Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+69
Rassa
Darkson
PhlyingDutchman
Chaos Spectre
his1n-
vixder/pennywise
kinkokinko
PlasticandRage
Saturnine Knight
aprilmanha
NedroidPrime
Zechk
Yukon
CMP-Shock
Dustofsaturn
Sal Paradise
Railage
PsychoCT
berkut
BartholomewWenceslas
johnnyjwa
Artorias
JoocyJ003
SlakeMoth
Henkyona
Danthuyer
Uparkaam
DanielCdable
Doelker
The Once-Ler
Klosterheim
FruitPunchNinja
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
kiwi_commander
WarriorOfSunlight
befowler
javarush214
Rona
rbmaster
Rynoa
Diavir
ScottieDOESknow
ErrJon6661
Reaperfan
Imarreteet23
ViralEnsign_
Forum Pirate
CrackSouls
mugenis4real
FexDS
DoughGuy
ARSP
skarekrow13
Wade_Wilson
Serious_Much
callipygias
peaceful_sabre
Maneater_Mildred
Langoulk
Flubious
Griever
DxV04
Emergence
Sunbro4evar
ChizFreak
Tolvo
User
Whknight
ublug
73 posters

Announcement Regarding Dark Souls Incoming

ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Announcement Regarding Dark Souls Incoming - Page 26 Empty Re: Announcement Regarding Dark Souls Incoming

Post by ChizFreak Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:36 pm

Also IGN said that Namco it's going to do a announcement in April 12. Was a long time ago, just before/at the same time this Facebook App Wall came up. I think we are gonna know it tomorrow.
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Announcement Regarding Dark Souls Incoming - Page 26 Empty Re: Announcement Regarding Dark Souls Incoming

Post by Imarreteet23 Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:37 pm

The wait will finally be over. Hurrah
    Griever
    Griever
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Griever Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:41 pm

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/122/1222763p1.html
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:47 pm

Uh, so they can cross platform with xbox but ps3 users are stuck on their own? Do Windows game live members have to pay a subscription fee like xbox users do? Guess I'll be sticking to console if thats the case.

If they honestly plan to release these 2 new bosses ONLY for PC users they are taking a huge dump on their fans that have been supporting them for the past 6 or more months.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:50 pm

Griever wrote:http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/122/1222763p1.html

The wall hasn't fell yet. I think that it will fall tomorrow, and we will see a DLC announcement for consoles with the New Content the PC Edition will come up with.
    peaceful_sabre
    peaceful_sabre
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by peaceful_sabre Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:54 pm

Advantage and disadvantage for merge in xbox and pc online:

+ = more invading/co-op
    - = more hackers/mods
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:57 pm

i honestly cant see them only having this extra content on pc because from what i understand dark souls wasnt even multi platform in japan it was only on ps3 there(might be false info). seeing as japanese devs are pretty loyal to their home turf fans i just cant see them not putting it on ps3.

i will have much less respect for from if they choose to only have those bosses on pc. i will be pissed but more or less understand if they have a longer wait for console dlc. from that radio interview with the devs it sounds like they were rushed near the end of development so im guessing these bosses are some that didnt make the cut or didnt have time to finish. i just cant see them not releasing it on consoles....
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:58 pm

peaceful_sabre wrote:Advantage and disadvantage for merge in xbox and pc online:

+ = more invading/co-op
    - = more hackers/mods

Who told you that Xbox 360 games' online was merged with PC games?
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:00 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:i honestly cant see them only having this extra content on pc because from what i understand dark souls wasnt even multi platform in japan it was only on ps3 there(might be false info). seeing as japanese devs are pretty loyal to their home turf fans i just cant see them not putting it on ps3.

i will have much less respect for from if they choose to only have those bosses on pc. i will be pissed but more or less understand if they have a longer wait for console dlc. from that radio interview with the devs it sounds like they were rushed near the end of development so im guessing these bosses are some that didnt make the cut or didnt have time to finish. i just cant see them not releasing it on consoles....

First of all, let's just hope that the new content WAS DEVELOPED by From Software. Maybe Namco did it, who knows. And I really believe it's gonna be released in PS3 too. After all, they could make to be paid and earn some extra money. What's the point of making PC only, in the POV of a Corporation?
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:05 pm

New Bosses - Including Artorias of Abyss, Chimera of Tomb, and more
    PVP Online Matchmaking System - Quick matching for co-op or PVP
    New Areas – Including Oolacile Tomb, Old Ruins and more
    New Enemies – Including Abyss Guard, Chained Prisoner and more
    New NPCs – Including Hawkeye Gough and more
    New Weapons and Armor – Equip some from the new bosses, enemies, and NPCs

http://www.preparetodie.com/uk/about/
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:07 pm

Yukon wrote:New Bosses - Including Artorias of Abyss, Chimera of Tomb, and more
    PVP Online Matchmaking System - Quick matching for co-op or PVP
    New Areas – Including Oolacile Tomb, Old Ruins and more
    New Enemies – Including Abyss Guard, Chained Prisoner and more
    New NPCs – Including Hawkeye Gough and more
    New Weapons and Armor – Equip some from the new bosses, enemies, and NPCs

http://www.preparetodie.com/uk/about/

OH MY *** GOD, OH MY GOD, I'M CRYING OF HAPPINESS, THANK GOD FOR THIS TEARS, THANKS From FOR MAKING THIS DLC!

AND LASTLY THANKS SOLAIRE FOR BEING SUCH A COOL GUY!

PS: Going to create a TOPIC about this. +1 to you kind sir,ç.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:08 pm

Gough? Just as I predicted!

Oolacile being related to Artorias? JUST AS DOUGH/SKARE/CLOUD and I have predicted. Mwahahaha! Our crazy rants don't seem all that crazy now.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:09 pm

While you are at it go give griver all your +1 reps in his PC release thread he is the one who originally posted that link.

Damn, this is looking good. Also I was the one who mentioned cross platform between PC and Xbox, because I wiki'd Windows live game thing.. and it mentioned it could do that. So I don't see why they wouldn't.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:12 pm

Yukon wrote:While you are at it go give griver all your +1 reps in his PC release thread he is the one who originally posted that link.

Damn, this is looking good. Also I was the one who mentioned cross platform between PC and Xbox, because I wiki'd Windows live game thing.. and it mentioned it could do that. So I don't see why they wouldn't.

No it's not like that. There are some cross plataform games, but they don't use Games for Windows Live. I think that the only ones that use GWFL and are cross plataform are small games like (like a cards game or something like that). There are some exceptions though, but I'm pretty sure Dark Souls it's not gonna be one.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:14 pm

AH, I have never used GFWL, so I did like 15 minutes of research and came and posted here in a frantic mess. Sorry for the propaganda silly

IS there a subscription fee on GFWL?
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:15 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzSqBfPQIEk&feature=player_embedded#!

Gameplay from the pc version including some of the new bosses.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:15 pm

YES!!! If even one crazy thing I said is even kinda true I feel completely justified to rant MORE!!!
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:25 pm

Ooooh very nice, I guess now we know offically Artorias fell and never got back up.

My question is, why has From Software been so quiet about the DLC?
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:29 pm

Torture with spontaneous reward is their modus operandi
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:36 pm

haha we are all so *** happy right now big grin sad big grin

im thinking we might get a patch or two also! bounce im so excited!
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:40 pm

wait wtf is this not confirmed for consoles yet.........
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:43 pm

I am somewhat dissapointed it took them almost a month to go, hey guys we are working on something for you to be released in AUGUST, I was expecting something to be released when the wall came down, not simply a trailer for upcoming events ...

There is a new dynamic theme avaliable on PSN called "Prepare to die" I guess we just have to wait! or was that there the whole time?
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:48 pm

^^^ that is reassuring that they have something on psn hopefully that means DLC. as for it coming out in august we already kinda knew that. i expected a wait after the wall i just wanted to know if it was dlc for consoles or not. i guess i still dont know....

i would honestly buy a whole new version at 60$ if i had to, but it has to be console cause i dont have pc with a high end video card. If they do put this on consoles which im being optimistic and saying they will i really think there will be a patch or two and that might suck me back into the world of lordan for a lot longer if they do a good job and listen to the fans.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:51 pm

Yukon wrote:I am somewhat dissapointed it took them almost a month to go, hey guys we are working on something for you to be released in AUGUST, I was expecting something to be released when the wall came down, not simply a trailer for upcoming events ...

There is a new dynamic theme avaliable on PSN called "Prepare to die" I guess we just have to wait! or was that there the whole time?

That theme is from August of 2011 buddy.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:53 pm

http://www.preparetodie.com/images/gallery/Enemy.jpg

bunch of new videos and pictures up on dark souls web site

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 10:10 pm