Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Blade of The Sun
Yesuurd
Wade_Wilson
WyrmHero
Emergence
RANT
aceluby
11 posters

'Force' in FC

WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

'Force' in FC - Page 2 Empty Re: 'Force' in FC

Post by WyrmHero Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:40 pm

Also Ace, I just read FC's chivalry code and rule number 5 says No spell spamming. So maybe Rant could modify that rule.

Edit: I also did some Great Lightning Spear spamming against Tarkus, because he medium rolls.
    Blade of The Sun
    Blade of The Sun
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Blade of The Sun Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:11 pm

I've read through the FC threads and actually find the group kind of boring. DmS, and Dark Souls is so much fun because there is a variety of classic RPG aesthetics blended fairly well with some innovative ideas. Honestly at SL 120 and up you should be able to cast WotG's or Force as a primary form of attack. At SL 60-95 maybe the rules would make more sense, but at SL 120 and up your rules basically state that you should just pick a stat scaling weapon and perform melee battles. For this I won't participate in FC until someone starts host 50-60 level games or there is more support for straight melee builds (where the rules of FC make sense). The only thing I find cheap in the game is anything that can utilize lag or faulty game mechanics to achieve a victory.

The List so far (based on personal experience)

1.) bs
    2.) Combustion
    Baal-Avatar
    Baal-Avatar
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Baal-Avatar Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:24 pm

Players use many different play styles in FC, but I also think it is important to remember the etiquette serves a purpose. Anyone of us, at anytime, can participate in PVP with spamming, bs, turtling etc. Those types of fights are easy to find in DkS. FC has rules to make it fun. Players test out builds, try new techniques, learn strategies and enjoy the PVP with other forum members.

The last time I hosted in Blighttown, I actually jumped in the pit because a player was casting what I thought was WoG multiple times in a row. It turned out to be Force, so I climbed out of the pit. At some point in such a small place certain spells and techniques are too much. If the location was larger, it may not be as much as an issue. I would just be mindful of this while participating.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:29 pm

Blade of The Sun wrote:I've read through the FC threads and actually find the group kind of boring. DmS, and Dark Souls is so much fun because there is a variety of classic RPG aesthetics blended fairly well with some innovative ideas. Honestly at SL 120 and up you should be able to cast WotG's or Force as a primary form of attack. At SL 60-95 maybe the rules would make more sense, but at SL 120 and up your rules basically state that you should just pick a stat scaling weapon and perform melee battles. For this I won't participate in FC until someone starts host 50-60 level games or there is more support for straight melee builds (where the rules of FC make sense). The only thing I find cheap in the game is anything that can utilize lag or faulty game mechanics to achieve a victory.

The List so far (based on personal experience)

1.) bs
    2.) Combustion

what baal said, also why not just give it a try instead of just dismissing it? you might end up liking it a lot.
    meridam99
    meridam99

Post by meridam99 Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:31 pm

I have deleted all of the off-topic posts. Wow Emergence, Baal, and myself all bringing the "Wrath of the Titans", don't you all feel special
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:32 pm

meridam99 wrote:I have deleted all of the off-topic posts. Wow Emergence, Baal, and myself all bringing the "Wrath of the Titans", don't you all feel special

lol i llike the movie reference.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:35 pm

FC is great I love it, and maybe it favors melee players, but I think we have such amazing fights it's actually quite epic. Also Rant respond to me! silly
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:37 pm

in my personal opinion spam Force as much as you want because its funny as hell and does no damage, just don't be lame and go for a stun lock once you break their shield guard.

as far as WOG goes, i think people complain way to much about it. if you use WOG offensively, as in running towards the person chasing them and spamming it, then yes it is cheap. The way it should be used imo is if you getting attacked none stop, you can't create distance your stamina is almost out your against a wall etc... use it to create space and get situated.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:39 pm

WyrmHero wrote:FC is great I love it, and maybe it favors melee players, but I think we have such amazing fights it's actually quite epic. Also Rant respond to me! silly

what? spamming question? go to the sticky, i explained it there.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:41 pm

Force it's funny, but you can stun them and the stunlock them to death. Funny to me, but to some it is not, lol.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:42 pm

RantFromRant wrote:
    WyrmHero wrote:FC is great I love it, and maybe it favors melee players, but I think we have such amazing fights it's actually quite epic. Also Rant respond to me! silly

what? spamming question? go to the sticky, i explained it there.

Got it Rant, ty!
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:49 pm

I've fought some people (not in FC) using force, if you block, they quicly switch to WoG and it will still damage you for a bit, unless you're with good magic def shield. For me its a effective strategy and has no problems, just opinion.
    Blade of The Sun
    Blade of The Sun
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Blade of The Sun Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:52 pm

The point of FC being fun feels arbitrary because to me Fun is not FC. Fun is subjective so to generalize it, that seems like a moot point to make, as is the point about random invasions.

if you can show me 5 drastically different builds that wouldn't violate the chivalry code of FC somehow, then I might consider trying it, but I just can't see it otherwise.

@Wyrm

I do not doubt the amount of excitement in your fights, I actually think the fights might last longer than a normal invasion. Which by many accounts could be fun, but DmS didn't have nearly the amount of play style ridicule that Dark Souls has received. I used to hate DBS invaders, but then I adapted.

I'm happy that you people have found a way to enjoy PvP, but if you get invaded or matched up with someone who uses spell harrassment as a primary tool and discredit their ability to be a contender I find that is very volatile sportsmanship. I guess to answer your question more straight forward, using a melee knockback combo shouldn't violate the rules however wait for an opportune time to cast instead of the bum rushing blast until they fall strategy.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:58 pm

Blade of The Sun wrote:The point of FC being fun feels arbitrary because to me Fun is not FC. Fun is subjective so to generalize it, that seems like a moot point to make, as is the point about random invasions.

if you can show me 5 drastically different builds that wouldn't violate the chivalry code of FC somehow, then I might consider trying it, but I just can't see it otherwise.

@Wyrm

I do not doubt the amount of excitement in your fights, I actually think the fights might last longer than a normal invasion. Which by many accounts could be fun, but DmS didn't have nearly the amount of play style ridicule that Dark Souls has received. I used to hate DBS invaders, but then I adapted.

I'm happy that you people have found a way to enjoy PvP, but if you get invaded or matched up with someone who uses spell harrassment as a primary tool and discredit their ability to be a contender I find that is very volatile sportsmanship. I guess to answer your question more straight forward, using a melee knockback combo shouldn't violate the rules however wait for an opportune time to cast instead of the bum rushing blast until they fall strategy.

the thing is most of us are sick of people just fishing for backstabs and doing nothing but waiting for an opportunity to backstab you with the hornet ring and youre dead, i think we all knwo how to counter that but after doing it all day it gets boring, im actually pretty good at countering backstabs, when never someone is just fishing for backstabs i just chain bs them. last time i was in the kiln there was this guy that all he was doing is fishing for backstabs then he landed one and tried to chain bs me which ended in a parry in my part then i chain bsd him(took 4 bs's since he was in full troll gear with mom), a minute later he sends me a gg message and he asks me how to chain bs cause hes been trying for days but cant do it. this is not the first time that happened to me which says a lot about the community.
    Blade of The Sun
    Blade of The Sun
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Blade of The Sun Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:04 pm

RantFromRant wrote:

Would you mind elaborating a little more about how BS is relevant to spells? Your story was great, and the BSer was very humble to the fact that he lost fair and square, but I am not seeing the connection to what I wrote and your response? :oops:
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:06 pm

Basically it sounds like spamming force is ok as long as it's to get a hit or two in, not a stunlock, or to break guard and get a good WoG in.

I think I may be trying to perfect this strategy for my Fth toon in the near future.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:08 pm

Blade of The Sun wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:

Would you mind elaborating a little more about how BS is relevant to spells? Your story was great, and the BSer was very humble to the fact that he lost fair and square, but I am not seeing the connection to what I wrote and your response? :oops:

The point of the story was to illustrate why we do FC (in genera) and why we have established rules. It also illustrates why we have those rules, mainly to have more (or different) fun than normal duels or invasions.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:24 pm

well if you read my story i was trying to explain what we all do in FC since you find it not fun and clearly havent fought anyone there, but if your idea of fun means getting backstabbed over and over again then that is up to you, someone that doesnt bs you is very rare outside of fc and if you do choose to go down to blighttown one of these night im sure you will see more than five different builds.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:35 pm

Question has been answered, locking this thread up. The rules of Fight Club have been voted on and agreed upon by the dozens of community members who participate in it. As a result, we don't expect to have to moderate discussions regarding what it should or should not be.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 12:31 pm