Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
Wilkinson3424
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
dancash1808
SunlightCrusader
ViralEnsign_
raecor14
Forum Pirate
TakenoKatana
Yog
Carphil
nsane32
DxV04
WyrmHero
Blade of The Sun
Tolvo
bmurn
20 posters

Why did you become a Blade of the Darkmoon?

bmurn
    bmurn
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : the Dead Burg (formerly "undead" but now renamed after a significant effort at regentrification.)

Why did you become a Blade of the Darkmoon? Empty Why did you become a Blade of the Darkmoon?

Post by bmurn Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:11 pm

Somewhat new, as far as posting, to the forum and thought it would be interesting to hear the logic behind people joining the Darkmoon covenant. I have been in most of the covenants at one time or another but keep coming back to this one.

It started in the demon ruins. Up to that point I had been invaded occassionally, been killed, and then moved on. I never had much trouble finding help for bosses and getting to the boss before an invader could reach me, but that changed as I was coming up on the firesage demon. I think it was five times in a row that I became human and the same invader showed up and crushed me. I tried all kinds of tactics hiding in different spots to surprise, changing gear, etc. but nothing worked. It was tremendously frustrating burning through my humanity and each time hoping for a summon sign to show up prior to the invasion by the Darkwraith. It was then wash, rinse, repeat with the centipede demon, a constant stream of invaders. Every time I would consume a humanity and reverse hollowing the clock was ticking. It made for a lot of stressfull moments...

So, in the end, my simple mind demanded revenge and I became a darkmoon. I still am not good at PVP but have started to win some fights and maybe will some day feel that I have erased the scars that the darkwraiths have left on me. No surpise I spend a good deal of time using the blue orb in the demon ruins...happy
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Why did you become a Blade of the Darkmoon? Empty Re: Why did you become a Blade of the Darkmoon?

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:22 pm

I've always been quite a fan of punishing people who may be very poor sports in PvP, as well I don't mind the odd duel or invasion fight. This is even one of the reasons I'm a forest hunter, to punish the gankers. But now that I see most indict for totally poor reasons, or even it's worn as a badge of honour in PvP I don't darkmoon for that reason. Now I do it as a means of fighting newer players, while I equip myself with weak gear and fight them to give them a friendlier PvP experience than most are probably used to.

I'm surprised Forum hasn't posted here yet.

Also, welcome to the foumrs.
    Blade of The Sun
    Blade of The Sun
    Addicted
    Addicted

Why did you become a Blade of the Darkmoon? Empty Re: Why did you become a Blade of the Darkmoon?

Post by Blade of The Sun Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:26 pm

I played dms and always got ganked by phantoms. When DkS came I saw an opportunity to put my passive aggressive nature to good use, and joined the blades partly out of vengeance but, I also see them as protectors of order, which speaks to me.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:52 pm

It was love at first sight. I said "This IS my covenant!!!".
    bmurn
    bmurn
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : the Dead Burg (formerly "undead" but now renamed after a significant effort at regentrification.)

Post by bmurn Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:52 am

Tolvo - thanks for the welcome. I wish I could say my motivation was as noble as yours. But I don't think that is the case...

Blade - sounds like we share some of the same motivation.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:53 am

Welcome to the forums. I have not yet joined the Darkmoons but I have a toon in mind which will represent the player made covenant Protectors of Lord Gwyn. It fits the lore quite nicely and its one of the few things left for me to do in Dark Souls
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:46 pm

im am a darkmoon blade to remove the filth of the world except for Grave Lord they can stay
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:15 pm

I tried to join this one a few weeks ago, it did not ended very well. It was an old build and a darkwraith, I was having really good duels, no ganking, in high traffic areas like painted world and kiln. So Tried to join the darkmoons. First I thought that to invade, I had to be human like the darkwraiths, I had no idea that you could invade while hollow. Darkmooners were invading me all the time, I thought that so strange, and the blue eye orb seems to take so much longer to invade than the Red eye, at least for me. The times I invaded, the host never bowed and killed me, and dark anor londo invasions were ridiculous.

Now that I'm better at PVP, I might try join this Cov again
    Yog
    Yog
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Yog Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:05 am

I joined the Dark Moons because my char started as a thief. I got a whole final fantasy one idea and figured he would grow up to be an assassin. I stuck around for DMB. I love me that buff. Also I mainly invade in the forest and I dig being the same color as the forest hunters. Shows solidarity.
    TakenoKatana

Post by TakenoKatana Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:08 am

One of the Main Reason of being a Darkmoon Member is the upper devastating Darkmoon Blade Buff. Making my Katana a "Disco-Stu" blue shiny "Pain-in-the-***-stick".
    Blue Orb is also *bling-bling* cool for having me invading as hollow, and the ring for additional PvP actions.
    For me the most beneficiary covenant to be with. Althought collecting 80 ears is also pain in the ***.

Just my 2 cents

Takeno
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:28 am

Hold on tolvo, I was asleep when OP made the topic.

I'm a darkmoon for similar reasons to op. It took forever to get anywhere due to a constant barrage of wraiths in maxed gear. People picking on others who had no reasonable way of defending themselves. Its bullying and I've always hated bullies (got in lots of fights at school protecting people) so I invade as a dm to give what wraiths i can find a taste of their own medicine.

I also chill in areas like the burg and wait for the least lucky griefers in the universe to invade me then pimp slap them around for a few minutes so they can feel what it is to be helpless.

To avoid becoming what I despise, I never invade before Anor londo, unless i'm sl 120+ so i'm getting ng+ers not sl 60 newbies.

I also enjoy pvp but take no pleasure in "trouncing weaklings" and dming after sens reduces my chances of catching beginners.
    bmurn
    bmurn
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by bmurn Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:43 pm

Takeno - The ability to invade while hollow is great. No need to worry about having enough humanity (although I use Queelag's fury sword most of the time so I need to keep 10 humanity active).

Forum - I think as my PVP improves my intentions will become more noble (anti bullying as opposed to a vendetta). For now I pretty much invade wherever I happen to be, which includes the UP and UB, but my sl of 120 makes it highly unlikely that I will get a true noob. I would say that less than 1% of the people I invade end up being easy wins for me. Lately I've had a lot of double death results.

In other news I landed my first PVP parry/riposte last night. A glorious moment. Then I lost. Stupid target would not let me do it to them again...
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:10 pm

its more honorable than being a darkwraith ......by a little hahaha. all jokes aside though i joined it because it seamed like it had a more straightforward story behind it.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:14 pm

Dude. Foruming 101. If its not on the first page or 2 its dead.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:53 pm

LOL, he did the same with another thread in the PvP section.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:54 pm

Now don't be rude to him, he did a bit of Necrobumping, but he's new. I know you guys are paling around, but remember he doesn't know you guys yet so he might take this the wrong way.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:18 pm

raecor14 wrote:its more honorable than being a darkwraith ......\.

Lol when youn invade down no it bloody well isn't.

Im primarily a DM because I hate DW's due to being a Gravelord so long.

To me an invading spirit who is not invading due to my sign is evil as hell.

Other than that I orignallu joined because I had false notions of justice about this cov back when I was starting out.

Then I just realised I was a DW in blue.......
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:55 pm

Viral we can only invade down based on sin; unless they have a lot of sin aka pvp a lot the level difference won't be that big.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:59 am

I know how it works but that doesnt change that we invade down. How ever I don't care because Im punishing those who the game tells me deserve it.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:00 am

I became a blade of the darkmoon because they have the best talisman in the game silly and because it made gwyndolin even more indignant when I walked in and whooped him silly
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:12 am

ViralEnsign_ wrote:I know how it works but that doesnt change that we invade down. How ever I don't care because Im punishing those who the game tells me deserve it.

We can invade up as well. I just confirmed it. We invade up and down based on sin.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:13 am

Within 10% of your level upwards, but limitless down.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:15 am

Funny because my DM at sl 106 just invaded a 120. .1*106=1o.6 106+10.6=116.6. Next theory.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:18 am

On my DM's, I've never gone above 10%, a common number many have found through their testing. Similar to the Dark Wraith invading 10% downwards. Please do try and be civil.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:24 am

I did see 10%+10 sls somewhere, that fits with my experience.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:29 am