Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
Bito
DxV04
Yarxov
Maneater_Mildred
Forum Pirate
DarkW17
FruitPunchNinja
CrackSouls
befowler
reim0027
callipygias
aceluby
eninala
Gol
skarekrow13
Rin
Rynoa
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Tolvo
cloudyeki
mugenis4real
ViralEnsign_
Baiulus
27 posters

I can't say I'm against forest farmers

callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

I can't say I'm against forest farmers - Page 3 Empty Re: I can't say I'm against forest farmers

Post by callipygias Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:26 pm

Why did the OP get negatives? Man, this forum is... invader-friendly, to put it mildly. I'll positive you up tomorrow, OP!
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

I can't say I'm against forest farmers - Page 3 Empty Re: I can't say I'm against forest farmers

Post by DxV04 Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:33 pm

I don't know why, the OP was just expressing his opinion. But at the same time those who gave him negative were doing the same Sleep

Edit: Maybe they did not like his avatar. :affraid:
    Bito
    Bito

Post by Bito Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:42 pm

wow i want to find good duel in the Forest (Solo) I can't say I'm against forest farmers - Page 3 945058907
    but after see this thread it looks like i will just get ganked by
    invader I can't say I'm against forest farmers - Page 3 3358384175

i just bored waiting in Burg and Kiln
    trying to invade but get invaded at the same time or always failed when summon Dragon player I can't say I'm against forest farmers - Page 3 1330857165
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:47 pm

I never said Hunters can do no wrong, I did say I still get ganked from time to time in the forest, merely that through my experiences I've found hosts to be less friendly than the invaders, my personal experiences. I also mentioned that we have different experiences.

Also I'm pretty sure the reason he got repped down was because of how he said it. If someone said they believe Forest Hunters are not as "honourable" as they say they are, fair enough. But, "about 90% of the members of that damned covenant are guilty of ganking their fair share of people with their fellow members, and the majority of them, in my experience, aren't above running off behind NPC enemies to use a humanity." Take a guess how people are going to respond to you insulting 90% of their covenant.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:03 pm

Bito wrote:wow i want to find good duel in the Forest (Solo) I can't say I'm against forest farmers - Page 3 945058907
    but after see this thread it looks like i will just get ganked by
    invader I can't say I'm against forest farmers - Page 3 3358384175

i just bored waiting in Burg and Kiln
    trying to invade but get invaded at the same time or always failed when summon Dragon player I can't say I'm against forest farmers - Page 3 1330857165

Why don't you join FC Fight Club. The PNS one is hot. The XBox well people don't step up to the plate to organize one. I like randomness so I play human, gravelord and invade the forest! cheers
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:05 pm

Tolvo, I like to see OP and mugenis4real invade the forest as a Darkwraith. Then they can come back and make some comments. That is probably the worst way to invade the forest.
    Railage
    Railage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Railage Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:41 pm

I've done a lot of invasions and I've been invaded a lot in the forest, and I can say it's a host friendly place.

As an invader 3 out of 5 times you're probably going to get ganked by a farmer and his two phantoms.

As an invadee, you at least have a chance to kill a invader before another one invades you.

So after saying that, I'm against this forest farming thread.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:12 pm

I was originally a Chaos Servant, but it wasn't what I had thought it'd be. Continued on in the story and then came across Alvina while I was still in human form. No idea what the covenant really was, but joined anyways. Rest is history.

I'm sure some players had advance knowledge by looking through the wiki, but I still don't support griefers of any sort. Stems back all the way to when I started playing gunz and found out about K-style, but that's a story for another day.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:43 pm

I get what the op was saying and don't wanna add any disrespect for the opinion. Could be some hunters don't get an accurate look at how many other bad hunters there are. If one of us professed "not deplorable" hunters invade we only get to see half the rate or less as a host. Personally I did more Kiln hosting than forest so most of my experience with hunters is skewed as I refuse to jump someone, bs, etc. Also, while I still defend us verbally and in digital combat, the truth is there are still cheap hunters by the score. You have the right to call those guys out. To all those defending hosts out there know that we love having you in our woods because that's how we all get to play. If I see you in forest we're gonna have a fight. And we'll have fun
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:47 am

y'know of late i've seen no 3v1's in the forest only 2v1's or 2v2's or 2v3's (host+phantom =2) maybe from patched the summon #'s for the forest...

either way each side has the capability to gain allies and gank the other... im just going to stay out of the forest and gravelord or maybe engage in jolly co-operation else-where...
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:13 am

Umm... for every 100 invasions I do in the forest, as a wraith, moon, or hunter, I get maybe 2 with other invaders that team on a solo host. 90 of them are the host having phantoms, ganking, bs fishing, and when you kill the phantoms they dc. The other 8 are honorable duels. So yeah, my three cents (I'm hip like that).
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:55 am

reim0027 wrote:
    befowler wrote:I usually just respond with Brick quotes ("I like lamp") and try to waste their time in hopes some FH is backstabbing them while they read my msg.
    I like lamp! Hilarious. I'm going to remember that.

I tried to honestly farm in the forest, tried honestly hosting. I would summon whites to duel. Many times, when they realized I wasn't ganking, they would BC out. Look Skyward

There is a difference between lawless and honorless.

/high horse.

WHOA, i have a lot to read to catch up, but I just wanted to point out.

Some people, myself included are BC out because we don't want to duel or farm, we want to fight sif. I get pretty pissy when I get summoned at SL 20 or so by two masked giants and they want me to farm, I crystal out. Likewise I get summoned by a katana wielder who sends me off into battle alone, if I kill one invader and we don't seem to move forward I BC out, I am not there to duel I want to help others with Sif.

Just my 2 cents. I am not saying they are ALL like me, but I just wanted to point out there is more than one obvious reason to crystal out in that case.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:57 am

Yukon, I was hosting at about 140 or so. Most of the people dropping signs there are in it for PvP.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:16 am

Hm, fair enough I suppose I can't say the majority of us have a 120 or higher character just trying to get to NG X+

Still I park my 118 level character all around the world hoping for jolly cooperation, and he has his black crystal as a hotkey... the number of duelest and farmers that summon is a little unsettling but expected all the same and I don't just mean in the forest. I don't have anything against duelers but I really need to be in the mood to want to play gladiator, haha. Just a bit of personal taste. IN the end I guess its to be expected at that level and my original point was for my lower level builds that suffer the same thing.
    russiannightmare
    russiannightmare
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by russiannightmare Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:12 am

I have to agree. Lets face it its exciting in the forest because you never know what your going to invade into. most hosts and phantoms in the forest are built for pvp to some extent or so. Now how good they are can vary across the board. Plus theres nothing better then killing 2 phantoms and watching the host run despritely looking for summon signs, then you can stalk the host slowly just toying with them. Don't get me wrong I hate jumpers or when I'm 2-3v1ed and they taunt or bow like they are honorable after beating me but what goes around comes around. If I'm a forest hunter guess what I lose nothing and I just put my ring back on bc I know if there is a phantom in there with the host then I know he or she is locked out of going back to the bonfire to replenish their flaskes so I'll be back to chip away at them again and sooner or later victory.

I can't say I'm against forest farmers - Page 3 639795459

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 3:53 pm