Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
befowler
SmittyRomps
berkut
PPG-3-
zappo
Langoulk
cobrasno1
11 posters

Noobie here looking for tips!

cobrasno1
    cobrasno1

Noobie here looking for tips! - Page 2 Empty Re: Noobie here looking for tips!

Post by cobrasno1 Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:25 pm

Can someone tell me what "points" and "reputation" are on our profiles?
    cobrasno1
    cobrasno1

Post by cobrasno1 Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:41 pm

Woo Hoo! I finally made it to the gargoyles without being invaded and killed by someone! And I defeated them on the 1st try with a little help from a couple NPC's.
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:46 pm

Congratulations, you made a very big step in your dark souls progression, that is for sure happy
    cobrasno1
    cobrasno1

Post by cobrasno1 Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:54 pm

Thanks! Now if I could only figure out how to beat an invader! I've yet to win a match. lol
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:45 pm

Basic Tips:

-Stay under 50%
    -Don't get BSed at all cost, if it's get a hit in at the risk of a BS, don't do it.
    -Keep an eye out for lag, if he's circling where you were and aren't now, play in the past and avoid risks.
    -Keep some poise, iirc, 50 poise is enough for a longsword, and 80 enough for a Greatsword, it will let you take a hit without getting stunlocked.
    -Havels ring is very important early on, DWGR can be useful since everyone else is using it and can out-maneuver you if you don't too, or stay under 25%.

It's all trial and error and finding what you're good with.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:08 pm

cobrasno1 wrote:Thanks! Now if I could only figure out how to beat an invader! I've yet to win a match. lol
    As others have said most of the invaders you've encountered are glitchers, so you (or anybody else, for that matter) stand little chance. Once you get further in the game it'll start getting easier (meaning 'more fair') little by little.
    Bawheidbob
    Bawheidbob
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Bawheidbob Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:30 am

Good tip in here about the rats and farming humanity if i ever make it out of blightown i will take some time to go get some as i am always scared to spend it to kindle the fires.
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:53 am

if yo cant cope with players do the game in hollow or find a buddy that is more experienced if any1 needs help iv gt 10 toons with different lvs just send me a message Proper Bow

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 29, 2024 3:52 pm