Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Yarxov
ErrJon6661
callipygias
ChizFreak
8 posters

Dark Souls Confirmed for PC!!!!!!!!!!!

ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Dark Souls Confirmed for PC!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Dark Souls Confirmed for PC!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by ChizFreak Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:07 pm

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/04/07/petition-attrition-dark-souls-confirmed-for-pc/

It will include new bosses! Don't worry, this is not related to the Announcemnt on Facebook, at least I don't think so.

Most probably it will be a DLC that will include the new Bosses that will already come in the PC edition.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Dark Souls Confirmed for PC!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: Dark Souls Confirmed for PC!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by callipygias Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:14 pm

Holy crap. New bosses. Somebody please give the info to us poor suckers at work who can't view the link and don't want to wait till we get home.
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Dark Souls Confirmed for PC!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: Dark Souls Confirmed for PC!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by ErrJon6661 Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:17 pm

It just say's that the pc version is confirmed and there will be some additional content. Its target date is in august.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:17 pm

callipygias wrote:Holy crap. New bosses. Somebody please give the info to us poor suckers at work who can't view the link and don't want to wait till we get home.

No specific new info, all pages have the info that says that the German magazine PC Action has "unofficially confirmed" that Dark Souls will come to PC and that it will include new bosses. That's all the english pages say. "Unofficially" because From Sofware hasn't speak about it yet, that's what most people are waiting for.

If you know German, you could go to PC Action and search for the article to see if there is more info than that.

Only extra thing: It's coming in August.

EDIT: Ninja'd
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:24 pm

Thanks very much for posting!
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:00 pm

Why new bosses for PC? That's messed up >.<
    Especially since it will have to be a console DLC while PC version gets it all for the same price :\
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:20 pm

I agree Yarxov. I'm a bit pissed about that potential situation as well. But what are ya gonna do. My worry is the possibility of new items and how that could effect pvp for those who don't have it.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:25 pm

And the hacks will be awful. Wallhacks in Dark souls. It's like fighting ghosts without transient curses, but the ghosts can OHK you and aren't really ghosts but some person who is fed up with losing.
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:03 pm

And if/when they figure out how to use console codes in DkS.
    TheTruth
    TheTruth
    Casual
    Casual

Post by TheTruth Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:09 pm

im super exicited about this!!!! what if this is an answer to ever1s serching for pendent secrets and such silly . i wouldnt be suprised if Miyazaki was a member of this community and watchs everything we do/try. lol!
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:11 pm

That could be it, it could be used to tie up a few loose ends and unanswerable questions. Possibly including some items that weren't in game but eluded to such as artoria's armor and such.

I'm excited, just a bit bummed that I may have to pay for it.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:14 pm

^Ha^ I was thinking how I'd pay pretty much anything for it. And I'll do it smiling. For $60 I've gotten well over a thousand hours of entertainment from Dark Souls. They've earned my money.
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:21 pm

I'm a broke *** musician. I don't like having to pay for stuff hahahahahaha.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:26 pm

Disappointing that it looks like PC gets new stuff for free while the consoles will seemingly have to pay for this stuff.

They said they'd release the game 'complete' so if new stuff is free for PC gooners then they should make it so for the consoles too, even though that wouldn't happen :|
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:27 pm

You never know, they could release it in the console's online stores as free downloads, or piggy back it on a patch.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:28 pm

Hmm perhaps. I suppose they could use the potential PC port as a way to turn a profit from the creation of free DLC
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:30 pm

I'm really unsure about how its going to preform on pc. There's some issues that have come up before but lets not rehash that discussion.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:07 pm

The lag, oh god the lag.

And patch-content might be an option, it would be in their best interest as to not piss off their fans.
    TheTruth
    TheTruth
    Casual
    Casual

Post by TheTruth Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:43 pm

it would be cool to get the DLC for free, but the way the industry is today they will most likly make us pay. they know we want/need it and they gonna exploit that. my guess for xbox live users is 800 microsoft points. i am unframiliar with how PSN works.
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:06 am

Apart from GOTY or collectors editions I've never bought dlc in my life. Fallout GOTY, Oblivion GOTY and Borderlands GOTY.
    Bawheidbob
    Bawheidbob
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Bawheidbob Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:30 am

Console players will get the DLC for free.
    Zechk
    Zechk

Post by Zechk Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:03 am

To be honest I'd pay for some new bosses provided they are added to the game in a seamless way rather than just dumped in existing areas or something, and provided the existing level of quality is upheld. It's a six month old game, seems fair to me, the dev team have to eat. I'd rather pay than not get new bosses at all.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:23 am

ErrJon6661 wrote:Apart from GOTY or collectors editions I've never bought dlc in my life. Fallout GOTY, Oblivion GOTY and Borderlands GOTY.

Me either lol, usually it doesn't appeal to me, and really unless the DLC is truly substantial for what I have to pay for it then I might not get it to be honest. I paid £30 for it first time round, Im not gonna pay another £10 for just 2 bosses silly
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:11 pm

I had dragon age origins on my pc, torrented of course. I pirated the dlc and was like what the hell? hhahaha. Each one added a mission or two, maybe a new dungeon and some new items. I couldn't believe people had paid for it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 11:17 am