Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
cloudyeki
ChizFreak
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
RANT
Yesuurd
kiwi_commander
Rin
russiannightmare
sen545331
ErrJon6661
PlasticandRage
Saturnine Knight
Rynn
17 posters

Red Tearstone Ring

Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Red Tearstone Ring - Page 2 Empty Re: Red Tearstone Ring

Post by Yarxov Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:28 pm

ChizFreak wrote:
    Yarxov wrote:True, but if they do take the risk that hit will obliterate them sad

If they get the hit, and if they don't get hit even ONCE before trying. Most weapons take more 20% of your life per hit. And as I said, most glass cannons have low health, so I can kill them safely with my Composite Bow +15 (420ish pure phys damage I believe).
    I'm talking about Burg Griefers who have Giants armor and high health, I doubt a +0 weapon could do 20% in one hit on that.
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:36 pm

@Yarxov most of the glass cannon builds have extremely low health to start off. SO being at 20% is being at less than 200 health. On top of that you're going to sacrafice ring slots and end for things that will increase your damage. So a burg griefer invading at sl 30 is going to look like this.

http://tinyurl.com/7j93wtn

You have to compromise defense in order to achieve a real glass cannon.

But the thing is, these guys one shot most players there anyways. So does it make much of a difference?
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:39 pm

It means faster weapons can do more damage, or kill them through their shields. I'm not saying it's not risky, I'm not saying it will give them 100% success rate, but against new players or even average, anti-griefer players it could be good.
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:41 pm

Its going to be good anyways haha. I've ran into griefers one shotting me with combustion, using twop and firestorm, spamming wog, dead angling with lightning great scythes. They have enough effective ways of one shotting low level players. Creating glass cannons is just unnecessary.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:47 pm

True silly
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:36 pm

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:do you wear armor while doing this? cause at 20% hp its not gonna help much and if your not wearing dwgr it be best to get the fast roll.... oh god try caestus' with a build like this....
    I wear Hollowed thief armor, since it looks frightening but leaves my equip burden below 10.

ChizFreak wrote:I already fight one of "you" guys. It was a guy in full Sealers' Set except he wears Dusk Crown. He used Bellowing and Red Tearstone rings. And Tin Crystallization Catalyst. I shot him 1 time with my bow. BAM dead.

Sounds like he's bad at dodging, continue to laugh it up, and come back when you've fought a player better at dodging.

Buggy Virus wrote:I don't understand, how can you have the red tearstone, bellowing dragon crest, and the dusk crown at the same time?

On a side note, does the dragon crest also increase pyromancy?

Yes.

ChizFreak wrote:
    Forum Pirate wrote:And they can roll bs you when you try, And you can counter bs them when they try, and they can counter roll bs that, and you can counter pivot bs that ect, ect.

Point being, bring up flaws or weakness is good, but specific tactics will just get convoluted and distract from the point.

What I meant it's that it's easier to land a single hit with a weapon, than a single hit with magic.
    [color:c429=FFF7A6]I have a Crossbow and a Demon Spear just for such occasions. The spear is longer then 90% of weapons, and the crossbow fires fast and catches people off guard.

vageta31 wrote:Good players will notice the tearstone aura and play it safe. Trying to hit even average players with sorcery spells is hard, hitting a good player is near impossible unless you can set them up on a narrow straightaway where they can't dodge. And if you can do that... then they aren't so good right?
    It's more possible with great combustion, but it's risky. You'll die a lot most likely so it's mostly for show as you might have just beat them normally but ended up losing to one of their lucky swings.
    Not entirely, the build isn't honestly designed for such PvP (PvE and anti-griefing). When I get summoned in the forest, I can easily kill 3 fighters with a single spell, and the farmers tend to be horrible at dodging. In normal PvP, most players aren't as good as you'd expect, and since most players I've fought have high-stun lock weapons, I'm dead in a single "combo" anyway, might as well make it official.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 8:39 pm