Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+40
Phoenix Rising
Chumgeyser
Rynn
WyrmHero
Spurgun
Little-G
barrywilkins
Rin
ViralEnsign_
ErrJon6661
Forum Pirate
Reaperfan
Artorias
DamageCK
FruitPunchNinja
Uparkaam
Serious_Much
PlasticandRage
sinisterapathy
reim0027
The Once-Ler
Raptrojo
Tolvo
mugenis4real
Bito
TehInfamousAmos
Bamjam
Jovias-86
Sulfur
Butterz^_^
Lotus-C4L
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Carphil
bloodpixel
RANT
Imarreteet23
Blade of The Sun
Yukon
cloudyeki
the-penguin-boy
44 posters

what is your favorite weapon in darksouls??

Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

what is your favorite weapon in darksouls?? - Page 2 Empty Re: what is your favorite weapon in darksouls??

Post by Serious_Much Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:22 pm

Chaos Blade.

I'm also very fond of the MLGS due to my first playthrough.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

what is your favorite weapon in darksouls?? - Page 2 Empty Re: what is your favorite weapon in darksouls??

Post by Uparkaam Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:25 pm

Broadsword, darksword, sunlight straight sword and barbed straight sword. They're all great weapons and I love them. Currently my favourite weapon is probably the broadsword. Oh, and battle axe and pike are also nice weapons.
    Sulfur
    Sulfur
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sulfur Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:30 pm

I have a sorcery build going on right now and i gotta say i am falling in love with my magic estoc, it will be even better when i turn it enchanted.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:37 pm

i honestly cant pick theres a weapon in each class that i love and then another i like just as much. if i really had to pick it would be between the balder side sword,gravelord sword/murakumo,large club. still i really cant pick each weapon has its positives and negatives.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:00 pm

Jovias-86 wrote:Great Scythe at the moment... winking

Fought a dude earlier who was using a Great Scythe. He cast DMB and Power Within. I have 1800hp. Two hits, dude. Two hits...
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:02 pm

Serious_Much wrote:Chaos Blade.

I'm also very fond of the MLGS due to my first playthrough.

Chaos Blade <3
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:20 pm

Great sword of artorias - Both
    Moonlight greatsword
    Chaos Blade
    Lifehunt Scythe
    Balder side sword
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:32 pm

Dragon Bone Fist and Giant Blacksmith Hammer happy
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:45 pm

Reaperfan wrote:Dragon Bone Fist and Giant Blacksmith Hammer happy

I think it's garbage on someone in full Giant's, two-handing a Great weapon, but on a DEX build I think it's right at home. Having max DEF plus max damage plus max mobility is garbage. There's no balance in it.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:09 pm

gianr black smith hammer is a regular size hammer with lightining damage obtained by killing the anorlondo blk smith. its not a "Great" weapon it has d str scaling.... and wields the same as a regular club.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:27 am

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:gianr black smith hammer is a regular size hammer with lightining damage obtained by killing the anorlondo blk smith. its not a "Great" weapon it has d str scaling.... and wields the same as a regular club.

I'm wondering what else he could have even thought it was lol.
    sinisterapathy
    sinisterapathy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sinisterapathy Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:36 am

Reaperfan wrote:
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:gianr black smith hammer is a regular size hammer with lightining damage obtained by killing the anorlondo blk smith. its not a "Great" weapon it has d str scaling.... and wields the same as a regular club.

I'm wondering what else he could have even thought it was lol.

It has "giant" in the name if one has never seen one would think its quite large no? lol
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:08 am

sinisterapathy wrote:It has "giant" in the name if one has never seen one would think its quite large no? lol

It is actually quite large, and I think it's actually the biggest of the regular hammer weapons (there's a picture of it on my character in my post on the 'let's see your dark souls characters' thread). Still doesn't explain his snap against Strength weapons and heavy armor. :|
    I realize he's new and probably doesn't realize he quoted the person who hates on the "having movement, defense, and power at the same time" idea more than anyone else on this forum, but to assume I'm a Giant's-wearing, great-hammer-roll-attack-spamming, ninja-flipping tank just because I said I like a weapon with "Giant" in the name is going a bit far lol!
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:08 am

Actually I didn't see a weapon list in his comment, all I saw were punction symbols, like "(..>..) Weird stuff. Anyway, I don't have any beef with any particular build. Sure, the full Giant's gear with a Greatsword/axe and max mobility is a BEAST setup, but I'm just gong to do stuff like roll BS and GC between hits because that's how a DEX build counters a slam build like that. Honestly, do whatever you want in PvP. Someone will find a way to consistently pull wins on you, no matter what you do.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:10 am

Nevermind. I read your signature as part of your comment. My bad, man. I'm using my phone to post/browse the forum.
    sinisterapathy
    sinisterapathy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sinisterapathy Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:15 am

Reaperfan wrote:
    sinisterapathy wrote:It has "giant" in the name if one has never seen one would think its quite large no? lol

It is actually quite large, and I think it's actually the biggest of the regular hammer weapons (there's a picture of it on my character in my post on the 'let's see your dark souls characters' thread). Still doesn't explain his snap against Strength weapons and heavy armor. :|
    I realize he's new and probably doesn't realize he quoted the person who hates on the "having movement, defense, and power at the same time" idea more than anyone else on this forum, but to assume I'm a Giant's-wearing, great-hammer-roll-attack-spamming, ninja-flipping tank just because I said I like a weapon with "Giant" in the name is going a bit far lol!

hah agreed I already saw that pic(cool toon BTW) id never seen one before i gotta say it looks pretty awesome. almost makes me wanna go kill the giant blacksmith
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:18 am

DWGR is op we get it, I agree, moving on now.

Define favorite. I use the gscythe and kats mostly but I'm not sure they're my favorite, just the weapons I'm most skilled at wielding.

The Silver knight straight sword is the coolest imo.
    sinisterapathy
    sinisterapathy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sinisterapathy Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:24 am

DamageCK wrote:Actually I didn't see a weapon list in his comment, all I saw were punction symbols, like "(..>..) Weird stuff. Anyway, I don't have any beef with any particular build. Sure, the full Giant's gear with a Greatsword/axe and max mobility is a BEAST setup, but I'm just gong to do stuff like roll BS and GC between hits because that's how a DEX build counters a slam build like that. Honestly, do whatever you want in PvP. Someone will find a way to consistently pull wins on you, no matter what you do.

I gotta disagree with ya on that one bro moving fast is one of main reasons to use dex as most of the weapons are good and fast...when havel can do it in full armor it takes one of the biggest advanages away from being a lightweight build.
    sure they still attack slow but doing a backflip afterwards makes it hard close the gap from avoiding their attck being as they move the same speed as you with twice the protection/hit power.

oh and 99% of people i see doing this are lagstabbin gankers.
    sinisterapathy
    sinisterapathy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sinisterapathy Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:28 am

Forum Pirate wrote:

I thought it awesome too on my first playthrough i upgraded it all the way. this was before you could buy TT. i was severely dissapointed with the final product...but im alot better at the game now maybe i should try it again...
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:33 am

at 40 dex its equal in power to a +15 balder swag sword in damage, the EXACT same numbers. and its r2 combo is really strong and can stun well
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:44 am

Velka's Rapier is my current favorite. I like it so much I got two to +5 and a duel wield them. Not the most effective but its fun as hell.

Other notable favorites are:

Silver knight straight sword
    Bandits Knife
    Ricard's rapier
    Estoc
    Panting guardian swords
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:04 am

Dual +5 Chaos Uchi's! THANKS WYRMHERO!
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:00 am

sinisterapathy wrote:
    Forum Pirate wrote:

I thought it awesome too on my first playthrough i upgraded it all the way. this was before you could buy TT. i was severely dissapointed with the final product...but im alot better at the game now maybe i should try it again...

after patch 1.05 you could buff the silver knight straight sword. it used to have that occult dmg or w.e that the silver knight spear has.
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:11 am

The Dragon Greatsword...it owns when in my hands cheers
    barrywilkins
    barrywilkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by barrywilkins Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:58 am

so many weapons in this game. its almost impossible to choose a favorite. caestus is a pretty fun one for my matthew pattel build, which is a pyromancer/fist user with a caestus and dark hand in the right with pyromancy flame and another dark hand in the left.

dragonslayer spear just has that awesome factor of being able to shoot lightning, and being quite epic. uchigatana, while slightly overused for favorites has a great reason for it.

i could go on forever about every weapon in this game. just so much awesome potential in every single one!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:18 am