Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
Maneater_Mildred
ViralEnsign_
Imarreteet23
Quarik
SlakeMoth
Serious_Much
Forum Pirate
befowler
PlasticandRage
nsane32
Wade_Wilson
berkut
skarekrow13
Tolvo
18 posters

Dishonored (New Bethesda Game)

befowler
    befowler

Dishonored (New Bethesda Game) - Page 2 Empty Re: Dishonored (New Bethesda Game)

Post by befowler Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:14 pm

Steampunk London would be glorious. I'm also keyed up about the possibility of paying Bethesda $59.99 for the opportunity to beta test this for them and have it corrupt my PS3 file system and all my save files.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Dishonored (New Bethesda Game) - Page 2 Empty Re: Dishonored (New Bethesda Game)

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:15 pm

Either way it is definitely a supernatural being, more than likely of malicious intent. My guess, you'll be trying to either resist or clear your name, maybe both. All in all his goals are sinister but you're trying to do well with he gives you so it's sort of a mutual agreement, while the evil being gets some sort of dark goal accomplished you get to maybe help yourself or others. Typical hero stuff.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:57 pm

I like bethesda but I'm so sick of the big dark, powerful anti-hero out for vengeance bit. Can developers please get over that? Its worse than the angsty teenagers thing from the 90's.

I'll keep track of it of course, the permise has the potential for really good gameplay, but I'd really like protagonist design to get past "make him cool" and get to creating actual characters again.

Bioware, and bethesda need to have a child. Possibly with some square or valve thrown in for good measure.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:58 pm

I do agree Forum, I'm really just interest in it for the setting, and possibly the gameplay. I'm very interested, but if I see the gameplay lacking I don't think I'll be giving this one a rent.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:23 pm

Sadly most interesting archetypes are cliche at this point. That's what make From's games so intriguing. Character? Huh....you think about it and get back to us, we're gonna focus on the depth of other things. I'm ok with him being the anti-hero we're so used to.....as long as the voice acting and animations are believable. That's the tough part with games that spell out my character.....I gotta buy into it or we're done here. Primal is a good example. Essentially an angsty teen who gets dark super powers and has to kill her even more angsty musician boyfriend.......like reading any 1990 something teenager's diary. But the world sucked you in.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:25 pm

See I've pretty much stopped focusing on games for Story, I haven't really been interested in the story of a game in a bit, Dark Souls is the onlly exception.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:43 pm

I play games for 3 reasons: amusement, role playing, and story/characters. In the opposite order.

Its sadly lacking in most games, but most of wether or not I finish a game is wether or not I care about the characters and what happens to them. I can't care about the total ***** who's adventure i've already done 24 times in with a few palette swaps here and there.

Games are falling prone to the hollywood disease of being all spectacle. Its starting the artsy revolution with games like journey and heavy rain but I'd say we're years from original games that normal people understand being common. (what normal personal cares about scarf people trying to find their weird scarf god on top of a mountain?)
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:55 pm

Too true.....I dare we're not in the "normal person" category
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:58 pm

I saw the 20 sec video on youtube interrupted me, looked cool to be fair, until I found out it was being made by money grubbing ****.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:41 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:Precisely........like in Oblivion (since I actually haven't had any Skyrim glitches yet) why would anyone go out of their way to enchant a full set of armor with grand souls gems and the most powerful jump magic they can AND create a short term spell with maximum jump effect "just to see what's up there"

I'll tell you why.....they took away my levitate spell from Morrowind......which reminds me of a funny funny derail....

In Morrowind there was a REALLY long lasting levitate spell (might have been a statue power or something). Naturally I used it to go completely vertical for as long as I could and saved a file just as the spell was running out. I believe the free fall took a couple minutes. Awexome!

Sorry, bit late but I remember that levitation spell from Morrowind. You had to make an offering to this shrine in Vivec and you could fly for ages. I used to do it for fun and it was handy if you didn't want to trudge through the Ashlands but those Cliffracer things used to get in the way occasionally. I was really disappointed when it wasn't in Oblivion or Skyrim.

As for glitches, I quite like them. I once had an old lady, three dogs and a molerat thing fall on my head in Fallout 3.
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:54 pm

Story is easily the most important part of a game to me. Gameplay is key for making the game fun, but story is what makes me cherish the game as one that brings back fond memories. Sadly, I agree that many games are now very lacking in story sad.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:45 pm

Speaking of the bounty thug people, one time I got some sent after me, and it was the "teach them a lesson, but it's not a huge deal if he dies" thing. I wasn't familiar with the name of the character, so I searched it on UESP. It was a child. Don't remember which, but I laughed for days.

Oh, and I was seriously pissed when physics applied to paintbrushes in Skyrim.
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:56 pm

Going back to the story, Gameinformer ran an article on this awhile back. The main character is a former body gaurd for the emperess, but she was murdered and he (Corvo) was framed. The reason why there are so many dead people is because there is a plauge, being spread by rats. He is working for "the resistance" because society as a whole is being oppressed. And, that teloporting dude at the begining plays a big role, though I forgot his name.

On the gameplay, Dishonered features stealth, and strategy. However, from what I gathered from the article, you aren't some ridiculious tank, you will actually have to plan and coordinate. Also, the game features a unique karma system, wherin your decisions affect not only you, but the morale of the entire city.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:38 am

Yay I love stealth based games also the uniqueness of the switching between gunning, movement, and melee looks good.

Corvo, Tolvo..... Hmmm Tolvo did you write this game?
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:01 am

Looks good, hope the game play lives up to the fmv.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:43 am

I didn't write this game, if I did this game would all just be a surrealist nightmare that a writer would love the ending to, and every normal gamer would be pissed off at.

That sounds pretty cool on the Gameplay end Imar, though yeah kind of sounds like a typical story. Either way as I said I'm just interested in the Gameplay.
    TheGoddessSendell
    TheGoddessSendell
    Casual
    Casual

Post by TheGoddessSendell Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:57 pm

Late to the party but I am so excited about this! I've been intrigued for a while knowing who'd been working on it, but this trailer has definitely caught my attention. It looks sexy as hell big grin
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:45 am

Ummm... Yeah, it's very very well made and eveything, but what the hell does a short pre-rendered animation movie tell me about the actual game? You know, about the GAMEPLAY. I hate it when game companies do that - if you want to sell me a game, then show me some gameplay!

The only things this trailer tells me about the final game is the plot, even just partly. I see no reason to get hyped because of this.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:12 am

It does show you the stopping time mechanic and the stealth you will be using. Not actual gameplay but close. I personally dislike gameplay trailers. Myabe because I play for the story but I like a mini movie trailer with slick as graphics. Its why I watch the dark souls trailer with Oscar in it over and over, cause its very movie like. And the music is beautiful.
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:45 am

Dough, of course it's awesome to watch, but my point is: I want to know something about how the actual game will be like. I wanna see clips of gameplay. To me, a game is a game, and a movie is a movie. :roll: I don't want to see a short pre-rendered movie that is about the actual game, I want to see the game itself, to know what "awaits" me. Besides that, with such expensive cinematic trailers the game companies only cause many naive people to have false expectations. Just look in the comment section of the youtube vid: "IS THIS REAL LIFE", "OH SHIZ IT LOOKS SO REAL", "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY" I mean what the hell is wrong with the people? This is so obviously a pre-rendered film, it doesn't even closely resemble the graphics/gameplay/physics of the actual game. In fact it tells you nothing but the plot. And that's my problem. :|
    TheGoddessSendell
    TheGoddessSendell
    Casual
    Casual

Post by TheGoddessSendell Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:11 pm

True dat. I completely agree with you. We all remember what happened with Dead Island after all...

Gameplay is paramount, and this trailer means nothing until we know whether the gameplay lives up to the image of the game they're trying to put out there. I'm just being optimistic I guess and hoping that such the awesome trailer and the talent working on the game bodes well. I still don't know whether Bioshock Infinite is going to live up to the hype so, it's nice to have something new to look forward to, after all.
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:41 pm

Don't say such things, Sendall! Bioshock will live up to the hype or I will be so angry, that I will... Uhh... Be really mad!

Seriously though, I have been looking forward to Bioshock infinite since 2011. If it sucks, then I will be crushed.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:55 pm

I would rather it be a gameplay trailer, that was actually something I really loved about Dark Souls. The trailers I found, gameplay!

It's just kind of this generation. People don't care as much about Gameplay, plot, etc, anymore. What do they want? PRETTY GRAPHICS! Even though personally I think Jurassic Park looks better than most games now.
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:41 pm

Yeah, most "gamers" of today have to realize that they don't really would like to actually play the games, I think they would rather like to watch them like a movie. :roll: Nomsayin?
    TheGoddessSendell
    TheGoddessSendell
    Casual
    Casual

Post by TheGoddessSendell Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:46 pm

Imarreteet23 wrote:Don't say such things, Sendall! Bioshock will live up to the hype or I will be so angry, that I will... Uhh... Be really mad!

Seriously though, I have been looking forward to Bioshock infinite since 2011. If it sucks, then I will be crushed.

Hey shhh, I'm sorry! I do have faith in it. It's just very hard to judge right now and it's a such a new direction. I played the first one when it came out and I've been looking forward to it forever too, since the end of Bioshock 2 got me all emotional, haha. I see no reason not to think it's going to be the awesome game it should be. Sorry sad I hope too much that it'll be good I guess, you know how it is when you've been let down by other franchises.

As for graphics, Tolvo, I do agree. It's something that dominates discussion far more than it should do. I'm not one to ask though, my favourite games of all time probably look like a child's ms paint creation to people these days. What I liked about the Dishonored trailer was what it hinted at, not what it look like. An oaf can make a beautiful movie/cut scene but whether that translates into beautiful gameplay and (hopefully) a reasonable story remains to be seen...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:42 pm