Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Tolvo
PlasticandRage
Buggy Virus
Tokidd
8 posters

Why does my Giant have no titanite?

Tokidd
    Casual
    Casual

Why does my Giant have no titanite? Empty Why does my Giant have no titanite?

Post by Tokidd Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:38 pm

Hello people!

As with many new players,I have many questions to ask. I am grateful to those who have responded to my posts in the past and to those who have taken the time to read this.

Anyhow, I've finally made my way to the Giant Blacksmith after spending many hours in the Painted World, and Anor Londo harvesting souls and leveling up my character to 85. I've been able to make some very cool boss weapons and a lightning Uchigatana, but the dude's got NO titanite in stock. My copy is brand new, bought only a few weeks ago, but does this mean I am missing the patch that gives him titanite in his inventory? As you all know, many varieties are very rare, so I was really looking forward to stocking up. Anyone know what the deal here is?

Thanks again,

TOkidd
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Why does my Giant have no titanite? Empty Re: Why does my Giant have no titanite?

Post by Buggy Virus Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:50 pm

Which titanite?

He should still have twinkling and the other basic kinds, but if you are looking for chunks you have to farm.

If there is nothing at all, you are missing a patch.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Why does my Giant have no titanite? Empty Re: Why does my Giant have no titanite?

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:04 pm

Yeah he should have shards, large shards, green, and twinkling I think
    Tokidd
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Tokidd Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:08 pm

Yeah, he's got absolutely nothing, not even shards. I was really looking to get my hands on twinkling titanite, but he's got nothing, NOTHING! Look Skyward
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:11 pm

Could you maybe snag a picture, even if it's low quality? I've never actually heard of this issue before.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:11 pm

Are you playing on PS3? If you are go into your XMB and hit, I think triangle, on the game disc. Whatever button gives you an info menu. You should have the option of downloading and installing the latest patch. If it doesn't give you the option than that might not be your problem.

Also as a kind of round about fix: If you're really dying for some twinkling before you figure this out, you can farm it from the clam enemies that reside on the beach in Ash Lake as well as the final area of the Crystal Caves.

If you've already beaten Seath than I recommend the Crystal Caves. It's definitely a more efficient area to farm than Ash Lake.
    Tokidd
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Tokidd Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:51 pm

I'm actually on 360, not Playstation, so I can't attempt the PS3 suggestion.
    I could try to get a pic, but I'm not sure how to go about doing it. I don't know how to save a screenshot, and then how to go about getting it uploaded to this site. I could take a digital photo of the screen and upload that, I suppose. Basically, when I go into his purchase menu, he only has three categories available: armor, arrows, and weapons/shields. titanite isn't even an option.

As for the suggestion regarding the clams, I tried harvesting TT from them in Ash Lake, but after more than an hour I only ever got purging stones from them. And, as you mentioned, the harvesting potential of Ash Lake is not exactly....well, lucrative.

ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:28 pm

You probably need to download the 1.05 patch if you haven't, I don't think he sold titanite prior.
    Shakie666
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Shakie666 Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:01 pm

This definitely sounds like you don't have the latest patch, because not only can you not buy any titanite from the giant blacksmith, the patch also increased the drop rate of twinkling from the clams A LOT. Before they were really rare, now they're even more common than purging stones.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:11 pm

I've been quite successful farming the clams for twinkling titanite in Ash Lake, even when I'm hollow. Equip the Gold Serpent Ring and you should have no problem
    Tokidd
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Tokidd Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:46 pm

I'm thinking it's got to be a patch issue. When I went farming for twinkling titanite in Ash Lake, I had 6 humanity and the Covetous Serpent Ring equipped. Like I said, nothing but purging stones. Problem is, I don't have Xbox Live. Kinda sucks. There's a lot of good items that can only be upgraded with TT. Without these two sources available to me, I'm kind of screwed. I'm not spending 10 hours killing clams for a piece of TT.

I guess I'll just have to learn to live without it.

TOkidd
    sinisterapathy
    sinisterapathy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sinisterapathy Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:30 pm

just plug your xbox in to your internet...you dont have to pay for xbox live gold for patches or even dlc silver account is free and it will automaticlly d/l the patch when you start the game.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:46 pm

SlakeMoth wrote:I've been quite successful farming the clams for twinkling titanite in Ash Lake, even when I'm hollow. Equip the Gold Serpent Ring and you should have no problem

It definitely can be done. It's just a lot easier in the Crystal Caves. Once you complete the area there's literally a bonfire 20 seconds away from I think 8? clam enemies. It's just a much more efficient method IMO. Ash Lake requires a great deal more running and there's only 3 or 4 in the entire area.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 9:02 am