Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
lorenzo110
Railage
RANT
Scudman_Slayer
reim0027
befowler
WyrmHero
Tolvo
exandroide
13 posters

parrying in PVP

gekkyy

parrying in PVP - Page 2 Empty Re: parrying in PVP

Post by gekkyy Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:58 am

One thing I don't get is that people recommend using Parrying dagger or Target Shield.
    But if I read the description on them:
    Parrying Dagger:
    "This dagger is useful after parrying and is normally equipped in the left hand."
    Target Shield:
    "Small shields are always less stable, but landing critical hits after parry is easier. This shield is specialized for parrying."

I understand it as this; you'll get a bigger window of time for landing your r1 attack after a succesfull parry. Not that the parrying gets easier? correct me if I'm wrong.
    exandroide
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by exandroide Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:27 am

thanks for the tips everyone. i actually successfully parried someone wielding the GLGS last nite, EXACTLY when i wanted...but i guess after parrying Gwyn to death so many times i'm used to that moveset.

the host ran away and flasked 3 times, then killed me with a lucky shot and well what is it-ed over my dead body, but i considered it a victory anyways 8)
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:32 pm

gekkyy wrote:One thing I don't get is that people recommend using Parrying dagger or Target Shield.
    But if I read the description on them:
    Parrying Dagger:
    "This dagger is useful after parrying and is normally equipped in the left hand."
    Target Shield:
    "Small shields are always less stable, but landing critical hits after parry is easier. This shield is specialized for parrying."

I understand it as this; you'll get a bigger window of time for landing your r1 attack after a succesfull parry. Not that the parrying gets easier? correct me if I'm wrong.

No it does mean your actual parry window is bigger, not the riposte time after. However in pvp this actually works against you because the parry animation is longer meaning if you miss they have more time to punish. Bare hand parrying seems to have the fastest recovery(at least compared to shields) but you can only do it on the first attack since you can't block with your arm.
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:09 pm

Good video on how to "lure" a parry...thought i would share.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evL9m67mwAM

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:26 am