Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
mugenis4real
PlasticandRage
The_Tao
berkut
Railage
befowler
nsane32
Imarreteet23
Uparkaam
Digitalyzed
Yukon
PPG-3-
skarekrow13
meridam99
18 posters

So what upcoming games are people looking forward to???

meridam99
    meridam99

So what upcoming games are people looking forward to??? Empty So what upcoming games are people looking forward to???

Post by meridam99 Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:36 pm

Me, Myself, and I are looking for ideas...
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

So what upcoming games are people looking forward to??? Empty Re: So what upcoming games are people looking forward to???

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:19 pm

With all the DLC speculation how could you dream of other games?

I'm actually looking forward to more Vita stuff because I'm set for a long time with Souls and Skyrim back and forth. I have a lot of Skyrim left too......
    PPG-3-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

So what upcoming games are people looking forward to??? Empty Re: So what upcoming games are people looking forward to???

Post by PPG-3- Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:30 pm

Diablo III.

Rumour has it that it may be coming to PS3. I'm keeping a close eye on it. As that will save me the need to buy a computer.

Only thing it may come out a year after the PC release :s

Recently beat Dead Space 2. It was great.

Currently playing Batman (the newest one). It was wayyyyy over hyped. I'm not enjoying it at all to be honest with you.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:35 pm

I really could not get through deadspace 2.. isaac was a much better silent protagonist. He just kept shaking me out of the atmosphere everytime he opened his mouth, which was about every time I hit a monster to save bullets.

I think the obvious one you are going to hear is Dragons Dogma if the past month hasnt been enough of a hint. I'm thinking of it, but really, I have been looking forward to Team ICO's Last Guardian... mostly because of the love I had for the previous game lending itself to blind faith in them, not really crazy for a boy and his monster story, but maybe they can pull it off and get me lovestruck.
    Digitalyzed
    Digitalyzed
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Digitalyzed Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:27 pm

Borderlands 2, Borderlands 2, Borderlands 2, Borderlands 2, Borderlands 2, Borderlands 2, Borderlands 2, maybe Call of Duty 9 as the campaign is supposedly about zombies, and Borderlands 2.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:30 pm

None.
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:37 pm

Dishonered and Bioshock infinite. They both look amazing!
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:42 pm

Dragon's Dogma, Prey 2, Aliens Colonial Marines, Far Cry 3 look alot like the first one which is a good thing.
    meridam99
    meridam99

Post by meridam99 Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:04 pm

Is anyone looking forward to Borderlands 2?
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:11 pm

Digitalyzed wrote:Borderlands 2, Borderlands 2, Borderlands 2, Borderlands 2, Borderlands 2, Borderlands 2, Borderlands 2, maybe Call of Duty 9 as the campaign is supposedly about zombies, and Borderlands 2.
    Nope, dosen't seem like anyone. happy
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:18 pm

Diablo III

Borderlands 2

But all pale in comparison next to:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/wasteland-2
    Railage
    Railage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Railage Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:39 pm

Borderlands 2.
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:04 pm

Its already out, but I have yet to play it. Xenoblade Chronicles <3
    Digitalyzed
    Digitalyzed
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Digitalyzed Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:06 pm

Imarreteet23 wrote:
    Digitalyzed wrote:Borderlands 2, Borderlands 2, Borderlands 2, Borderlands 2, Borderlands 2, Borderlands 2, Borderlands 2, maybe Call of Duty 9 as the campaign is supposedly about zombies, and Borderlands 2.
    Nope, dosen't seem like anyone. happy
    #

Aaaargh it's gonna be so goddamn, gunslingin', bazillion weaponing AWESOME. I hope...otherwise I may lose all faith I had in gearbox.
    The_Tao
    The_Tao
    Casual
    Casual

Post by The_Tao Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:13 pm

I'm looking forward to Borderlands 2 and Dark Souls DLC.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:58 pm

Yukon wrote:I really could not get through deadspace 2.. isaac was a much better silent protagonist. He just kept shaking me out of the atmosphere everytime he opened his mouth, which was about every time I hit a monster to save bullets.

I think the obvious one you are going to hear is Dragons Dogma if the past month hasnt been enough of a hint. I'm thinking of it, but really, I have been looking forward to Team ICO's Last Guardian... mostly because of the love I had for the previous game lending itself to blind faith in them, not really crazy for a boy and his monster story, but maybe they can pull it off and get me lovestruck.

Yeah I've been looking forward to the Last Guardian for what seems like forever. Also looking forward to Darksiders 2. Its kind of a guilty pleasure for me. They're so terribly over the top and poorly written but I dig the Zelda elements. I doubt I'll buy it new but I'm sure a used copy will turn up sooner or later.

Oooh and the Silent Hill HD collection is definitely on my list.

I don't really see the draw for Borderlands. I was really unimpressed by the first one. It felt like Fallout but with a complete lack of depth and a million weapons that were essentially exactly the same. Although I did enjoy Dead Island immensely and I felt like there were a lot of similarities mechanics wise.

Do any of you guys play RTS games at all? I just nabbed a copy of Company of Heroes off Steam for practically nothing and I'm REALLY enjoying it so far. I've heard there's a whole number of sequels and expansions in the works. That'd definitely be on my list also.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:05 pm

Plastic, it seems like me and you have similar tastes in games, Silent hill used to be my favorite series! But well, we already discussed what happened there.

Borderlands was fun, but only in 2 player co-op. I could never get into it alone, and I don't mean online co-op you need to have a sibling or a friend to sit there on the couch next to you. I'm not too crazy for the second one, but I will probably pick it up eventually.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:14 pm

It seemed like that kind of game. I unfortunately played it during a period when I was living without an internet connection at home. So I solo'd the entire game and it just didn't really do anything for me. I guess it probably would have been more fun with other people. Although I purposely solo'd the majority of Dead Island. Every time I landed a co-op partner it seemed like all they wanted to do was just run through everything as fast as humanly possible. I just don't like to play games that way. I like to take my time and kill everything, search everything, and explore thoroughly.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:47 pm

I never played online with borderlands, its way cooler if you can capture one of your friends tape their eyelids to their foreheads and force them to play with you. It's a real good time to have someone sitting next to you screaming "*** HUGE SKAGS! *** THEY ARE EVERYWHERE! THROW YOUR TURRET!!"
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:16 am

Bioshock Infinite looks amazing, and I'm pretty hyped for the Dark Souls DLC but I'm pretty sure we all are lol
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:19 am

Borderlands 2, FF VS XIII If its ever freaking released. Not much atm really, I keep tabs on bio ware, bethesda, and obsidian, otherwise its a game by game basis and the summer drought approaches.
    Railage
    Railage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Railage Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:26 am

Forum Pirate wrote:Borderlands 2, FF VS XIII If its ever freaking released. Not much atm really, I keep tabs on bio ware, bethesda, and obsidian, otherwise its a game by game basis and the summer drought approaches.

I want FF XIV for the PS3, I'm so ready for it.

I love Final Fantasy, and I never played the former MMO so I'm really excited about this one..

Bugs and all.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:28 am

I want to play The Last of Us. That looks cool and if its as good as the trailer makes it out to be and also the Uncharted series then I'm all over that ****! Also want to play operation raccoon city spec ops dlc and Resi 6 with Leon in it.

Shame that Ashley isn't there. I missed the "LLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNN! HEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!"'s that often escaped her lips.
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:54 am

Yukon wrote:I really could not get through deadspace 2.. isaac was a much better silent protagonist. He just kept shaking me out of the atmosphere everytime he opened his mouth, which was about every time I hit a monster to save bullets.

Last Guardian!!
    Risen 2... 'cause I love pirates...
    And Ni no Kuni - which is that Level 5/Studio Ghibli/Square Enix production ❤

Edit: also waiting for ZOE HD collection
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:01 am

I can't say I'm excited for any games right now, half because I can't afford them and half because I just feel the industry is stagnating and nothing of interest is coming up for me.

Railage I wish you luck on 14, last I heard Tanaka was off and it was supposedly getting better. I will say that you may walk into an elitist community since a decent portion also plays or played 11, and I won't even get into the mess that is in.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:25 pm