Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Reaperfan
callipygias
Wade_Wilson
Shakie666
8 posters

My thoughts on magic/enchanted/divine/occult weapons

Shakie666
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

My thoughts on magic/enchanted/divine/occult weapons Empty My thoughts on magic/enchanted/divine/occult weapons

Post by Shakie666 Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:57 pm

They're USELESS. They do less damage than lightning/fire/chaos weapons unless you have ridiculously high stats, and nearly all enemies in the game have a much higher magic resistance to magic damage than lightning or fire. The only reason divine weapons are any good is because they can kill skeletons, which barely matters because they have hardly any health as it is, so you don't need to make a divine weapon just for them, a divine club +5 from anor londo is fine. More importantly, once you've killed the necromancers they don't respawn anyway. Thoughts anyone?
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

My thoughts on magic/enchanted/divine/occult weapons Empty Re: My thoughts on magic/enchanted/divine/occult weapons

Post by Wade_Wilson Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:20 pm

I agree partly. While they're not totally useless, the scaling on most of them could be improved.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

My thoughts on magic/enchanted/divine/occult weapons Empty Re: My thoughts on magic/enchanted/divine/occult weapons

Post by callipygias Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:24 pm

I find the opposite to be true. Once I get the appropriate stats up fire and lighting become useless (not chaos, though). Fire/lightning are the best for a first (and maybe 2nd) playthrough, but unless you're keeping you stats low for a specific build they become obsolete, I think.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:29 pm

The problem isn't them in and of themselves, its the fact that if you're using a weapon that you intend to make scale with INT or FTH, you're better off making it +15 and using your INT/FTH for CMW or DMB/SLB. Even in PvE, +15 is more than enough on its own, saving your "temporary INT/FTH scaling" for big fights. If it weren't for this, then they would have a purpose on weapons. The only reason to upgrade down these paths now is either upgrading shields for resistance boosts or upgrading bows to make them fit your stats.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:12 pm

Depends on your level.

All my level 120 and below toons tend to use Chaos weapons.

But I have 2 high level characters, one is a Mage that kills with his Enchanted BSS, and the other is a very high Faith build, (approaching 300) that has a Divine Claymore as his primary weapon.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:14 pm

...and I know there is debate about whether it is true or not, but I feel like Divine weapons do higher damage on invaders.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:17 pm

....looks like the wiki concurs....at least about the Divine, seems to need confirmation on the Occult still.

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Upgrades
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:21 pm

Lextune, that can be tested with a friend and a RSS haha.

I would disagree, on my high int toon while yes, +15 and buffed is better I keep an enchanted weapon to switch to when I'm out of buffs, and still I like carry extra spells as opposed to a buff. Is +15 better? Yeah, but I don't think it means Magic/Enchanted is useless.
    Langoulk
    Langoulk
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Langoulk Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:34 pm

This is disappointing to hear a little, I was just about to make a melee faith build D:

Bleh.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:01 pm

....nah, you're fine....Divine weapons at 50 faith kick all kinds of ***. And like I said, they have a bonus against invaders.
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:15 pm

^ well , my divine bastard sword +10 does pretty good damage. I'm working in an occult one, but still one white slab is requiered to get it to the max level... And I dont hqve one at the moment...
    But the bastard sword has been my companion and has performed well. But it is important to say that I have 50 points in faith.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 3:07 pm