Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+92
dr_calamitus
WorkInProgressSi
Montante
SEANB240
whitechikz11
Cyan-Hawk
carlucio
Ghadis_God
JohnnyHarpoon
ZikoLogiKa NL
Juutas
Bcc17
BishopHavel
Baal-Avatar
About8547Souls
SATLOS
HvnlyNois
Slienced
TheAshenPhantom
MalBunneh
FlamingHarlekin
demonofelru
JY4answer
Enigma5991
RajenRaymen
sinisterapathy
Butterz^_^
Garl_Vinland
Scudman_Slayer
reim0027
IcEDraKo7
Quarik
Saturnine Knight
RANT
xXDaemonarchXx
Carphil
Spurgun
exandroide
ublug
Lucaskid
vixder/pennywise
Uparkaam
RaSoul
Raptrojo
Rynoa
PlasticandRage
Keyz Kage
Blade of The Sun
russiannightmare
White Mamba
Hylian
BartholomewWenceslas
WyrmHero
Rassa
FexDS
Yarxov
Serious_Much
DoughGuy
Po1ymorph
Emergence
Buggy Virus
Rynn
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
TheGoddessSendell
Artorias
Sunbro4evar
dirkdeadeye
CrackSouls
bloodpixel
TehInfamousAmos
KomradDakka
Griever
DxV04
Imarreteet23
callipygias
Tolvo
NoResorb
Fafhrd81
onionkingg
DeCeleRator93
Wareditor
Reaperfan
cloudyeki
Rin
kiwi_commander
skarekrow13
ViralEnsign_
Kaminari
Wade_Wilson
Yukon
berkut
ChizFreak
96 posters

Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition: Artorias of Abyss boss, new areas, weapons, New PvP Mode, Matchmaking, and more!

White Mamba
    White Mamba
    Addicted
    Addicted

Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition: Artorias of Abyss boss, new areas, weapons, New PvP Mode, Matchmaking, and more! - Page 5 Empty Re: Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition: Artorias of Abyss boss, new areas, weapons, New PvP Mode, Matchmaking, and more!

Post by White Mamba Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:40 am

Why would anyone want DLC.....put it in a patch lol
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition: Artorias of Abyss boss, new areas, weapons, New PvP Mode, Matchmaking, and more! - Page 5 Empty Re: Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition: Artorias of Abyss boss, new areas, weapons, New PvP Mode, Matchmaking, and more!

Post by Yarxov Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:42 am

DLC is viewed as more practical, and a patch more 'far fetched'.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:43 am

White Mamba wrote:Why would anyone want DLC.....put it in a patch lol

I really want Artorias armor, and some lore explanations.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:44 am

They HAVE tto put the armor in, we have the shield and sword, leaving out the armor will kill alot of fanboys xD
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:48 am

They just have to put all the Four Knights armors and weapons, and Gwyn's Firstborn armor and weapon, and then my life is complete.
    BartholomewWenceslas
    BartholomewWenceslas
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BartholomewWenceslas Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:06 am

I'd say the reason I want DLC is to support a good company. If From gets extra cash from DLC, then that's all the better that the next game will be. Don't get me wrong, I would appreciate it being free, but realistically I doubt it will be...
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:19 am

I'm with you. Plus I subsidized my disc with gift cards from one of the few reputable survey sites so I only spent $15 so far. I woulda paid full price though. Now to get me that Hawkeye bow
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:21 am

I want Ciaran's dagger with 150 critical.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:25 am

150 critical with HR = O.O
    russiannightmare
    russiannightmare
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by russiannightmare Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:38 am

First let me just say Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition: Artorias of Abyss boss, new areas, weapons, New PvP Mode, Matchmaking, and more! - Page 5 639795459 Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition: Artorias of Abyss boss, new areas, weapons, New PvP Mode, Matchmaking, and more! - Page 5 639795459 Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition: Artorias of Abyss boss, new areas, weapons, New PvP Mode, Matchmaking, and more! - Page 5 639795459 Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition: Artorias of Abyss boss, new areas, weapons, New PvP Mode, Matchmaking, and more! - Page 5 639795459 Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition: Artorias of Abyss boss, new areas, weapons, New PvP Mode, Matchmaking, and more! - Page 5 639795459 Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition: Artorias of Abyss boss, new areas, weapons, New PvP Mode, Matchmaking, and more! - Page 5 639795459 Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition: Artorias of Abyss boss, new areas, weapons, New PvP Mode, Matchmaking, and more! - Page 5 639795459 Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition: Artorias of Abyss boss, new areas, weapons, New PvP Mode, Matchmaking, and more! - Page 5 639795459 Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition: Artorias of Abyss boss, new areas, weapons, New PvP Mode, Matchmaking, and more! - Page 5 639795459 Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition: Artorias of Abyss boss, new areas, weapons, New PvP Mode, Matchmaking, and more! - Page 5 639795459 Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition: Artorias of Abyss boss, new areas, weapons, New PvP Mode, Matchmaking, and more! - Page 5 639795459

Now for no DLC anouncement Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition: Artorias of Abyss boss, new areas, weapons, New PvP Mode, Matchmaking, and more! - Page 5 2707236321 Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition: Artorias of Abyss boss, new areas, weapons, New PvP Mode, Matchmaking, and more! - Page 5 2707236321 Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition: Artorias of Abyss boss, new areas, weapons, New PvP Mode, Matchmaking, and more! - Page 5 2707236321 Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition: Artorias of Abyss boss, new areas, weapons, New PvP Mode, Matchmaking, and more! - Page 5 2707236321 Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition: Artorias of Abyss boss, new areas, weapons, New PvP Mode, Matchmaking, and more! - Page 5 2707236321 Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition: Artorias of Abyss boss, new areas, weapons, New PvP Mode, Matchmaking, and more! - Page 5 2707236321 Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition: Artorias of Abyss boss, new areas, weapons, New PvP Mode, Matchmaking, and more! - Page 5 2707236321 sad

But let's be real in the words of the great Michael Patcher "It's a profit deal thing" They won't anounce it as DLC right now because Namco is hoping we're all mindless zombies that will slap our preorder down the second it hits Gamestop or where ever you like to buy from. So the point of anouncing it as DLC right now will eliminate more preorder sales. I imagine they will anounce DLC closer to the release date or shortly thereafter and if they do not then in the words of Conan the Barbarian "Da hell with you" :affraid:

No gaming PC makes me very sad
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:37 am

OHHHHHH GOD ITS ARTORIAS! TOLVO! ITS REALLY HIM! MY LIFE IS COMPLETE!
    Blade of The Sun
    Blade of The Sun
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Blade of The Sun Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:39 am

OMG he looks more badass than I had imagined.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:46 am

Blade of The Sun wrote:OMG he looks more badass than I had imagined.

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? ITS REALLY HIM! THE GUY WHO WAS SO MYSTERIOUS THAT I HAD NIGHTMARES TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHO HE WAS>

THATS HIMS THERE!

God all I can say is this better come out on the consoles or there will be hell to pay FROM I swear it. If they don't I'll write them such a scathing letter calling them poopyheads and smellyfaces so often they will feel really bad about it.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:48 am

Yes Viral, and your build too!!!!
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:50 am

WyrmHero wrote:Yes Viral, and your build too!!!!

Plus One I'm in such a jubilant mood! Artorias will be finished soon though even without the armour. However when I get it there shall be much feasting and drinking (much drinking) in his name!
    Blade of The Sun
    Blade of The Sun
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Blade of The Sun Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:54 am

It looks like to me, based on the About domain that consoles will likely receive a GoTY edition type expansion. The content being on a disk of it's on sold separately and with the option of importing characters.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:56 am

I'm so happy I'll do a cursed Artorias build to complement you.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:57 am

If they support a trade in system then thats fine as if thats the case then all of our dark souls disks will soon be redundant.
    Keyz Kage
    Keyz Kage

Post by Keyz Kage Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:38 am

Just woke up to this awezome news! I can't wait to die over and over again, yay! xD

I'm also exited about the music. And Artorias of course. It could be cool if Gough could be summoned to the boss fight against Artorias or something.. At least Sunbro right? No, alone? Curses. Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition: Artorias of Abyss boss, new areas, weapons, New PvP Mode, Matchmaking, and more! - Page 5 1330857165
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:41 am

I don't know what you guys are worried about here regarding the console DLC release. From loves their fans. They wouldn't do that to us. For one thing consider the way they issued their statement of new content. Why would new PC users care enough to be strung along waiting for the wall to come down? That was clearly directed at all of us DkS addicts that they knew would be on the edges of our chairs waiting and watching for weeks. Also consider the general demeanor of From representatives. You remember Hidetaka Miyazaki's meek apology for the miniscule bugs in the beginning? And that's a man you're worried about short changing your DLCs?
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:05 am

SOMEONE PLEASE JUST SLAP ME IN THE FACE!
    Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition: Artorias of Abyss boss, new areas, weapons, New PvP Mode, Matchmaking, and more! - Page 5 639795459 Don't know what to say, Praise the sun.

(I expected much more talk about this Pvp match making big grin)
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:08 am

I don't know all the much about it but Artorias is just the clear victory. With the DLC never intending to be made having them include a boss that fans have so aivdly scrutinised included in the DLC is a real win for us.

Anyone care to enlighten me as to this new matching pvp systemy thingy?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:18 am

Match making? :| From that all I understand is mass groupings in teams like in COD... I really hope that this doesn't mean the Online PvP and PvE are gonna become separated, gonna be shocking if that happened.
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:39 am

Maybe it just means on PC they'll have less problems of connecting with other people?
    Like no more summon failed messages?

Or, what if you can choose who to invade?
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:42 am

Yeah matchmaking would kill the atmosphere of dark souls sad
    And choose who u can invade? why..so people can invade anytime with modded stats sad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 9:03 pm