Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Dragonslayer Build

mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Dragonslayer Build Empty Dragonslayer Build

Post by mugenis4real Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:56 am

Soul Level-120
    Vitality:36
    Attunement:12
    Endurance:40
    Strength:40
    Dexterity:40
    Resistance:12
    Intelligence:15
    Faith:8

RightHand-Dragonslayer Greatbow+5
    RightHand2-Lightning Avelyn+5
    LeftHand-Oolacile Ivory Catalyst
    LeftHand2-Empty/Preference

Mask Of The Mother
    Naked/Preference
    Naked/Preference
    Naked/Preference

Hawk Ring
    Ring Of Fog/Red Tearstone Ring/Ring Of Favor And Protection

Chameleon
    Fall Control

===================================================
    Your main weapon, and the powerhouse gun, is the one and only Dragonslayer Greatbow and boy oh boy is she a beauty. Packing enough force behind every shot to send your target careening off the nearest cliff, flying towards a trap they "avoided", or into the loving arms of an angry enemy, every shot that connects gives you a satisfaction that few other weapons can. It's raining giant arrows. I hope you brought your umbrella.

Playing The Build:
    1. Always take the high ground (obvious right?)
    2. Know the area your invading (best positions)
    3. Stay hidden (can't kill what you can't see)
    4. Unload Avelyn (if they get too close for comfort, let them taste lightning)
    5. Know where the target is, has been, and is headed towards (knowing really is half the battle)
    6. Ladders are your friends (your that much harder to get to)
    7. Chameleon+Fall Control (conceal yourself+your going to be on high ground so don't take the damage when its time to ditch or take a shortcut)
    8. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOUR ENVIRONMENT (traps, ledges, enemies, knock them into a situation you would hate to be in. it's the point.)

There you have it. Easily customizable, tons of fun, and makes a great support toon to boot. Umbasa!

Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Dragonslayer Build Empty Re: Dragonslayer Build

Post by Imarreteet23 Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:25 pm

Lol great troll build. You should wear silver knight armor for added realism. Then invade in anor londo and join your two other archer friends.
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:27 pm

Imarreteet23 wrote:Lol great troll build. You should wear silver knight armor for added realism. Then invade in anor londo and join your two other archer friends.

I don't know why I didn't think of doing that sooner lmao
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:53 pm

Oh god, i shouldnt have said that. big grin
    SublimeSinner
    SublimeSinner
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SublimeSinner Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:44 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvuRq7HgEKY&feature=related

My only response to your idea.
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:10 am

SublimeSinner wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvuRq7HgEKY&feature=related

My only response to your idea.

Oh sweet heavens! Some of the finest trolling I have seen to date cheers
    SublimeSinner
    SublimeSinner
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SublimeSinner Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:14 pm

Moar you say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWYDBnMqiXE&feature=related

I love following this guy's escapades.
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:40 pm

Nooooooooo why would you post this stuff sublime? Mugenis alredy has the greatest troll build ever with the most potential. Why would you give him more ideas? lol!
    SublimeSinner
    SublimeSinner
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SublimeSinner Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:26 pm

Why only use silver knight?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX01KWwcMYw
    Why stop there?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Esk2nuLGKzY
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:59 pm

Ok, i gotta admit, the black knight one was pretty funny, but still. Nooooooooooooooooo
    roanispe
    roanispe
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by roanispe Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:23 pm

Something important to note is that whenever you are using a bow, you are two-handing it, so you are treated as having 1.5x your strength. This means with both the Composite Bow and the Dragonslayer Greatbow (which both have Str and Dex scaling C), the ideal ratio is 2:3 of Strength to Dexterity. The ratio doesn't seem to work so well after 40 Dex but, after that point you are only getting around 20 more AR. I personally suggest Strength be 28 and Dexterity be 42 and that gives you 10 points to redistribute.

You could, if you are comfortable with only 36 Vit, put these points into Int which will give you access to Crystal Magic Weapon and CHSM. This would allow you to buff a melee weapon of your choice to be quite deadly and there is some synergy between using bow up close and CHSM. If you time your shot right, the moment your opponent leaves the roll to dodge the CHSM you can hit them with an arrow. However, I suggest putting all the points into Vit, which will make you much more survivable.

If you really want to take advantage of the potential of CHSM with a bow, then don't focus on Strength at all and instead pick up a +10 Magic or +5 Enchanted bow of your choice. This would allow you to also have Velka's Rapier as a melee weapon, which is a favourite of many great PvPers.

I suggest picking up a +15 Murakumo if you choose to use either stat distribution if you can handle the weight. It is a very deadly weapon. Also, for more serious PvP, I always prefer a +15 Composite Bow over the +5 Dragon Greatbow.
    SublimeSinner
    SublimeSinner
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SublimeSinner Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:44 pm

roanispe wrote:I suggest picking up a +15 Murakumo if you choose to use either stat distribution if you can handle the weight. It is a very deadly weapon. Also, for more serious PvP, I always prefer a +15 Composite Bow over the +5 Dragon Greatbow.

The dragon bow would be mostly used for it's knock back to kill not damage I'm sure. Take note of the first two videos I posted for examples. The dragon slayer is not for close range like the composite (only 38 range) either.
    roanispe
    roanispe
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by roanispe Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:49 pm

I have a build where I use both a Composite Bow and Dragon Greatbow exclusively (much like this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHWtgGGx5aQ ) and while both bows are deadly, the Composite Bow's shorter animations and the wider arrow variety make it much more useful, in my opinion. Both are viable in PvP as the video shows.

Whenever the opponent attempts to distance himself or close the gap, the Dragon Greatbow can land a shot with a much more devastating impact than the Composite Bow. When the opponent is attacking at close range with a buffed weapon, the Composite Bow has a much bigger window of opportunity to land a shot when the opponent misses an attack. The video does show on many occasions where he draws the Dragon Greatbow after a whiffed attack but, I am not as good as the player in the video and I need the larger window. When the opponents buff runs out, you can tank a hit and use the Dragon Greatbow to great effect; it shows off, as you said, the greatest attraction of the knock-back. (As seen at 5:10 in the video.)

In a serious PvP match, the area tends to be smaller and opponents can lay on the pressure consistently. Not only will your opponent be making less mistakes to exploit but, will exploit yours mercilessly. The shorter animation of the Composite Bow is a godsend (like how at 5:14 he punishes an Avelyn shot) as if you draw the Greatbow at the wrong time, you can expect to take a great deal of damage (like at 5:07 he takes hit from an Avelyn).

Last edited by roanispe on Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Something sounded stupid.)
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:33 am

@SublimeSinner rofl new troll techniques are blowing my mind, I'm already planning my next build!

@roanispe you do make some good points, but I made my stats as they are because this is, at the end of the day, just my fun troll build. Your changes would be a huge improvement if I was planning on fighting my opponent head on, or even slightly fair, but frankly I'm not king

A more serious build focused on fair PvP does sound interesting nonetheless and if you feel like posting your own it would be really cool to see happy
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:40 am

http://tinyurl.com/75hdkxs

This is my bows/murakumo hybrid build. Hope that gives you some ideas.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:15 am