Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+26
schultz
ICEFANG
ImperatorMortis
Lancelot
KillerMisery
Tolvo
Artorias
Quarik
Sulfur
SeriousDogg
jsd201
russiannightmare
Keyz Kage
Blade of The Sun
cloudyeki
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
bloodpixel
Yarxov
DoughGuy
Reaperfan
his1n-
ChizFreak
Rynn
Imarreteet23
Wade_Wilson
Buggy Virus
30 posters

How Can We Beat Artorias In The PC Edition?

bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

How Can We Beat Artorias In The PC Edition? - Page 2 Empty Re: How Can We Beat Artorias In The PC Edition?

Post by bloodpixel Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:24 am

Yarxov wrote:Sounded more like Artorias fired you. xD
    That was also part of the joke. Since he was my ex-boss, I know somewhat about him. So that's why I'm out to kill Artorias and why I said that I know how to defeat him.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

How Can We Beat Artorias In The PC Edition? - Page 2 Empty Re: How Can We Beat Artorias In The PC Edition?

Post by cloudyeki Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:28 am

I'd laugh if he became the bigger meaner brother of the penetrator. Whatcha gonna do without Biorr? NUTHIN' HAHAHAHAHAHAHA *stabbed and thrown across the room*
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:30 am

Actually I would rage if Ciaran came around and started back stabbing you with Hornet's ring.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:32 am

ooh, that would huuuurt. But what if she is the Biorr to you penetrator? fighting side by side with one of the 4 knights would be awesome.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:35 am

Fightning with a knight against a knight? geesh, intense.

Lol at Penetrator situation, he was my favorite boss because of how badass he is, he would've killed Biorr if I hadn't interfered.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:39 am

yeah, I wanted that armor and was so sad I couldn't get it. Though I doubt I'd have the weight required to wear it. Still an amazing duel fight if you were a swordsman-type. Blue Blood Sword FTW!!!

Maybe gough will be hanging back sniping while you fight Artorias to help out in some way?
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:43 am

^ That would be amazing, like if Gough were to stagger him every now and then with the DSGB, allowing you to get some hits in.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:58 am

I just hope it's a hard strategic boss fight, which doesn't have a simple trick to it. Not like stray and firesage demon's obvious move set, but not like Ornestein and Smough overkill simply because they were fighting together. More like a Gwyn type boss. Well a Gwyn type boss that can't be parried.

Last edited by Buggy Virus on Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:18 am; edited 1 time in total
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:15 am

Could NOT be parried you mean?
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:18 am

Yarxov wrote:Could NOT be parried you mean?

Yes, that's what I meant.

I remember when I first fought Gwyn. I was so impressed, it was the first boss that felt really really hard. As if no matter what edge I got, and how I learned his movements there wouldn't be any easy way to cheese him.

Then I looked online, and saw you could parry him.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:22 am

I hope Artorias is just a straight up sword fight. And I also hope he was some dialogue.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:23 am

He should start the fight by casting something that drains ALL your spell casts
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:24 am

Nah. That would be a kick to the balls to sorcerer types.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:25 am

bloodpixel wrote:Nah. That would be a kick to the balls to sorcerer types.

Exactly.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:26 am

He would then proceed to make all your godly weapon upgrades do tiny bits of damage. In fact, he just hands you a sword and you duel like men!
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:28 am

He might have fallen to the dark, but he still clings to that last bit of honor, eh?
    Blade of The Sun
    Blade of The Sun
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Blade of The Sun Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:08 am

Reaperfan wrote:
    Buggy Virus wrote:I hear he is unmatched with a greatsword.

The first step would be to use something other than a greatsword I'd think. Maybe one-up him with an Ultra Greatsword?

Lol! Good thinking. People could say that the Great Blade of the Sun is unmatched with a ultra Greatsword appropriately named "Greatsword", but others would dare dispute this fact. Mainly bS/LSers and people higher than SL. 70ish or Cheaters.

Off Topic- isn't Artorias' sword an ultra in disguise?
    Keyz Kage
    Keyz Kage

Post by Keyz Kage Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:57 am

Like maybe you can only talk to him if you're a Darkwraith or have the covenant of Artorias ring on. Then we will be best friends with Artorias and proceed to bring Lordran and the rest of the world into Darkness. Praise the Dark? How Can We Beat Artorias In The PC Edition? - Page 2 3207319737
    russiannightmare
    russiannightmare
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by russiannightmare Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:18 am

It would be nice if Artorias is everything Gwyn was suppose to be. I think I remember in an interview with the developer (think I heard EpicNameBro talk about it in the Art Book ( I hope gets brought to the states too)) Anyway I believe the developer wanted Gwyn to challenge all your wits, everything you've learned in the game and how you've upgraded your toon would come into play. Atleast this would be my hope with how much of a beast we've read Artorias was.

Last edited by russiannightmare on Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:40 am; edited 1 time in total
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:29 am

Gwyn was meant to be a boss that couldchallnge any playstyle. Unfortunately to challenge the "parry and riposte" playstyle he became easy.
    jsd201
    jsd201

Post by jsd201 Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:33 am

russiannightmare wrote:It would be nice if Artorias is everything Gwyn was suppose to be. I think I remember in an interview with the developer (think I heard EpicNameBro talk about it in the Art Book ( I hope gets brought to the states too)) Anyway I believe the developer wanted Gwyn to challenge all your wits, everything you've learned in the game and how you've upgraded your toon would come into play. Atleast this would be my hope with how much of a breast we've read Artorias was.

Artorias is a breast??? silly
    russiannightmare
    russiannightmare
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by russiannightmare Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:39 am

@ jsd201 sorry I meant beast. It's 6:30am here and I've been up all night at work. I would have used more colorful language to discribe him but I didn't know what I could and couldn't write on the forum. And also yes the parry and riposte is good and all but I personally had a much more difficult time with the False King from Demon Souls.
    SeriousDogg
    SeriousDogg

Post by SeriousDogg Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:56 am

Best boss ever... i think that Mizyaki and From Soft will troll us with messege that will give us Link to download GODMOD lol
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:05 pm

I bet we can't parry him. . . but he can be back stabbed.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:22 pm

more like you can bust his sword or something thus making the fight easier or altering his moveset after he reaches 50% hp. start off (ridiculously) strong then ease up?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 12:51 am