- Vit - Aim for 40-50. At 40, diminishing returns start kicking in. So, for every point you put in, you get very little Vitality in return. Aim for 40, do the rest of your stats, then put the remaining points into Vit.
- Att - Magic is really hard to pull off competitively in PvP. So, don't go crazy here. After 16 (4 slots), diminishing returns kick in. Since I don't like to use magic in PvP, I use these slots mainly for buffs. But, be aware of going over 16, as you will be putting in more points for less return.
- End - Stamina caps at 40. The only reason to go above 40 is for faster rolling with your equipment weight. In general, strength weapons need 40 end, Dex weapons, closer to 30.
- Str - Damage caps at 40 (for all practical purposes). Don't go above 40 unless you really, really need to. When you 2H the weapon, the strength requirements decrease by a factor of 1.5. So, a weapon that requires 40 Str to wield, can be two-handed at a Str of 27 and it will have the same AR as 1H at 40. Since most strength weapons do better with 2H, you can cut back Str by a lot. Just think of what you can do with 13 points.
- Dex - Damage caps at 40 (just like Str). The only reason to go above 40 is for spell casting speed. That maxes out at 45. But, there isn't a huge difference in speed between 40 and 45. So, for dex builds, go to 40 and then fill the rest of your stats in.
- Res - Don't increase. Ever. I really mean it. Never.
- Faith shoot for a minimum of 30, ideally 40-50. You can sacrifice some points here, if you need them, but don't go below 30.
- Int - same as Faith, but the minimum should be 32 (so you can use the most powerful catalyst in the game, the Tin Crystalization catalyst)
- Elemental builds: Elemental weapons don't scale with any stat (Chaos does scale with humanity and maxes out at 10). So, for these types of builds, get the minimum stats you need to handle the weapon. Then, put the rest of your points how you want. Mainly put them into Vitality, and maybe some of them into Att to get some pyro miracles. In general, elemental builds are Vit-gouged.
So, that's my take on build-making basics. Some of you may have different opinions or strategies. Please post them here so we can learn.
Last edited by reim0027 on Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:20 pm; edited 2 times in total