

From an internet community standpoint:
    you start with a healing advantage, phantoms don't.

Deal with it.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:49 pm

there are farmers who go after red sign soapstone invaders, those are supposed to be duels.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:49 pm

yea that is true although I like to see a duel with no heal or BS in other word a true test of steel
    Gumby
    Gumby

Post by Gumby Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:54 pm

I guess that egghead does give you a new hand. Ok I like them now.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:56 pm

lol yea just dont tell the pyromancer you rescue for the deeps (goes hollow try to kill you)
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:57 pm

yeah and you can't even loot his pyro flame when you beat him...
    Eliteknight
    Eliteknight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Eliteknight Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:19 pm

JY4answer wrote:Ever since I ame to this wiki, there has been an insane amount of hate for DMs, for whatever reason. Personal experience, biased hate, legitimate reasons, I don't care. Cuz I think hosts are worse.

Its a bunch of internet tough guys acting cool, don't let it get to you. The bias of a few individual posters, that is all.

Keep hunting the guilty! For lord Gwyndolin!!
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:21 pm

Farmers are the worst, in my brief time as a Forest Hunter 1/2 the targets were farmers, usually Giant armored BKGA/ lighting greatsword Sunbros that instant kill little me (level 30 with <20 vit..)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:38 pm