Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Tolvo
Demi_God0415
Whknight
DxV04
ublug
FexDS
Unforseen
Emergence
Dj-B-Man-Jr
BLA1NE
14 posters

Weapon Upgrade Stats at +4/ +14?

BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Weapon Upgrade Stats at +4/ +14? - Page 2 Empty Re: Weapon Upgrade Stats at +4/ +14?

Post by BLA1NE Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:36 am

Oh... whatever, that can stay there! A few pages have that eccentricity--if anything it'll make the wiki less boring dry. silly
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Weapon Upgrade Stats at +4/ +14? - Page 2 Empty Re: Weapon Upgrade Stats at +4/ +14?

Post by Whknight Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:38 am

Alright, sounds good. What should be done about the Bastard Sword page? It looks like an old template and appears to be fully filled out, but I don't know if those are pre or post 1.5.
    Demi_God0415
    Demi_God0415
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Demi_God0415 Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:39 am

thanks for letting me know, it just fun filling each stats, it's like an exam (might be because i'm asian, dnt knw. happy ) gonna continue tomorrow, still needs to get the other embers and farm.
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:41 am

Black Knight Sword page could use work, but I don't have the permission to edit it.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:08 am

Last person to have edited it is Fex, he could be the one who locked it. Just before him, another user deleted all the info from it, so I'm guessing he locked it to prevent it getting vandalized again. Maybe if you ask him, he could unlock it.

And bastard sword's been practically unchanged since October 22--definitely pre-any template! To be honest I was more concerned with just getting all the numbers in first, then formatting all the pages to look the same after. But... I have to get to bed, I'll think about it tomorrow!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:57 am

Hey before I go tampering with anything, I was just wondering if anyone can give me a few guidelines since I don't want to really mess up or anything. I have a few weapons just before their final upgrade path, like a Lightning Flamberg +4, Demon Great Hammer +14, Lightning Man Serpent Sword +4, etc. I actually don't like to farm Slabs so I usually just go to the second to last upgrade path. I was just wondering how exactly adding onto that progress page works? I'm very new to Wiki's.

EDIT: I just realized the X means it is already crossed off an not needed, so I'm actually not sure if I have anything to contribute. I will be back after looking through my items to be sure.

EDIT 2: I have a +14-Broadsword, Shortsword, Longsword, Barbed Straight Sword, Balder Side Sword, Bastard Sword, Flamberg, Man Serpent Great Sword, Scimitar, Shotel, Uchigatana, Washing Pole, Rapier, Estoc, Ricard's Rapier, Notched Whip, Composite Bow, and Short Bow.

Plus I have a +4Crystal Halberd.

So how do I add these stats?
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:20 am

So sorry for the late reply, was watching TV.

X means it has not been listed, and I'm still not sure on how far pages are that don't have the before final paths. I believe for the most part we have final upgrades though.

Don't need a slab to get data for the final paths, go to the upgrade menu and press examine, and stat in blue is what the final version would have.

As for adding it's pretty easy~ Go to the page, click edit at the top right, select the box you wish to edit and input your data. A scrolling bar at the top will have several options like save and cancel. If you need to add rows to the table select a spot on the table and a tiny little box will appear with table options close by. Don't worry about screwing stuff up it's easy to fix and we are still in the process of formating the pages. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Blaine I'll send Fex a PM asking for weapon pages to be unlocked, and I'll do what I can to get them on the format.

Last edited by Whknight on Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Brainfart, added bit about final upgrades)
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:28 am

An X in the box means the info is missing. I did it that way because, eventually, once we've done more than there are left, I wanted it to be easy to tell what was left to do. Would be hard to see the few holes in a whole wall of Xs.

Like Knight said, adding info is pretty simple. Just follow the instructions on the page (which is also linked in my sig). But really, once you notice the little box, everything is easy from there.

If you're not sure you did it right, just post the weapons you added info to here and we'll check them.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:47 am

Ah crap, so I've listed a ton of stuff that is already filled out. Well then I think I'm going to just spend all of my extra souls on mats for upgrading weapons to different paths, getting some chunks every now and then, and buying weapons that haven't been listed. I don't know why, but I feel like I need to contribute to the wiki that has helped me out so much...Actually that's probably why. If only my PC was in the same room as my PS3, then I could just sit there going through my items typing it out, it looks like I'm going to have to actually use pen and paper.
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:49 am

Actually, I'm not sure how accurate any of the greatsword/ultra greatswords are, that's a place to start off at if you want :p
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:54 am

You know what, maybe I'll reverse the Xs thing. I just realized, since I (or the user that finished it, as I wrote in the instructions) remove the rows, and eventually columns, that are completed, there won't ever be a wall of Xs. And it is more intuitive to checke the box that's done rather than uncheck it...

I might do that tomorrow.

If you don't know where to start, I'd appreciate it if you could chip away at some of the crystal+14 weapons! That, and Chaos with 10 humanities, are the ones I really think are most important.
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:20 am

Also I want to note some pages may have attack values but due to their current old format not the other stats, like right now I'm almost finished with Man-Serpent Greatsword and all it has are the attack stats. Just poke around and fill out what you can happy
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:41 am

Crystal Weapons, why did it have to be Crystal weapons?

Sure I'll start with some of those, sadly I'm on NG so getting that Ember again is going to be a not so fun experience in the Duke's Archives. But I have a bunch of Chunks, 99 Large and 99 regular shards, so it shouldn't take to long to get some done.
    FexDS
    FexDS
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Post by FexDS Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:10 am

Thank you guys for your hard work and grats Whknight on new title happy
    meridam99
    meridam99

Post by meridam99 Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:15 am

FexDS wrote:Thank you guys for your hard work and grats Whknight on new title happy

Congrats Whknight!
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:49 am

Congrats yourself :p Yay thank you ^^;
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:44 pm

Oooh, nice one!

Meridam's got some fearsome hammers too, let's hope he doesn't need to use them much!
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:45 pm

Ok I just made a Raw Broadsword +5, used Large Shards the whole time. Also I checked the Ring shield, it does decrease by 4.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:51 pm

Hmm... So that's why Raw is so bad! I'll probably remove it from the table, then.

Thanks for testing the shield. Did it always take so little? I never used it much, but I thought you could only use it a few times before your weapon was at risk before.
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:01 pm

Pretty sure it was always like that, pre 1.05 I could run through and kill each Darkwraith and it wouldn't get close to breaking. I'm going to do fire shields today but I'm close to being done, I'm only missing Duke's embers and Seath/Bed of Chaos.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:55 pm

Cool, I'm finding the elemental upgrade info on shields very interesting.

The weapon work page is done, by the way. Ready to be filled out! In the process of updating my sig right now...
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:59 pm

Sounds great, Carphil said he'd help out also.

Yeah I just did Effigy and I'm betting Fire % will be in the 80s at +10, that's a pretty powerful small shield. The tradeoff of more protection for less stability is so incrediably thought out, I'm itching to get to magic and see what happens to the Gargoyle shield, of all of them that may become the most balanced for damage reduction.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:05 pm

Yeah, most shields are quite lacking in magic defense, so I'm really interested to see if upgrading along that path will balance them out more.
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:11 pm

Tell you what, I'm lacking in souls right now but list me 3-4 other shields along with Gargoyle that you want to see magic on and I'll take them to +5 and add them to the wiki before I venture into Dukes.

Going to tack Balder to that also, if magic could get to 45-50% it would be a good shield also.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:19 pm

Ah, no worries! Keep doing it at your pace. I'll just have a look at whichever ones you do. Do you have a system where you go down the list, or are you doing them a bit at random?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:24 pm